PDA

View Full Version : About those Sophomore Baseball Commits....

BrunswickDawg
03-08-2019, 11:08 PM
About those Sophomore Baseball Commits....

Todd4State
03-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Blaze Jordan is looking really good too.

And those USM commits that we "missed" just went one game above .500 by beating Holy Cross.

Thank goodness we "wasted our time" recruiting JT Ginn as a freshman too.**

Cooterpoot
03-09-2019, 04:51 AM
Show me where people have said not to recruit those kids. Because most people just said a commit from an 8th grader doesn?t carry much weight. Nothing wrong with receruiting them, but (a) they still have to develop & (b) rarely does an 8th grader know what the hell they want to do with their future other than those that are fans of a school. 8th graders shouldn?t be put in a position of having to commit to a school. Has nothing to do with them a good player. It?s the fact an 8th grader is forced to make a life decision because of the current process of recruiting. The same people that thinks it’s good, are the same ones saying a verbal from a jr football player is worthless until signing day. Imagine if football expectations were of an 8th grade commitment. Talk about a crazy recruiting process.

Homedawg
03-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Show me where people have said not to recruit those kids. Because most people just said a commit from an 8th grader doesn?t carry much weight. Nothing wrong with receruiting them, but (a) they still have to develop & (b) rarely does an 8th grader know what the hell they want to do with their future other than those that are fans of a school. 8th graders shouldn?t be put in a position of having to commit to a school. Has nothing to do with them a good player. It?s the fact an 8th grader is forced to make a life decision because of the current process of recruiting. The same people that thinks it’s good, are the same ones saying a verbal from a jr football player is worthless until signing day. Imagine if football expectations were of an 8th grade commitment. Talk about a crazy recruiting process.

Dawg 61 said it's a waste of time. He wants the staff doing something more productive. He's clueless, yes. But nevertheless he said it.

ZedFedder
03-09-2019, 08:43 AM
Getting a commitment from an 8th grader in baseball is a lot different than in football. Much more likely to stick.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Dawg 61 said it's a waste of time. He wants the staff doing something more productive. He's clueless, yes. But nevertheless he said it.

Not only has he said it. He more than double downed on it.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 03:05 PM

I bitched about recruiting middle schoolers and 9th graders. That's were my line was drawn. The tenth grade is after that line. Homiedawg and Todd are bored today.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 03:23 PM
Hi stupid dumbasses. I bitched about recruiting middle schoolers and 9th graders. That's were my line was drawn. The tenth grade is after that line. Dumbasses. Homiedawg and Todd are bored today.

Good to see that you are slowly expanding your horizons.**

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 03:24 PM

Turn on the basketball game dork. Nobody wants to argue stupid middle school baseball recruiting with you and I certainly as 17 don't want to while we are playing a damn basketball game.

Homedawg
03-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Turn on the basketball game dork. Nobody wants to argue stupid middle school baseball recruiting with you and I certainly as 17 don't want to while we are playing a damn basketball game.

Go back to the pack and start another thread that makes you look stupid about driving in the left lane!! Bitching about it and YOU are the dumb ****. Not the other people.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 04:43 PM

And nobody wants to argue it with you when a recruit commits and you hijack their thread.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Go back to the pack and start another thread that makes you look stupid about driving in the left lane!! Bitching about it and YOU are the dumb ****. Not the other people.

And yet by the end of the thread the last two posts not including DS's lock I was correct all along. Boy you really got some chafed ass over me not wanting our baseball coaches to recruit Malcom in the middle schoolers. You gonna recover ever baw or shall I sign you up for a lifetime supply of butt chalk?

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 05:34 PM
And nobody wants to argue it with you when a recruit commits and you hijack their thread.

What is this China's internet? You gonna want no comments about Winnie the Pooh next? Join the bingo club forum already hoss.

Homedawg
03-09-2019, 07:25 PM
And yet by the end of the thread the last two posts not including DS's lock I was correct all along. Boy you really got some chafed ass over me not wanting our baseball coaches to recruit Malcom in the middle schoolers. You gonna recover ever baw or shall I sign you up for a lifetime supply of butt chalk?

You were correct?? Hahahahaha. No not close. Just a dipshit in the way. That's all. And then start a thread about it being a ****. That's wrong!!!

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 07:30 PM
You were correct?? Hahahahaha. No not close. Just a dipshit in the way. That's all. And then start a thread about it being a ****. That's wrong!!!

Bro you bringing a locked SPS thread to this board to argue more. Get a hobby already.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 08:45 PM
What is this China's internet? You gonna want no comments about Winnie the Pooh next? Join the bingo club forum already hoss.

All I'm asking you to do is not trash a recruit when they commit to us because they are an eighth grader or freshmen in a thread where it is announced that they committed to us. That's it. It's not about censorship. It's about class. Something you obviously lack. You are free to have your incorrect opinions in other threads like this one.

Let's run down what he was "correct" about as far as baseball.

1. We shouldn't recruit players before their senior, er…junior...OK sophomore year. Meanwhile recruits that fall outside of that category including JT Ginn, Hayden Jones, Jake Mangum, Keegan James, and on and on are tearing it up and have us in the top 10 right now. Looks like he nailed that to me.

2. Dustin Skelton sucks. Should have heeded those who told him in the preseason that he was improved and that having a coach that was dedicated to catchers was going to help him be better.

3. My personal favorite- we should get "dirtbags" like USM has because we "miss" those players while we are recruiting 8th graders. Yes, the same USM program that Skelton of all people jacked a home run out of the yard on and has lost almost twice as many games to us historically with a fraction of the accomplishments and relies in part on picking up players that leave MSU to achieve their success. The same USM program that we beat two out of three this year and got swept by Gonzaga and lost to UNO. Yes, let's change what we're doing so we can be that.********* Totally nailed that one.******* Guess people that know baseball were right when we said that Cann being checked out was a major reason why we were swept by them last year. Which should shock no one except for Rick Cleveland, USM fans, and 61.

The other hilarious thing about the USM thing is USM would recruit 8th graders- and probably tries to I'm sure especially if it's a Pine Belt prospect- but they can't because they are a baseball mid major and they don't have the clout to land prospects like that on the front end. But luckily for them they get all the dirtbags that we miss!****** Like......well, I can't really think of a player on their team I would rather have right now other than maybe Wallner. But I'm not faulting our coaches for missing on a guy from North Dakota. And if USM thinks that getting our transfers and guys from programs that shut down is sustainable- more power to them.

4. We should recruit players like South Alabama because we "missed" on Travis Swaggerty. Nevermind the fact that Swaggerty is from Baton Rouge or the fact that we actually do keep identifying prospects well beyond their junior high years- see our JUCO recruits as an obvious example of that....or Hunter Renfroe. Saying that we should be like South Alabama is like saying we should be like USM- except worse.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Nobodies reading that novel Todd. I'm well aware you don't like me commenting on 8th graders committing in their announcement thread. You've only said it a dozen times now. We haven't had anymore 8th graders commit since the last time so it's just odd to keep bringing this shit back up. Sorry it's a slow Saturday for ya.

timotheus
03-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Narcisisst 61

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 10:02 PM
Yea not the guy that just wrote a 5,000 word dissertation from a two month old topic. Nope I'm the narcissist. Thanks. Have some rep.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 10:15 PM
Nobodies reading that novel Todd. I'm well aware you don't like me commenting on 8th graders committing in their announcement thread. You've only said it a dozen times now. We haven't had anymore 8th graders commit since the last time so it's just odd to keep bringing this shit back up. Sorry it's a slow Saturday for ya.

To be clear AGAIN.

I don't like you commenting on it when a recruit commits in a thread announcing their commitment because it's classless and a lot of their parents read those threads.

It only gets brought up because you won't admit you were wrong and keep doubling down on the stupid. And we all know that the reason why you won't read my barely over 300 word "novel"- which probably is a novel to someone to someone as dumb as you- is because you can't defend ANY of it.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 10:43 PM
That's your opinion hoss. Mine's different. Demanding someone else admit they are wrong when they have a different opinion from yours is a tad immature bud. The world is full of differing opinions.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 10:51 PM
That's your opinion hoss. Mine's different. Demanding someone else admit they are wrong when they have a different opinion from yours is a tad immature bud. The world is full of differing opinions.

AGAIN. I'm not demanding that you have a "differing opinion". I'm asking you AGAIN to stop calling our recruits "babies" and saying that our coaches don't know what they are doing and that they are stupid for recruiting a player and "wasting their time" in the recruits thread.

And you can have a "differing opinion"- but you look completely idiotic when you have ZERO to back it up while claiming that you are right while in the meantime I have mountains of evidence backing up my "opinion".

Right now your "opinion" on this matter is about like claiming that the Earth is flat as an opinion when all evidence shows that you are incorrect.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 10:52 PM
Lolz Foambat & Skelton your mountain of evidence

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 11:04 PM
Lolz Foambat & Skelton your mountain of evidence

We've only started getting commitments from 8th graders with LA. Skelton was not one of them.

LA- again was a successful player for us who started for three years essentially and got several game winning hits for us including one in Omaha and two against Ole Miss.

Luke Hancock is on our team now and is hitting over .600 and will be a starter for us and has shown good potential so far.

Austin Kelly is a senior in high school and has signed a LOI with us and has hit well over .400 every year in high school while making Dandy Dozen in Mississippi.

Blaze Jordan is a sophomore and is the most talked about sophomore in the country. And yes, there is a chance he comes to MSU.

Then there is Brodey Walker and Cameron Christ who are 8th graders now.

Every one of them has panned out so far.

I would go on and on with the freshmen and sophomores that we have signed in the past but it would be beyond your 200 word level of comprehension.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 11:29 PM
Todd I really don't give a shit. Our baseball team is playing great right now. I'm not gonna go blasting Lemons over some middle schoolers while our current squad is kicking everyone's ass. You and homodawg just keep bringing this topic up. Let it die bud.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 11:33 PM
Todd I really don't give a shit. Our baseball team is playing great right now. I'm not gonna go blasting Lemons over some middle schoolers while our current squad is kicking everyone's ass. You and homodawg just keep bringing this topic up. Let it die bud.

The squad that is made up mostly with players recruited before their junior years?

But I thought you said you were "right"?**

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 11:46 PM
The squad that is made up mostly with players recruited before their junior years?

But I thought you said you were "right"?**

Were you hit in the head with a baseball a lot or something? Before their junior years isn't the same thing as middle schoolers. I've repeatedly said the line for me is before their 10th grade. Even is this thread I repeated that. So obviously you have amnesia or you're Jason Bourne but without any skills. This argument and thread is dumb. Go pour yourself a drink hoss.

Todd4State
03-10-2019, 12:08 AM
Were you hit in the head with a baseball a lot or something? Before their junior years isn't the same thing as middle schoolers. I've repeatedly said the line for me is before their 10th grade. Even is this thread I repeated that. So obviously you have amnesia or you're Jason Bourne but without any skills. This argument and thread is dumb. Go pour yourself a drink hoss.

Which is a change for you from before their senior years. At any rate being less wrong is still wrong.

Dawg61
03-10-2019, 01:03 AM
Which is a change for you from before their senior years. At any rate being less wrong is still wrong.

Cool so you just totally make up shit now.

Todd4State
03-10-2019, 02:03 AM
Cool so you just totally make up shit now.

Cool so you're still wrong either way.

Coursesuper
03-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Yet another thread driven into the ground by a moron, 61 is absolutely the worst. Clueless to the end.

Homedawg
03-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Yet another thread driven into the ground by a moron, 61 is absolutely the worst. Clueless to the end.

That's a fact

Dawg61
03-10-2019, 11:10 AM

The brainless parrot chimes in

Dawg61
03-10-2019, 11:29 AM
That's a fact

What's wrong homedawg? You still upset that two months ago I disagreed with our middle school recruiting strategy and you can't get over it?

timotheus
03-10-2019, 11:42 AM
I get it now. 61 disagrees with recruiting tactics but doesn't donate enough money to change anything and is very happy that the team is excelling with said players. Now, what time does todays baseball game start?

Coursesuper
03-10-2019, 06:00 PM
The brainless parrot chimes in

Bless your heart, and I loved your private message. Pure class brah, pure class.

Dawg61
03-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Bless your heart, and I loved your private message. Pure class brah, pure class.

It wasn't a private message genius. It's called negative rep for being an ass for just throwing yourself into a thread to sling insults.

Coursesuper
03-10-2019, 07:07 PM
It wasn't a private message genius. It's called negative rep for being a bitch by just throwing yourself into a thread to sling insults. Stuff your class with your red hat.

Pure class showing thru and thru brah! You are a true man among men, and I live in fear of your " negative rep comments ". My god I might not sleep tonight, what shall I do.