PDA

View Full Version : MSU Former Diamond Dogs on MLB.com top 30 prospect lists

Todd4State
03-06-2019, 02:02 AM
We had eight former diamond dawgs make this list. The top 30 prospect lists for each team are the players that are most likely to make it to MLB at some point.

The eight are:

Dakota Hudson- will likely graduate from this list as I expect him to spend some time with the Cardinals

Zac Houston- will likely be a relief pitcher for the Tigers and has a very good chance of making it to MLB this year.

Reid Humphreys- Finished the year in AA and my guess is he will start the year there too. He's a relief pitcher.

Konnor Pilkington- Probably will start in A ball for the White Sox.

Jack Kruger- New to this list I think he will start out in AAA most likely but AA is also possible. Could make it to MLB with a strong season.

Nate Lowe- Probably will be the Rays first baseman by the end of the year and is their first baseman of the future.

Jacob Robson- Probably starts in AAA and will probably make it this year with a strong season. Probably will project as a fourth OF/pinch hit/pinch run guy.

Brent Rooker- Probably will start out in AAA with the Twins and will likely make it up this year. Is one of the top prospects in MLB along with Lowe. Twins are using him as an OF but I think 1B is his best position personally.

Ole Miss by my count has three former players and USM had one.

Dawg61
03-06-2019, 07:34 AM
No doubt the Twins love Rooker and he's a phenomenal talent but it is going to be difficult for him to crack into the starting OF for the Twins for awhile. They have a lot of talent in the OF and it's young talent too. He might need them to eventually trade someone to become a every day starting OF for the Twins. Maybe you're right in that his future will be mixing between 1b/OF and DHing some too.

ShotgunDawg
03-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Where is JT Ginn?*

Tbonewannabe
03-07-2019, 10:05 AM
No doubt the Twins love Rooker and he's a phenomenal talent but it is going to be difficult for him to crack into the starting OF for the Twins for awhile. They have a lot of talent in the OF and it's young talent too. He might need them to eventually trade someone to become a every day starting OF for the Twins. Maybe you're right in that his future will be mixing between 1b/OF and DHing some too.

I am to the point that I think NL should have the DH just because it gets another bat in the lineup. I think Rooker gets in the lineup at some point because he is a great hitter and sneaky fast. Can the Braves get him for RF now please?

ScoobaDawg
03-07-2019, 11:03 AM
It's a great problem to have.. but I can't keep up where all our former plays are at in the system. Do we have any in the Texas League or might move up to it this year?

Homedawg
03-07-2019, 11:05 AM
It's a great problem to have.. but I can't keep up where all our former plays are at in the system. Do we have any in the Texas League or might move up to it this year?

Wait until they get assigned and hail state will have where they are which keeps you from having to look everywhere for every player.

ScoobaDawg
03-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Wait until they get assigned and hail state will have where they are which keeps you from having to look everywhere for every player.
That's true.. I forgot we did that now. Used to always rely on The old dawgs report from Boyd. But he doesn't do it anymore.

ScoobaDawg
03-14-2019, 11:59 AM
Detroit just sent Zac Houston down.