PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Peters mom on twitter...

drummerdawg
03-08-2019, 07:56 PM
https://twitter.com/lovely_peters/status/1104107623148937216?s=19

dalmuti
03-08-2019, 07:58 PM
all of lamar's haters are just jealous of his strong hairline

tireddawg
03-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Geez...

Lord McBuckethead
03-08-2019, 08:11 PM
Well she has a point. But i would like to see his stat line at any school and see what the fans say. He could easily shut everyone up by doing what he does best. Losers whine about their best, winners **** the prom queen is all I have to say.

Lord McBuckethead
03-08-2019, 08:11 PM
Also, I would like to add, good for her.

CadaverDawg
03-08-2019, 08:14 PM
This is exactly what Lamar's problem is. I'm ready for him and his drama queen momma to be gone. It's a distraction, and if Twitter messes you up THAT bad, you're a weak minded person to begin with and aren't going to make it in the NBA anyway. (Not that he had a chance at that anyway).

I'm sick of the social media whiners. Grow up and play ball and quit making excuses.

Lord McBuckethead
03-08-2019, 08:20 PM
This is exactly what Lamar's problem is. I'm ready for him and his drama queen momma to be gone. It's a distraction, and if Twitter messes you up THAT bad, you're a weak minded person to begin with and aren't going to make it in the NBA anyway. (Not that he had a chance at that anyway).

I'm sick of the social media whiners. Grow up and play ball and quit making excuses.

I will give him this, not a single one of us knows what it is like for 100s or 1000s of people talking shit to you through twitter or message boards.

With that being said, why has he straight sucked for the past 1.5 months? If I see shitty play, I point it out. When I see absolutely fantastic play, I point it out. The issue we all have as fans is that we want to discuss the successes and failures of our team and players. There is zero other way to discuss this crap in a way that isn't specific to the individual player and individual efforts. I want nothing more than Peters to play fantastic and dominate every facet of the game.

msstate7
03-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Probably the only thing sadder than grown people getting into a twitter spat with Lamar peters is grown people begging Lamar peters' mom for peters not to leave. Whatever... if he stays, ok. If he goes, ok. I'm done concerning myself over it

CadaverDawg
03-08-2019, 08:26 PM
I will give him this, not a single one of us knows what it is like for 100s or 1000s of people talking shit to you through twitter or message boards.

With that being said, why has he straight sucked for the past 1.5 months? If I see shitty play, I point it out. When I see absolutely fantastic play, I point it out. The issue we all have as fans is that we want to discuss the successes and failures of our team and players. There is zero other way to discuss this crap in a way that isn't specific to the individual player and individual efforts. I want nothing more than Peters to play fantastic and dominate every facet of the game.

Well said

CadaverDawg
03-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Probably the only thing sadder than grown people getting into a twitter spat with Lamar peters is grown people begging Lamar peters' mom for peters not to leave. Whatever... if he stays, ok. If he goes, ok. I'm done concerning myself over it

Yep

Dawg61
03-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Oh gawd here we go again. Kid plays like shit for the last month and a half and it's suddenly Twitters fault. Bye

Dawg61
03-08-2019, 08:30 PM

Yea maybe tens of people have sent negative messages to Lamar on social media. The rest of it is just him seeking it out to find it. We aren't that popular evidence by our attendance. Lamar is a drama queen raised by a drama queen apparently. Bye

msbulldog
03-08-2019, 08:47 PM

Tell it Cdawg! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

CadaverDawg
03-08-2019, 08:49 PM
We'll never forget you, Lamar*

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/gary-ervin-of-the-mississippi-state-university-bulldogs-passes-the-picture-id50892996?s=612x612

Cooterpoot
03-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Embarrassing when your mama gets involved.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Good for her. We have some of the WORST fans.

Dawg2003
03-08-2019, 09:03 PM
We all know what Twitter is at this point. If you want to Twitter search your name or your kid's name, you know what will happen. Twitter is a toxic waste dump. It's your choice to take part in it.

Dawg2003
03-08-2019, 09:06 PM

The funny thing is that it was a TN fan that said something negative about Lamar, and she probably Twitter searched his name and found it.

HoopsDawg
03-08-2019, 09:07 PM

You post this a lot. I couldn't disagree more. We have some of the best fans in the country. Almost zero bandwagon or side walk fans. Passionate fan base that historically has traveled well and supported all 3 sports. Definitely Football thru a lot of bad times. Best baseball fans in the country. And really supported basketball until Byrne and especially Stricklin killed it.

trob115
03-08-2019, 09:08 PM
When you aren?t mentally strong enough to block out social media, you?ve got Problems.

Hate to break it to his mom, but he?s gonna face that type of criticism anywhere he plays. Some of it is deserved.

Hey here?s a thought Lamar, quit worrying about what everyone thinks and keep your mind on playing basketball and growing as a team.

HoopsDawg
03-08-2019, 09:11 PM
When you aren?t mentally strong enough to block out social media, you?ve got Problems.

Hate to break it to his mom, but he?s gonna face that type of criticism anywhere he plays. Some of it is deserved.

Hey here?s a thought Lamar, quit worrying about what everyone thinks and keep your mind on playing basketball and growing as a team.

And he's on instagram and twitter immediately after games. I mean immediately. Saban would tell him to stay away from the rat poison. Keep your head down and grind.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2019, 09:11 PM
You post this a lot. I couldn't disagree more. We have some of the best fans in the country. Almost zero bandwagon or side walk fans. Passionate fan base that historically has traveled well and supported all 3 sports. Definitely Football thru a lot of bad times. Best baseball fans in the country. And really supported basketball until Byrne and especially Stricklin killed it.

I'm talking about our internet fan base. What gets posted DOES matter. Many things are better left unsaid....and if you HAVE to post them, the tone matters.

HoopsDawg
03-08-2019, 09:13 PM
I'm talking about our internet fan base. What gets posted DOES matter. Many things are better left unsaid....and if you HAVE to post them, the tone matters.

Do you not see the irony that what set her off was actually a tweet from a Vol fan? Not a state fan.

msstate7
03-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Then peters better get out of the sec. The passion that makes this conference great also leads to crazyiness on social media, a lot. Not sure why you guys think we are the only school that does this junk

RezDog7
03-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Oh gawd here we go again. Kid plays like shit for the last month and a half and it's suddenly Twitters fault. Bye

Dude air balled a free throw. I don't need Twitter to tell me he hasn't played well lately.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Do you not see the irony that what set her off was actually a tweet from a Vol fan? Not a state fan.

Do you think it was just that one guy? I've had a fairly close connection with a player at MSU that our internet fans, and many here were among the worst, turned on. It hurts. We just don't know when to shut up.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Then peters better get out of the sec. The passion that makes this conference great also leads to crazyiness on social media, a lot. Not sure why you guys think we are the only school that does this junk

How about trying to be the only one that doesn't?

Doggie_Style
03-08-2019, 09:53 PM

If you choose an endeavor that puts you in the publc spotlight you have to be prepared for the voices of critics...if you can?t take the heat get the hell out the kitchen

msstate7
03-08-2019, 09:54 PM
How about trying to be the only one that doesn't?

Make it your mission to go after all of them on Twitter, Facebook, message boards, etc if you like. I really don't care.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2019, 09:56 PM
If you choose an endeavor that puts you in the publc spotlight you have to be prepared for the voices of critics...if you can?t take the heat get the hell out the kitchen

It sounds like that's what he may do. Y'all just don't get it do you?

viverlibre
03-08-2019, 10:04 PM

Ha, I always say we have the dumbest fans.

Dawg2003
03-08-2019, 10:04 PM
It sounds like that's what he may do. Y'all just don't get it do you?

He was gone anyway. And if Twitter was really the reason he leaves, then it makes a whole lot of sense that this team just isn't mentally tough enough to compete all the time. Regardless, it's time for him to go.

Dawg2003
03-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Do you think it was just that one guy? I've had a fairly close connection with a player at MSU that our internet fans, and many here were among the worst, turned on. It hurts. We just don't know when to shut up.

Social media isn't healthy. It's difficult for those with the best self- esteem. It's also a choice to take part in it.

And also, it's not "us" as a fan base. It's individuals. A very few number of them. Most people aren't even on Twitter. If people think Twitter is real life, they've got deep problems.

DeputyDawg94
03-08-2019, 10:10 PM
If he doesn’t want the public criticism then get out of the public eye. If he comes back to MSU next year I hope he balls the heck out. If the decides to leave then so be it. I refuse to be held hostage by a player. I was an MSU fan a long time before he was born and will be an MSU fan a long time after he is gone.
I really don’t understand what’s up with him. We all know how good he is, why has he regressed so much lately? It’s mind boggling. There have been games where he was unguardable and now he struggles to score.

ZedFedder
03-08-2019, 10:12 PM
The fact that Twitter got to him shows why he is inconsistent on the court.

BiscuitEater
03-08-2019, 10:25 PM

Nope, but you qualify. Will repeat. The average State fan is way more passionate about MSU Basketball than most of the players on the men's team. Stone cold fact.

Gutter Cobreh
03-08-2019, 10:26 PM

Does it still hurt you when people refer to him as Foambat???

I'm still trying to figure out what is worse: taking your frustrations to Twitter or actually following a players mom on Twitter? I'm going with the latter. Why the hell do I care what Lamar's mom thinks, or Q's dad, or Perry's uncle, etc., etc.

ShotgunDawg
03-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Microcosm of the problem with our basketball program. Clown show

DCdawg
03-08-2019, 10:35 PM
The bottom line is when Lamar is good, he's very good. But when he's not, which has been often this year, he displays a lot of immaturity and plays with very little effort. And then to go on Twitter and search for criticism only exacerbates all of those things.

BuckyIsAB****
03-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Agreed. Be a leader. It shows we dont have much in our upperclassmen IMO

Todd4State
03-08-2019, 10:43 PM
If you are God blessed enough to advance this far in the sports world people are going to criticize you. But if you are a player you can either choose to listen to it and respond which isn't going to do anything or you can ignore it and know that "hey, I'm a SEC basketball player and I'm good enough to get this far so who gives a shit about what other fans think?"

You can't airball free throws and expect fans of any school to treat you like Lebron James. That's called arrogance.

Someone at MSU needs to have a talk with our student athletes about social media. I've seen issues from the football team- especially before UK, Peters, and even a little bit from the baseball team around the time we played USM- although at least the baseball team backed it up unlike the other two. Still not a good look and doesn't really do anything except fire up the opponent or in the case of Peters turn off fans that were actually supporting him.

You don't want fans criticizing you- play better and work harder. If people right bad stuff at you- block them on social media.

Liverpooldawg
03-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Lot of bit dogs here.

Cowbell
03-08-2019, 10:56 PM

Stop. Just stop. There are loud-mouth, disrespectful fans at every little league baseball game. You should try living in Dallas and listening to these idiot cowboy fans hating on Dak every. Single. Day. We have an awesome fan base on the average but there are always bad apples.

My mom would tell me to quit getting on Twitter and to understand that criticism comes with the spotlight. It?s one thing if he just had some bad games, but the guy pouts, shows zero leadership ability, gives off bad body language, and then looks to twitter afterwards.

Lord McBuckethead
03-08-2019, 11:46 PM

Well, hope he scores 30 a game from now until he leaves.

Lord McBuckethead
03-08-2019, 11:49 PM
You can't airball free throws and expect fans of any school to treat you like Lebron James. That's called arrogance.

Bingo. CP3 has never airballed a free throw.

msstate7
03-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Well, hope he scores 30 a game from now until he leaves.

If he gives us 12 pts 7 assists from here on, we could be a tough out.

Bothrops
03-09-2019, 12:09 AM
As it turns out, social media is one of the worst things that has happened to America in modern times.

Jarius
03-09-2019, 12:13 AM
Good riddance.

BuckyIsAB****
03-09-2019, 12:18 AM
If you are God blessed enough to advance this far in the sports world people are going to criticize you. But if you are a player you can either choose to listen to it and respond which isn't going to do anything or you can ignore it and know that "hey, I'm a SEC basketball player and I'm good enough to get this far so who gives a shit about what other fans think?"

Someone at MSU needs to have a talk with our student athletes about social media. I've seen issues from the football team- especially before UK, Peters, and even a little bit from the baseball team around the time we played USM- although at least the baseball team backed it up unlike the other two. Still not a good look and doesn't really do anything except fire up the opponent or in the case of Peters turn off fans that were actually supporting him.

You don't want fans criticizing you- play better and work harder. If people right bad stuff at you- block them on social media.

I have learned that the social media all stars usually are the ones who are the weakest mentally

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 12:30 AM
I have learned that the social media all stars usually are the ones who are the weakest mentally

I agree.

I think that if you are truly focused on being the very best at whatever you are it's not going to matter what others say because they're a non-factor. If you're worried about what other people are saying and you are trying to get validation from those people- why are you really doing what you are doing?

DancingRabbit
03-09-2019, 01:41 AM
Good riddance.

That seems a little harsh. He's put in a lot of work. Seems like some serious personal problems or something. Hope he and the team can get some focus and fight on. Nick's absence has put pressure on everybody else.

BhamDawg205
03-09-2019, 02:30 AM
That seems a little harsh. He's put in a lot of work. Seems like some serious personal problems or something. Hope he and the team can get some focus and fight on. Nick's absence has put pressure on everybody else.

What some greats thought about pressure...

"Only the unprepared are overcome by pressure."

-Lou Holtz

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

-Peyton Manning

"Pressure is a privilege - it only comes to those who earn it".

-Billie Jean King

"Pressure can either burst a pipe or make a diamond."

-Robert Horry

Jarius
03-09-2019, 03:32 AM

His mother calling MSU toxic is total crap. Stop actively searching your name on Twitter to find some people who have a problem with your play and acting like the entire school and fan base is a toxic environment because of it. There’s always drama on social media with Lamar Peters. Every single game, good or bad.

Also, to the guy who thinks this is a “bit dog” post, it is not. I don’t talk about him or any other athlete on social media.

MagicDawg
03-09-2019, 03:47 AM
1. That's a Tennessee fan.
2. Yes, some small % of State fans generate a lot of negativity when their team is struggling, and they wrongly lash out at players online.
3. Every school has those fans. Good luck finding a place where a top athlete receives no criticism.
#HailState

Cooterpoot
03-09-2019, 04:43 AM
Lot of bit dogs here.

I only see one- you. Parents can?t get in back and forth bullshit on social media. It?s one of the first things they?re told in the recruiting process. Problem parents cost kids scholarships all the time. Helicopter parents are huge enabablers and part of a kid?s problem. Like when they decide to sleep through a game.

Sparrows2
03-09-2019, 08:06 AM
This is a truly depressing thread about our society.
A ton of people implying that there is a “right” to be cruel if your personal expectations of another are not met.
God didnt give you that “right”, he did give that power though if you wish to exercise it.
Don’t be confused though that he is pleased by the behavior

Cooterpoot
03-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Sparrow with the god troll! +1

Liverpooldawg
03-09-2019, 10:44 AM
I only see one- you. Parents can?t get in back and forth bullshit on social media. It?s one of the first things they?re told in the recruiting process. Problem parents cost kids scholarships all the time. Helicopter parents are huge enabablers and part of a kid?s problem. Like when they decide to sleep through a game.

I see a bunch of people making excuses for trashing one of our own. Bit dogs.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 10:59 AM

Nobody is making excuses for others to trash players. We are saying when it's raining outside you're gonna get wet. If you're a person with sensitive feelings stay the 17 off social media especially if you're a high profile SEC athlete or his momma.

Dawg2003
03-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Twitter is like an abusive relationship. Its toxic, but it's your choice to engage in it. You can't say you don't know what you're getting into. There are tons of people that get a lot more abuse. Nick Fitzgerald for one.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2019, 11:01 AM
A ton of people implying that there is a “right” to be cruel if your personal expectations of another are not met.
God didnt give you that “right”, he did give that power though if you wish to exercise it.

I'd go to your church before I'd go to Preacher Matt's...

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 11:02 AM
As it turns out, social media is one of the worst things that has happened to America in modern times.

I disagree. The psychos and morons willingly show you their true colors now. So much easier to see who people really are when they get some internet courage in them.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Twitter is like an abusive relationship. Its toxic, but it's your choice to engage in it. You can't say you don't know what you're getting into. There are tons of people that get a lot more abuse. Nick Fitzgerald for one.

Again I disagree. Twitter is 100% up to the user on what they see/interact in. It's like a grocery store. If you only buy candy and potato chips you'll eventually start feeling like shit. Follow good accounts and you'll get good info on twitter just like buying good food at the grocery store.

ckDOG
03-09-2019, 11:42 AM
It is possible that trashing kids on Twitter and mommas making blanket conclusions based on it are BOTH wrong.

CadaverDawg
03-09-2019, 11:50 AM
For those wondering why the stands aren't packed for every game.....look no further than Lamar and his mom as examples of who you're spending your time & money on.

Sad thing is, If this guy was putting up Q's Numbers she might have a point, but when you're a 4 Star PG air balling free throws and throwing up stat lines like 0 pts, 5 TOs, 1 assist.....may be best to shhh. "This aint intramurals, brother"

DawgRockur
03-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Lamar and his mom deleted Twitter

MaroonFlounder
03-09-2019, 11:51 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what is worse: taking your frustrations to Twitter or actually following a players mom on Twitter? I'm going with the latter. Why the hell do I care what Lamar's mom thinks, or Q's dad, or Perry's uncle, etc., etc.

Very few MSU fans follow Lamar's mom on Twitter. She only has 90 followers, according to her profile. How many of those are State fans? It showed up on my timeline because one of my followers "liked" it.

CadaverDawg
03-09-2019, 11:54 AM

Good call. Sounds like they were a few days late. I deleted mine a while back...I'm a little late on info now, but it was a good decision for me

Political Hack
03-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Smart. Wish more college and high school athletes would follow suit. I understand they want the exposure, but you're setting yourself up for widespread criticism if you engage on social media. Lamar is one of, if not the, most gifted player (skills) on our team. He just can't play within a system.

Gutter Cobreh
03-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Very few MSU fans follow Lamar's mom on Twitter. She only has 90 followers, according to her profile. How many of those are State fans? It showed up on my timeline because one of my followers "liked" it.

Then I would unfollow whomever liked her post so that it showed up in your feed, but that's just me. See Dawg61's post above referencing Twitter to a grocery store.

Not passing judgement on you with my statement above. I've just had to personally snipe out some folks on social media as the more they shared and the more things they liked, the more I realized we didn't have much in common.

msbulldog
03-09-2019, 12:14 PM
I don't twit and I'm not a twit.

sleepy dawg
03-09-2019, 12:25 PM
I don't like when people publically our down and say harmful things about amateur athletes. And by public ally I mean in channels that them and their families will easily see.... like twitter or Facebook where posts will pop up without you seeking them. Places like here are okay to me bc you have to be seeking this out.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 12:40 PM
I don't like when people publically our down and say harmful things about amateur athletes. And by public ally I mean in channels that them and their families will easily see.... like twitter or Facebook where posts will pop up without you seeking them. Places like here are okay to me bc you have to be seeking this out.

Mute those people and you'll never subject yourself to their moronic tweets again.

gravedigger
03-09-2019, 01:42 PM

That doesn?t excuse people.

Lord McBuckethead
03-09-2019, 01:52 PM
I understand completely where he and his mom are coming from. Bottom line, this isn't intermural, and all you have to do is perform. Every other team in this leagues best players ball out week in and week out. Why not Peters?

Jarius
03-09-2019, 01:58 PM

It does not excuse those people. However, this college has a lot less of those people than most other major programs. Her statement calling out MSU as a toxic environment when the overwhelming majority of fans throw him and his teammates a whole bunch of support is quite frankly bullshit. It would be cool if attendance for games was better, but that is a different conversation.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 02:05 PM

What do you propose should happen then? Report the post if you don't like it, mute/block the person if you don't like them or simply avoid reading through comments. Someone like Lamar Peters doesn't get even .001% the same amount of hate posts on twitter that someone like Russell Westbrook, LeBron James or James Harden does. If they wanna be NBA players they need to start learning how to deal with trolls cause trolls aren't going away.

Todd4State
03-09-2019, 02:56 PM
For those wondering why the stands aren't packed for every game.....look no further than Lamar and his mom as examples of who you're spending your time & money on.

Sad thing is, If this guy was putting up Q's Numbers she might have a point, but when you're a 4 Star PG air balling free throws and throwing up stat lines like 0 pts, 5 TOs, 1 assist.....may be best to shhh. "This aint intramurals, brother"

Exactly. How many women's basketball players act like Lamar on Twitter? Zero.

BeardoMSU
03-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Twitter really does bring out the worst in our society....on both sides of the screen.

Dawg61
03-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Twitter really does bring out the worst in our society....on both sides of the screen.

From the president on down being terrible on twitter is as American as it gets**

SailingDawg
03-09-2019, 03:46 PM
All Peters had to do was perform like he's doing today. 1,000 career points, 21 pts with 5 minutes to go. 5/10 threes.

Lord McBuckethead
03-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Standing 17n ovation when he checked out of the game. Yep, everyone hates him.

MaroonFlounder
03-09-2019, 10:41 PM

So what would you say are the chances of Lamar returning next year?

BeardoMSU
03-09-2019, 10:45 PM
So what would you say are the chances of Lamar returning next year?

People in the know said the chances were pretty much slim before the season even started, which was well before all this twitter stuff. He's obviously not an NBA talent, but he'll make a fine living overseas.

Dawg2003
03-10-2019, 05:37 AM

This proves that Twitter isn't real life. Kids and adults get so sucked into social media though.

gravedigger
03-10-2019, 08:32 AM

Thank you.

?I want to throw punches at you unmercifully, but if you throw them back it shows you are thin skinned?

Jarius
03-10-2019, 09:00 AM
Thank you.

?I want to throw punches at you unmercifully, but if you throw them back it shows you are thin skinned?

No, they are throwing punches back at about 60 thousand people who have supported him for the past three years when a handful have made disparaging remarks. Single out those few people and stop saying the entire fan base has a culture problem.

Cooterpoot
03-10-2019, 09:30 AM

I see facts backing them up. He?s been a distraction multiple times and now his mom his getting involved. I see a kid frustrated with his own performance over his career lashing out and his mom making excuses. He?s slept through games and been on social media complaining a lot. You don?t see that from others on the team and this whole team has been criticized at some point.

gravedigger
03-10-2019, 10:00 AM
No, they are throwing punches back at about 60 thousand people who have supported him for the past three years when a handful have made disparaging remarks. Single out those few people and stop saying the entire fan base has a culture problem.

If you?ve read this board, let alone the others it?s not a few. What?s embarrassing is that people feel so comfortable acting like an attention seeking troll on an MSU fan board.

Jarius
03-10-2019, 11:05 AM
If you?ve read this board, let alone the others it?s not a few. What?s embarrassing is that people feel so comfortable acting like an attention seeking troll on an MSU fan board.

In the grand scheme of the fan base it is an extreme minority who say anything inappropriate to or about him. He just got a standing ovation from thousands of fans just yesterday after his mother told the entire world we have a toxic environment. You can be their lap dog if you want to be. Me and thousands and thousands and thousands of other MSU fans have never said an inappropriate word about him. Also, message board posters pointing out him playing terrible and having a shitty attitude are not and should not be off limits. A lot of people do that in a classy way. Some people do not. It sucks that some people do not. Every fan base has those people and will continue to have them for eternity. We have a lot less than most.

Dawg61
03-10-2019, 11:17 AM

This isn't twitter. Like I said on the first page of this thread. Don't go seeking negative comments about yourself through all avenues of social media. Especially if you're playing like shit. That's like walking around every dark alley in New York till you find the guy that will assault you. Lamar needs to grow some thicker skin. Plain and simple.

timotheus
03-10-2019, 11:30 AM
He and mom are having a hard time. No NBA attention is coming their way and they are struggling with that issue mainly.

basedog
03-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Hope he comes back for another year, with Nick on the outside looking in now, Peters could play an important role. He just needs to mature, I think another year will do him good.

Dawg61
03-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Hope he comes back for another year, with Nick on the outside looking in now, Peters could play an important role. He just needs to mature, I think another year will do him good.

I agree Lamar needs another year and honestly he's not far off from being an NBA type player. Once Lamar figures out how to consistently score from inside the 3 point line he'll be an NBA player. He just can't score at all unless he's hitting 3's. He needs to develop some moves to the basket. James Harden scores 30 a night because he gets himself to the free throw line more than any other player in the league not because he's making 8 3's a night. If Peters could figure out how to drive and finish or get himself to the line he'd be a much more effective player and NBA teams would be more interested.

Jacksondevildog
03-10-2019, 11:53 AM
If he doesn't like criticism on social media, he doesn't need to play professional basketball, especially in the NBA.

basedog
03-10-2019, 11:55 AM
I agree Lamar needs another year and honestly he's not far off from being an NBA type player. Once Lamar figures out how to consistently score from inside the 3 point line he'll be an NBA player. He just can't score at all unless he's hitting 3's. He needs to develop some moves to the basket. James Harden scores 30 a night because he gets himself to the free throw line more than any other player in the league not because he's making 8 3's a night. If Peters could figure out how to drive and finish or get himself to the line he'd be a much more effective player and NBA teams would be more interested.

Oh he can drive to the lane, it's his decision making that gets him in trouble, he has so much ability, if he can just mature as a basketball player on the floor. He actually seems to be a great team player, plays tough defense, not sure we have ever had a player as quick as Peters. Maybe the Aggie game gained his confidence back, dude is fun to watch when he has his game under control.
Btw, he made a steal late in the game under our basket, it was so quick and IF you blinked you would have missed it, I almost did**

Dawg61
03-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Peters has elite quickness off the dribble. He is absolutely an NBA player in that aspect as few on the entire planet including in the NBA can shake a defender better than Lamar. He just has no clue what to do once he beats his man. He'll learn though. Just really needs to do his homework and study some NBA players.

deadheaddawg
03-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Basketball is entertainment. Just like TV and movies. The reason Peters, or anyone, gets a free education or can make a living from basketball is it's entertainment for other people.

Lamar Peter's is playing basketball for us. For our entertainment. That's the only reason any of this exist.

I'm don't love our fans making fun of our players. Using names like foam bat. It I thinks it's very bad taste.

But I also think if you decide to go into entertainment. If you make the decision to get a free education providing entertainment to others, then expect critical reviews.

If Peter's or his mother can't take criticism when they fail to entertain, then they need to find something else to do

Lord McBuckethead
03-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Hell I wish he comes back. But the negative comments are not going to stop. And it will also be anywhere else he wants to transfer. Every player on every power 5 team in the entire country gets folks shit talking both the player and their game. Unfortunately, Peters needs to understand that our enture fanbase is behind him and all our players. We want them all to execute at the highest level and win every game. I support all of our players, even when I point out they suck sometimes.

That's just the way it is. Its alright for a message board, but when people comment on twitter specifically @ their user account, thats bullshit.

HoopsDawg
03-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Hell I wish he comes back. But the negative comments are not going to stop. And it will also be anywhere else he wants to transfer. Every player on every power 5 team in the entire country gets folks shit talking both the player and their game. Unfortunately, Peters needs to understand that our enture fanbase is behind him and all our players. We want them all to execute at the highest level and win every game. I support all of our players, even when I point out they suck sometimes.

That's just the way it is. Its alright for a message board, but when people comment on twitter specifically @ their user account, thats bullshit.

agree, twitter and facebook should be off limits for negative comments about our own.

msstate7
03-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Watching the 30 for 30, I Still Hate Christian Laettner. Could you imagine if Christian had peters' mom? Lol

ScoobaDawg
03-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Guys...let's let it go. She deleted the tweet rather quick, so just move on. Let's enjoy the team the rest of the year. It's post-season play now.