PDA

View Full Version : Men's SEC Tourney Seed?

confucius say
03-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Anybody have a good feel with the scenarios today? Who should we be rooting for, tenn to best auburn and Mizzou to beat bears?

CadaverDawg
03-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Anybody have a good feel with the scenarios today? Who should we be rooting for, tenn to best auburn and Mizzou to beat bears?

Yes, we want SouthCarolina, OM, Auburn, and Florida to lose I think

CadaverDawg
03-09-2019, 12:36 PM
AU and SC losing plus us winning, would put us in a 3 way tie for 4th. However, it would be a 5 way tie unless OM and Florida both lose. I don't have a clue about tiebreakers

Going into today:

South Carolina 10-7
Auburn 10-7
MSU 9-8
OM 9-8
Florida 9-8

chef dixon
03-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Tennessee is damn good. They had their 3 game lull and I think that window is officially closed. I honestly can't see them out before the elite 8.

msbulldog
03-09-2019, 12:43 PM
Three-Team Tie (or more)
When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.
For the purpose of seeding, if an institution is precluded from participating in the tournament, such institution will automatically be seeded last. However, for the pur- pose of breaking ties, that team will remain where it finished in the regular-season standings BEFORE being seeded last.

msbulldog
03-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Two-Team Tie
The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken:

Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two teams.
Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceeding through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
Coin flip by the Commissioner.
Three-Team Tie (or more)

confucius say
03-09-2019, 01:12 PM
So it looks like we can't jump USCe and the best we could do is fifth if we win and auburn loses and om loses. If auburn loses and om wins, the best we can do is sixth even if we win.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Whatever scenario has us avoiding Kentucky or Tennessee for our 2nd game I am for that. We want to play South Carolina or maybe a coach-less and Smart-less LSU.

CadaverDawg
03-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Auburn bout to beat UT

msstate7
03-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Auburn bout to beat UT

They get the type of win we've been needing to get the fanbase back enthused

confucius say
03-09-2019, 02:05 PM
They get the type of win we've been needing to get the fanbase back enthused

Maybe they get that type of win bc their fan base was already enthused. They bought in and rocked that place before Pearl started winning there.
Like Dan said, fans show up first, then we win.

msstate7
03-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Maybe they get that type of win bc their fan base was already enthused. They bought in and rocked that place before Pearl started winning there.
Like Dan said, fans show up first, then we win.

Definitely the fans fault.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 02:15 PM

Fans not showing up definitely plays a big part in us having the worst home atmosphere in the SEC for MBB.

confucius say
03-09-2019, 02:16 PM

Not sure if sarcastic. But a consistently rowdy home environment helps the Home team.

msstate7
03-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Not sure if sarcastic. But a consistently rowdy home environment helps the Home team.

We definitely should do better. I've been to some, but not enough. A great home atmosphere would certainly help. I just don't think you should pin all the shortcomings of this team on the fans.

Did the women get great fan support before or after they were really good?

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 02:25 PM
We definitely should do better. I've been to some, but not enough. A great home atmosphere would certainly help. I just don't think you should pin all the shortcomings of this team on the fans.

Stop it. Nobody is saying 100% of success is dependent on great fan support.

confucius say
03-09-2019, 02:27 PM

All? Of course not. I just said it can make a difference in wining a game.

And our women's fan support def got better before we were really good. No question. That nit team (Vick's second year?) was way better fan support than even fanning's ncaa teams.

Same thing happened with football when dan arrived.

ETA: I really think it is more about students being present, rowdy, and along the Court than your or I being there.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Give Students the bottom 10-15 rows 3/4’s around court and atmosphere will pick up...

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Give Students the bottom 10-15 rows 3/4’s around court and atmosphere will pick up...

Give the entire lower level to local residents with free Chik-Fil-A for anyone that attends a game. Shit make it the entire Hump. Chik-Fil-A gonna be giving out 10,000 free chicken sandwiches a game but we'll be filled to the rafters.