PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh LSU, Will Wade, and Smart...

BeastMan
03-07-2019, 01:28 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-wiretap-reveals-lsu-coach-will-wade-discussed-recruiting-offer-hoops-scandal-middleman-175046487.html

Wade caught on FBI wiretap discussing offer to Smart. Ruh roh shaggy

Political Hack
03-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Not gonna end well...

He'd have been suspended indefinitely before the call to Aleva was over if he was at MSU.

Jack Lambert
03-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Is this guy still coaching?

Political Hack
03-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Probably not for long...

MarketingBully
03-07-2019, 04:32 PM
They paid Smart, Williams, and Reid. It’s going to unravel soon.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Couldn't happen to a better bunch. I have no sympathy for that bunch in baton rouge.

shannondawg
03-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Have to admit, i pulled for them against the gators. Thats what I think about that bunch.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch. I have no sympathy for that bunch in baton rouge.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Have to admit, i pulled for them against the gators. Thats what I think about that bunch.

I did too but I don't like either one lol

shannondawg
03-07-2019, 05:18 PM
I just got an alert that Wade has addressed the issue from CBS Sports but can't find it.

Jack Lambert
03-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Not gonna end well...

Before prison 0

After prison O

Tripp McNeely
03-07-2019, 06:38 PM
I just got an alert that Wade has addressed the issue from CBS Sports but can't find it.

He just said that he hasn’t read the story...you didn’t miss anything. He’ll get hammered this weekend though.

Garry Parrish thinks he’s done...soon!

bobtail bob
03-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Good. He fits right in with the rest of the back stabbing, stealing, lying louisiana trash down here. I hope the wife beating drunk that is Coach O gets them in trouble too

BiscuitEater
03-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Probably not for long...

Phone calls were recorded in 2017! FBI has had this for ~2 years.

Maroonthirteen
03-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Phone calls were recorded in 2017! FBI has had this for ~2 years.

An investigation takes time. Then the findings of the investigation has to make its way through the US Attorneys office.... indictment. And so on. These Things take time.

basedog
03-07-2019, 08:57 PM
Talked to my Lsu buddy, said timing sucks and things FBI isn't after Wade. We shall see.

Tripp McNeely
03-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Talked to my Lsu buddy, said timing sucks and things FBI isn't after Wade. We shall see.

He’s right...the FBI isn’t...but the NCAA is sho’ gonna be after those wire taps are released!!

Political Hack
03-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Good. He fits right in with the rest of the back stabbing, stealing, lying louisiana trash down here. I hope the wife beating drunk that is Coach O gets them in trouble too

How do you really feel?

somebodyshotmypaw
03-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Not gonna end well...

He'd have been suspended indefinitely before the call to Aleva was over if he was at MSU.

Then MSU would be doing it right. LSU should suspend the coach immediately. But they won't.

basedog
03-07-2019, 09:14 PM
He’s right...the FBI isn’t...but the NCAA is sho’ gonna be after those wire taps are released!!

Yep and just think how long it will take the Ncca. I do think Lsu will make run and will be a very dangerous tourney team. They've won so many close games and that will help, also I think Wade is a good Coach but no doubt dirty. Same to be young with potential that may cost him a college career. When u mess with fire it can be dangerous.

Political Hack
03-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Then MSU would be doing it right. LSU should suspend the coach immediately. But they won't.

Hard to argue with that.

Schultzy
03-07-2019, 09:30 PM
He registered way high on the slimeballdar in person at the Hump

Political Hack
03-07-2019, 10:11 PM
He registered way high on the slimeballdar in person at the Hump

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

MarketingBully
03-08-2019, 02:54 AM

Will Wade has been in the NCAA cross hairs since he?s been at LSU from VCU in how he recruited Waters. If they play these wiretaps in April and Will Wade says the things that are in Schlabach?s article, he?s done coaching. Remember, he stated in the fall that he hadn?t talked to Dawkins and had never discussed anything financial with him. He?s a slimeball scumbag who imo is worse then Coach Cal. He bought Reid, Waters, Williams, and now it looks like he bought Smart we well. At the very least LSU needs to hold Smart out. It?s pretty clear that they can?t deny Smart was paid. His coach is on wiretaps stating he was paid and Smart ended up at LSU. The NCAA has Wade dead to rights and LSU should be thinking of protecting itself and not a scumbag coach.

basedog
03-08-2019, 07:54 AM
Will Wade has been in the NCAA cross hairs since he?s been at LSU from VCU in how he recruited Waters. If they play these wiretaps in April and Will Wade says the things that are in Schlabach?s article, he?s done coaching. Remember, he stated in the fall that he hadn?t talked to Dawkins and had never discussed anything financial with him. He?s a slimeball scumbag who imo is worse then Coach Cal. He bought Reid, Waters, Williams, and now it looks like he bought Smart we well. At the very least LSU needs to hold Smart out. It?s pretty clear that they can?t deny Smart was paid. His coach is on wiretaps stating he was paid and Smart ended up at LSU. The NCAA has Wade dead to rights and LSU should be thinking of protecting itself and not a scumbag coach.

Oh I agree, at every University across the country, when a team or Coach has been caught or thought to be cheating, message board folks at that school will pretty much defend their team or Coach.

As slow as the Ncaa is, it may be a while before all this unfolds. I'm betting Lsu will be all in and nothing changes for the reminder of this year.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Oh I agree, at every University across the country, when a team or Coach has been caught or thought to be cheating, message board folks at that school will pretty much defend their team or Coach.

And that's the problem. Nobody cares about integrity, honesty, accountability these days. It's all about winning. Hell, there are Penn State football fans that are mad that Sandusky got caught.

I wish coaches who got caught cheating would be banned from their NCAA sport for life. My opinion.

Political Hack
03-08-2019, 09:45 AM
And that's the problem. Nobody cares about integrity, honesty, accountability these days. It's all about winning. Hell, there are Penn State football fans that are mad that Sandusky got caught.

I wish coaches who got caught cheating would be banned from their NCAA sport for life. My opinion.

That's a slippery slope that I don't think is enforceable. Lots of he said /she said 99% of the time and the ncaa doesn't do a great deal of work to validate their findings. They don't corroborate information or even fact check their final reports. Their reports are actually pretty terrible from a factual/reliability standpoint.

Lord McBuckethead
03-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Glad this dude isn't Howland.
Basketball is seriously in need of a culture change at every team in the country.
1 and done needs to be dropped.
If you come to college, you play 3 years.
If you don't want to come to college, then go do D league or international.

Time for the money to stop. Time for basketball to have more day to day competition, level playing field.

Lord McBuckethead
03-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Yep. And an extra year of eligibility to any player that turns over the coach with video proof. I mean, what if the NCAA could give 50k to a player that has video or audio proof of improper benefits directly from a coach? Pay for play if the NCAA is payin the money. That would be interesting.

fishwater99
03-08-2019, 02:04 PM
LSU won't do anything with Wade until the NCAA forces them, see Ole Miss..

ShotgunDawg
03-08-2019, 02:15 PM
LSU just suspended him.

I'm just tired of college basketball. Will Wade will be made out to be a bad guy, but in reality he only did what the system promotes & what anyone who wants a long career in that sport have to do.

What did Duke pay Zion? RJ?

What has Calipari gotten away with?

The entire sport is a cess pool of shit. Will Wade will be fired & replaced by someone either at LSU or another school that is doing the exact same thing.

The only pure college sport is baseball & that's mostly only because it's so damn hard to evaluate baseball players at a young age & because the "5*" types are skimmed off the top by the MLB draft

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1KKWagWwAE4VEM.jpg:large

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Will might wanna go ahead and be updating his resume. Looks like his days on the Bayou are over.

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2019, 02:19 PM

He may be a slimeball scumbag.....but at least he knows which one's to buy. Every player you mention is an absolute stud.

ShotgunDawg
03-08-2019, 02:21 PM
He may be a slimeball scumbag.....but at least he knows which one's to buy. Every player you mention is an absolute stud.

Every successful coach in that sport & football are scumbags. Horrible system

BeastMan
03-08-2019, 02:25 PM
If he’s done you have to expect Smart to get shut down too

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Every successful coach in that sport & football are scumbags. Horrible system

Exactly. Just have to find the successful scumbags that you can handle. We're in the SEC, if you're not getting better, you're getting passed by someone who's gonna do what it takes to get better

It's like the old Ron Meyer quote, "Show me a successful program, I'll show you a program that cheats."

somebodyshotmypaw
03-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Exactly. Just have to find the successful scumbags that you can handle. We're in the SEC, if you're not getting better, you're getting passed by someone who's gonna do what it takes to get better

It's like the old Ron Meyer quote, "Show me a successful program, I'll show you a program that cheats."

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but that disgusts me. I don't want to cheat. I don't think fans, administrators, and schools should tolerate it. Period. I don't tolerate it at the business I run. Honesty and integrity matter to me. All day and every day. I would rather go 0-12 and follow the rules in football, than go 12-0 and cheat. And I'm certainly in the minority on this.

ShotgunDawg
03-08-2019, 02:48 PM
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but that disgusts me. I don't want to cheat. I don't think fans, administrators, and schools should tolerate it. Period. I don't tolerate it at the business I run. Honesty and integrity matter to me. All day and every day. I would rather go 0-12 and follow the rules in football, than go 12-0 and cheat. And I'm certainly in the minority on this.

I don't think Will Wade wanted to cheat either, but when you attach million dollars salaries to basically your ability to recruit, then it's a system that encourages it.

I don't blame you for your opinion, but MSU would massively suffer financially with your model due to extreme losing.

It's sucks. It sucks for everyone, even the cheaters.

I seen it dawg
03-08-2019, 02:55 PM
Not gonna end well...

Shit we would have shut down all sports and put Greek life on probation.

chef dixon
03-08-2019, 03:23 PM
I never thought I'd see it, but LSU fans are making Ole Miss fans look reasonable at this point

basedog
03-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Sec fans are gonna always be defensive of there teams.

Young Assistant basketball Coaches are easy targets for boosters or alumni. Wade was holding the bag given to him from a booster.

msstate7
03-08-2019, 03:33 PM

I don't have a problem with a kid getting something extra (car, cash, etc). I'm totally against prostitutes and going totally crazy like moving families in to town

chef dixon
03-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Sec fans are gonna always be defensive of there teams.

Young Assistant basketball Coaches are easy targets for boosters or alumni. Wade was holding the bag given to him from a booster.

I get it, but if it came out that our coach was on a wire tap talking about paying recruits, I'd probably just be ready to prepare thy anus.

basedog
03-08-2019, 03:38 PM
I get it, but if it came out that our coach was on a wire tap talking about paying recruits, I'd probably just be ready to prepare thy anus.

I'm not for cheating period. U can't just give cars or cash and think it's ok. Second even if it was legal, the "rich" will always get more and have more.

Recreationalgynecologist
03-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Cheating and skirting the rules in athletics always stems from a culture that allows it. So far, there hasn't much in the way to dissuade such behavior from the NCAA. Vacating losses means nothing in today's world. You still get the name recognition and adulation and that is all important to recruiting. Schools do not have to return increased gate receipts, increased sales in licensed merchandise and so on. Many schools have parlayed sustained athletic success into increasing the visibility of the school, attracting more student applications, overall donor giving and increased prestige overall.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Not gonna end well...

We?re an Adidas school. I hope we?re being proactive and are doing our due deligence.

bobtail bob
03-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Where did wade get the money to pay these players ? Out his own pocket ?
Squeaky clean LSU, does it the right way. Yea right. I hope they nuke all their athletics to the ground

Ari Gold
03-09-2019, 10:58 AM
I told everyone this guys was a POS scum bag.
When the current HC at school told me he was the dirtiest coach in the SEC and one of the dirtiest overall that’s all I needed to know about that cat.

TUSK
03-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Flea'd from tRant:

http://i.imgur.com/XU5ARWn.gif

BiscuitEater
03-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Phone calls were recorded in 2017! FBI has had this for ~2 years .

Apparently, Wade lied to LSU leadership too..

University leaders spoke to Wade about the matter earlier this year following initial reports linking him to the FBI probe, and he assured them that what had already been made public represented the full extent of his involvement. Sources confirm that Wade, under advice of counsel, refused to discuss the situation with LSU officials this morning, which prompted the school to suspend him indefinitely.

Mobile Bay
03-09-2019, 05:24 PM
He has nothing to worry about, Auburn will hire him.

MarketingBully
03-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Apparently, Wade lied to LSU leadership too..

University leaders spoke to Wade about the matter earlier this year following initial reports linking him to the FBI probe, and he assured them that what had already been made public represented the full extent of his involvement. Sources confirm that Wade, under advice of counsel, refused to discuss the situation with LSU officials this morning, which prompted the school to suspend him indefinitely.

Yep, he lied to LSU officials last fall about it probably thinking the wiretaps wouldn’t be leaked. Remember, he gave some weird explanation at SEC media day and said he had no financial involvement with Dawkins. LSU should have done their due deligence rather then just taking this POS word for it. It would shock me if this season isn’t nullified. I know they have at least paid 3 different players on this current roster. Add the fact that the NCAA already had a hard on for Wade coming out of VCU and I doubt Wade coaches in college basketball again. Maybe LSU should have gone with someone different entirely instead of this guy. Talk about not doing your homework one bit.

I seen it dawg
03-09-2019, 06:01 PM
LSU AD may be the worst in the business. And that's saying something.

MarketingBully
03-09-2019, 06:03 PM
We?re an Adidas school. I hope we?re being proactive and are doing our due deligence.

We have. We aren’t involved in any of the FBI shit.

SaintDawg
03-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Cheating and skirting the rules in athletics always stems from a culture that allows it. So far, there hasn't much in the way to dissuade such behavior from the NCAA. Vacating losses means nothing in today's world. You still get the name recognition and adulation and that is all important to recruiting. Schools do not have to return increased gate receipts, increased sales in licensed merchandise and so on. Many schools have parlayed sustained athletic success into increasing the visibility of the school, attracting more student applications, overall donor giving and increased prestige overall.

No such thing as bad press or publicity anymore. Limp wristed NCAA won't do anything to anyone any more because it slows the money train. When you get busted for paying players in any sport now, it's free advertising say go play where the money is.

DancingRabbit
03-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Ron Higgins is doing his best Steven Godfrey impersonation defending Wade.

"Everybody else is doing it too." Check.

"It's way past time for these players to get paid. Schools are making millions." Check.

Higgins is killing the Pres and AD, but I don't think they had any choice but to suspend Wade. Especially when he refused to meet with Alleva.

https://lsu.rivals.com/news/joe-alleva-and-king-alexander-shove-will-wade-so-he-can-walk-the-plank

MarketingBully
03-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Ron Higgins is doing his best Steven Godfrey impersonation defending Wade.

"Everybody else is doing it too." Check.

"It's way past time for these players to get paid. Schools are making millions." Check.

Higgins is killing the Pres and AD, but I don't think they had any choice but to suspend Wade. Especially when he refused to meet with Alleva.

https://lsu.rivals.com/news/joe-alleva-and-king-alexander-shove-will-wade-so-he-can-walk-the-plank

So LSU wasn’t supposed to suspend Wade when he flat out lied to them and then refused to talk when they wanted to get to the bottom of this wiretap story? That’s the dumbest shit I have ever heard. I do think LSU should have done their due diligence rather then just take Wade’s word for it. Now we are in the embarrassing situation of the SEC having to nullify this season when LSU won it when if LSU had done their due diligence Wade would have been fired before the season started. Arizona is going to go through the same thing. Deandre Ayton was paid and both Miller and Wade will never coach college basketball again.