PDA

View Full Version : Jamoral Graham

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 09:23 PM
And here we go...

I bet Buckey just called him. I really wish Graham would stay off twitter helps nothing.

24thOfOctober✊ ‏@D1Prospect_3 1m
State better get on some recruiting
from Philadelphia, MS Reply Retweet Favorite More

24thOfOctober✊ ‏@D1Prospect_3 1m
Ole Miss picking up everybody
from Philadelphia, MS

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Bump

Coach34
10-20-2013, 09:54 PM
We just got Jackson committed- did Graham tweet after he committed and got on board?

Dawg61
10-20-2013, 09:55 PM
I refuse to give 2 shits about twitter recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Not sure, just seems like something Buckey would tell him over the phone.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I refuse to give 2 shits about twitter recruiting.

I agree with you, its just concerning that even our recruits are pulled into this crap.

msstate7
10-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Who's he talking about in philadelphia?

preachermatt83
10-20-2013, 10:06 PM
if there is one recruit that I feel is a lock it is Graham. He is really excited to be coming to Starkville.

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 10:06 PM
hope y'all are ready for a complete meltdown come dec/jan.

Dawg61
10-20-2013, 10:17 PM

Thank gawd the new XboxOne will be out by then. Last night was unBEARable

hacker
10-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Thank gawd the new XboxOne will be out by then. Last night was unBEARable

Man, I can't decide if I want to go PS4 or XboxOne. Been thinking hard about that today.

smootness
10-20-2013, 10:29 PM
There are so many reasons for a kid to tweet anything. Maybe it was a joke, maybe somebody stole his phone for a minute, who knows. But Ole Miss hasn't picked up anybody big in a while; it doesn't make sense that it would be a 'Oh man, Ole Miss is getting commits from everybody!!' tweet.

FlabLoser
10-20-2013, 10:29 PM

I don't know why our boosters don't give a shit about football.

BHildreth3
10-20-2013, 10:35 PM

Yea no shit - if you guys thought the Rebs went all out last year, ju$t wait and see what they will try to get away with now.

chef dixon
10-20-2013, 10:42 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought Ole Miss didn't offer Graham for whatever reason. I realize that sounds like a typical Ole Miss thing to say.

BossDawg
10-20-2013, 10:45 PM

Is it because our boosters don't give a shit? Or is is just because we don't have that many big-money guys? I've always wondered which school has "more".

Either way, I think it's obvious that our boosters really don't give a shit about football and/or are just completely ****in' clueless about how the system works.

Behrdawg
10-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Is it because our boosters don't give a shit? Or is is just because we don't have that many big-money guys? I've always wondered which school has "more".

Either way, I think it's obvious that our boosters really don't give a shit about football and/or are just completely ****in' clueless about how the system works.

This and they are also scared because of what happened in the late 90s. And we have PLENTY of alum that have money- that's not the problem.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't think Graham meant anything by it. Just wish our coaches would put the kibosh on recruits saying things like that on twitter. Not sure if they can though

maroonmania
10-20-2013, 11:05 PM

Apparently we gave a shit enough to get ourselves on probation. For us, if we give a shit we end up with probation with Bracky leading the charge and if we don't give a shit we lose out on recruits to cheatin' bastards who are better at playing the game and have an athletic department willing to turn a blind eye to it.

EnterpriseDawg
10-20-2013, 11:06 PM
I thought graham was from Newton, not Philadelphia.

AlSwearengen
10-20-2013, 11:10 PM
This and they are also scared because of what happened in the late 90s. And we have PLENTY of alum that have money- that's not the problem.

I spoke with a friend who is tight with some of the kids of a cigar boy. I guess they would be considered future cigar boys. Anyway, back during CJ Johnsons recruitment, I basically asked him why our alumni weren't getting involved and attempting to match what olemiss was doing with CJ and his momma. He told me the same exact thing that Behrdawg just said. He said that it scared the shit out of them to have the ncaa (johaningmier's crooked ass) threatening them with all sorts of shit. Not only are they worried about the ncaa, but they are worried that olemiss is setting them up with the ncaa at every turn.

Bottom line is, as a whole, our alumni want to win but they don't have that special something that many of the olemiss boosters have. They haven't spent most of their hours trying to figure out how to get away with crooked shit in every day life. Therefore, being sneaky doesn't come natural to them. For olemiss lawyers, this is kids play to them.

FlabLoser
10-20-2013, 11:10 PM

Scared? What the ****. It is worse to croot like Croom than to be worried about probation.

Recruit like Croom = suck ass for certain

Croot with rest of the SEC = compete and worst case is get caught, got on probation, and have the results of crootin like Croom.

So go the LT route and be assured of sucking ass, or actually try to croot with all the upside in the world. This is a no brainer.

EnterpriseDawg
10-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Or we could just get a compliance office that is worth a ****.

mic
10-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Or we could just get a compliance office that is worth a ****.

This^^^^^^^^

RougeDawg
10-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Newton and Philly people routinely hang out together. It's the same bulllshit that happened with CJ. The same people on Philly attempt to buy away any recruit that we may have in the surrounding area that they can approach.

BeastMan
10-20-2013, 11:40 PM
If y'all are gonna start a thread about a tweet you don't like, make sure a post his follow up tweet as well. This is why tweets don't bother me one way or the other

BossDawg
10-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Ithey are worried that olemiss is setting them up with the ncaa at every turn.

Why the hell can't our boosters set their asses up? Can't two play at this game?

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
10-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Yeah he is. I work with a mom of a Newton Co. player - he's excited about being a dawg. One thing that I did hear recently - he opted to have surgery on a broken finger and will miss the rest of the year, and apparently their coaches weren't thrilled about that. Not sure if it's something he could have played through and had fixed after the season or not, but just heard the coaches weren't too happy about it. It was broken in 2 places though, and a WR/DB would have a lot more trouble with a broken finger than most positions.

Dawg61
10-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Getting ready for next year

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Recruit like Croom = suck ass for certain

Say what you want about Croom, and I would say plenty - but he had figured it out by his last season.

If you look at the class he gift wrapped for Mullen when he arrived - it was one of the most talented classes in our history.

Mullen has to start hitting the Jucos harder and has to figure out a pipeline from another state that works.

If a coach like Larry Porter gets fired at Texas after this year, we need to be his first damn call.

Coach34
10-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Say what you want about Croom, and I would say plenty - but he had figured it out by his last season.

If you look at the class he gift wrapped for Mullen when he arrived - it was one of the most talented classes in our history.

had we not fired Croom, we would have lost Bumphis and a couple of others

smootness
10-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Bumphis wasn't one of the ones Croom was bringing in. Mullen is the reason he came to State. But the others, like Russell, Cox, Boyd, Banks, etc. were all already committed.

We may have lost some due to the year we had, but that doesn't really reflect poorly on Croom's recruiting. It still backs up the point that even with somebody like Croom, you can recruit well given that you're having success on the field.

Most of the talk about our compliance department and boosters is excuse-making. The reason we're not recruiting better is because we're not recruiting better, plain and simple.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 09:19 AM
had we not fired Croom, we would have lost Bumphis and a couple of others

We didn't have Bumphis when Croom left, Mullen got him on his own and it was his best get that year.

I know its fashionable to say Croom was going to lose everyone worth a damn that he had committed - but the past has shown that very rarely do players decommit over a terrible season. Jackie didn't lose players after the train wreck of a 2001 or 2002 season.

The bottom line is that Mullen needs to have another 2009 recruiting class - and right damn now.

Also, this talk of our boosters not stepping up is just crap - several have stepped up, the problem is that I think Mullen's view of what is attainable is flawed.

We all laughed (I know I did) when the bears went after Treadwell and Tunsil. At the end of the day - they got them. Now there is another 4/5 star at Treadwell's high school that apparently the bears have a shot at. Sure they may miss on 90% of these out of state kids, but they are selling the idea of the SEC to these kids from the big 10 and TX and its going to work on enough kids to make an impact.

If we don't think we can become an Oregon or a Clemson type program then what are we doing? The biggest thing going for us right now is the SEC brand, and its a national brand - and we have to start recruiting further away from home - because chopping up all the in-state talent and then signing kids that LSU/AU/BAMA don't want isn't a recipe for success. Its a recipe for 5-7 wins.

Op4isabitch
10-21-2013, 09:23 AM
I agree with the poster that mentioned Larry Porter. What we need is a great lead recruiter and a TOTAL overhaul of the compliance department. Oh yeah and I must make the obligatory, better on field coaching comment.

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd say the 2012 class is better than the 2009. You can probably find more contributors from the 12' class than you can the 09' class even though they are only sophomores & RS Freshmen.

we need some more two and three stars like Banks, Smith, Gabe, Clayton, etc... too.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 09:45 AM
I'd say the 2012 class is better than the 2009. You can probably find more contributors from the 12' class than you can the 09' class even though they are only sophomores & RS Freshmen.

we need some more two and three stars like Banks, Smith, Gabe, Clayton, etc... too.

Contributors don't win games, playmakers win games.

The 2009 class was full of them. Chris White, McPhee, Cox, Banks, Lawrence, and Bumphis - these guys are difference makers. Now the 2012 may have those type of guys in the class, but to me the difference makers on defense are Chris Jones and Matt Wells. On offense Jameon Lewis and at times Dak.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 10:00 AM

The 2009 class was full of them. Chris White, McPhee, Cox, Banks, Lawrence, and Bumphis - these guys are difference makers. Now the 2012 may have those type of guys in the class, but to me the difference makers on defense are Chris Jones and Matt Wells. On offense Jameon Lewis and at times Dak.

Preston smith is better than Chris jones right now. He won't be next season, but he is now. Preston makes us a much better defense when he plays

camsu
10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes and huge yes on Preston Smith. Kid is playing great and best DL we have at this point.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 11:27 AM
If y'all are gonna start a thread about a tweet you don't like, make sure a post his follow up tweet as well. This is why tweets don't bother me one way or the other

What was his follow up tweet, BeastMan?

BeastMan
10-21-2013, 11:31 AM
What was his follow up tweet, BeastMan?

Something to the effect "Im 100% bulldog though hailstate, etc... blah blah"

Thats why I don't worry about what a teenager says on twitter. Complete 180's in a matter of minutes

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 11:41 AM

I'm not going to 100% disagree, but to ignore the depth of a class or a team as a contributing factor is just plain wrong. Also, if you look at just the high a cool players in those two classes it's not even close.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Something to the effect "Im 100% bulldog though hailstate, etc... blah blah"

Thats why I don't worry about what a teenager says on twitter. Complete 180's in a matter of minutes

I wasn't the least bit worried about Graham and the bears, to me it goes back to them winning the PR battle (Is it really a battle at this point?) and establishing themselves as the 'team on the rise' and being an option for players that they have no reasonable reason to get.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm not going to 100% disagree, but to ignore the depth of a class or a team as a contributing factor is just plain wrong. Also, if you look at just the high a cool players in those two classes it's not even close.

Im looking and we are a long way from knowing much about that class. Redmond has played in one game. James is more known for eating snacks in the junction as opposed to doing anything on the field. Quay has yet to show me anything. The best guys on the class are Richie, B Brown, AJ, and Jiles. Im not sure any are sure first NFL draft picks either. Good players? Sure they look the part, but certainly not guys like Cox, Banks, BUmphis or BOyd all of whom were huge contributors to our 2010 and 2011 teams.

In looking at the 2012 class, I get a little worried to be honest. Lots of depth, but very little star power at least so far on the field.

'Merica Dawg
10-21-2013, 12:33 PM

Seal & Howard families..