PDA

View Full Version : New bowl tie-ins for 2020.

Leroy Jenkins
03-06-2019, 10:26 AM
SEC / ACC both top the list with 11.

https://watchstadium.com/news/college-football-bowl-game-changes-to-begin-in-2020-03-05-2019/

Jack Lambert
03-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Finally got a Pac 12 tie in with the SEC. That will be a good trip if State goes to it. I guess it will be played in the new Raiders Stadium?

Tbonewannabe
03-06-2019, 11:13 AM
I wonder what the payout will be. It will be interesting to see where it falls in the bowl pecking order.

Political Hack
03-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Gator bowl got better. Music City probably did too. Middle of the pack ACC schools don't travel.

Vegas Bowl is a big winner in this shuffle too.

ScoobaDawg
03-06-2019, 11:44 AM
The Las Vegas Bowl
In 2020, the Las Vegas Bowl moves from UNLV’s Sam Boyd Stadium to the new Las Vegas NFL stadium. In the course of the six-year deal, the SEC and Big Ten will each make three appearances against the Pac-12 in the Las Vegas Bowl. It’s expected to be either the third or fourth Pac-12 team after the Rose and Alamo Bowls are filled. It’s unknown what selection the SEC and Big Ten would send from their respective conference.
This will mark the first Pac-12 and SEC non-playoff bowl matchup since the 1989 Freedom Bowl. The Pac-12 currently plays bowl games against each of the Power 5 conferences except for the SEC. The two conferences have played in only nine non-College Football Playoff/New Year’s 6 bowls.

Jarius
03-06-2019, 12:04 PM
I love this. Going to the same bowl cities every year gets boring (who would have thought MSU fans would ever say this?). I wish they would do more swapping around every few years. Bowl attendance is already terrible. At least people would get to see some new venues and cities.

Tbonewannabe
03-06-2019, 12:33 PM
I love this. Going to the same bowl cities every year gets boring (who would have thought MSU fans would ever say this?). I wish they would do more swapping around every few years. Bowl attendance is already terrible. At least people would get to see some new venues and cities.

Pretty much why I haven't went back to the Gator Bowl. They need to at least make it 4 or so years between trips.

sleepy dawg
03-06-2019, 12:40 PM

I wish they would pair up by the playoff rankings and get rid of tie ins. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8. etc. all the way down to 23 vs 24.

Political Hack
03-06-2019, 01:02 PM
Vegas, Music City, Chick-fil-a, or Sugar. Maybe Belk. Those are the bowls I'll consider going to. Don't have much of an interest in the others or the locations isn't suitable.

crackerjax
03-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Vegas, Music City, Chick-fil-a, or Sugar. Maybe Belk. Those are the bowls I'll consider going to. Don't have much of an interest in the others or the locations isn't suitable.

You must not have gone to the Outback Bowl. Hard to beat 80 degrees, beaches, and football around New Years. I?d go back to the Outback in a heartbeat.

sleepy dawg
03-06-2019, 02:30 PM
You must not have gone to the Outback Bowl. Hard to beat 80 degrees, beaches, and football around New Years. I?d go back to the Outback in a heartbeat.

Likewise. It was a great trip.

Tbonewannabe
03-06-2019, 03:39 PM

Kicking myself that I couldn't work it out to go this year. That is the only bowl location that I haven't been to besides St. Petersburg bowl in 2016. I haven't gone back to the Gator since 2010 or the Liberty Bowl since 2007.

Bothrops
03-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Vegas will be a big hit with SEC fanbases for a long time.

Todd4State
03-06-2019, 11:00 PM
I can already see:

From Starkvegas to Las Vegas.

Political Hack
03-06-2019, 11:24 PM

I've heard it's great. Cool stadium too. But if I'm getting on a plane, I'm going to Vegas.

Jack Lambert
03-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Kicking myself that I couldn't work it out to go this year. That is the only bowl location that I haven't been to besides St. Petersburg bowl in 2016. I haven't gone back to the Gator since 2010 or the Liberty Bowl since 2007.

I was there. The nights leading up to the game were exciting and fun. Going to beach and checking out the leg was fun. Sitting in that hot ass stadium, sweating my ass off, watching the shit show was not fun. That is a cool stadium though.