PDA

View Full Version : Saturday baseball scores

MetEdDawg
03-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Decent number of upsets around the ranked world early today. Also quite a few DHs as weather will affect a few places around the nation on Sunday:

#11 Florida State gets blanked by Virginia Tech 6-0. Teams are tied 2-2 in the 6th in game 2 of their DH

#3 North Carolina loses to Clemson 3-2. They are down 2-1 in the 2nd inning of their DH today.

#13 LSU can't recreate the magic and lose 5-2 to California in 7. They have a DH today and are winning 1-0 in game 2 in the 3rd

#15 Arkansas loses to La Tech 12-7. Like I said yesterday, La Tech is a very good baseball team.

#9 Georgia staves off an upset by Presbyterian and win 7-6. Had to score 4 in the 8th to win that game. UGA is winning 8-1 in Game 2 of their DH today.

#24 South Carolina beats Valpo 9-2. SC is losing however 2-1 in the 6th inning of game 2 of their DH

#19 Auburn beats UTSA 5-0 in game 1 of their DH. Game 2 scheduled to start at 5 PM

#14 Texas Tech up 12-10 on Wichita State in the 6th.

#18 East Carolina down 3-1 to Marist in the 6th. Need ECU to come back and win that game

Will continue to update action as the day goes on. Very very full day of college baseball. 29 games being played by ranked teams today so I'll update the important ones periodically here.

deadheaddawg
03-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Awesome. Thread. Thanks

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 07:34 PM
ACC is already playing conference games. Odd.

MetEdDawg
03-09-2019, 07:42 PM
ACC is already playing conference games. Odd.

If I remember correctly they do that so all teams play each other once. If we had only 12 SEC teams we could be doing the same thing this weekend. For RPI purposes I would much rather do that than play Maine

MetEdDawg
03-09-2019, 09:34 PM
More finals from tonight:

#13 LSU scores two in the 6th to beat Cal 5-4. It was a 7 inning game so that was late in the contest.

Clemson destroys #3 UNC 17-3. That's a opening conference series loss to an unranked opponent. Have to think a win for us tomorrow will help us pass UNC in the polls come Monday

#6 Stanford beats #12 Texas 4-2. They will play again for the 4th time tomorrow and Stanford has a 2-1 game lead so far in this 4 game set.

#18 East Carolina beats Marist 4-3 in 12 innings. We needed ECU to win that one.

#10 Ole Miss tied 1-1 with UAB in the 2nd inning.

CadaverDawg
03-09-2019, 10:07 PM
LSU better be glad they have that eternal horseshoe up their butt, or they'd be like .500 on the season right now

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 10:17 PM
LSU better be glad they have that eternal horseshoe up their butt, or they'd be like .500 on the season right now

Wait until SEC play starts. Part of the reason for their luck is the schedule that the have played this year. The only team that they played with a pulse is Texas and we saw what happened there. They won't be bad by any means- but I think they'll take their lumps some.

The Federalist Engineer
03-09-2019, 11:59 PM
Wait until SEC play starts. Part of the reason for their luck is the schedule that the have played this year. The only team that they played with a pulse is Texas and we saw what happened there. They won't be bad by any means- but I think they'll take their lumps some.

Best way for Lemonis to become loved is to start being these guys some. We just have the worst timing and luck with these guys. They have been both very good and lucky against us. Our record against them is brutal.

Todd4State
03-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Best way for Lemonis to become loved is to start being these guys some. We just have the worst timing and luck with these guys. They have been both very good and lucky against us. Our record against them is brutal.

Are you referring to LSU or teams like Texas?

If you are referring to LSU- I agree. We have a big series with them in Starkville. Like any MSU baseball coach he needs to win the majority of the time against Ole Miss, LSU, Bama, and USM. I could add Florida and others as well.