PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys know that this weekend was fall break?

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 08:21 PM
How hard would it have been for the university to have fall break this weekend when we were off?

Is this a lack of foresight by our athletic department or university yet again?

Why would we ever schedule fall break the weekend of a home football game?

Doesn't the university have control over the date of fall break?

Coach34
10-20-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Fall Break was scheduled before the Thursday night game decision was made.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Fall Break was scheduled before the Thursday night game decision was made.

Can it not be changed? The Thursday night game was scheduled in the Summer, or is this the reason we are having a Thursday night game? Hoping students would stick around for it while they may go home if the game was on the weekend?

Coach34
10-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Fall Break is scheduled at least a year in advance- probably longer

Bucky Dog
10-20-2013, 08:49 PM
It was fall break at UT last weekend and they had 101,000 at the game. Come on MSU students, surprise me and show the hell up Thursday night! Remember there will be no class to have to wake up and go to!

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 08:53 PM
I have to keep in mind that our students DO show up for the games, they just leave early. Most every game, to my knowledge, the student section has been packed out in the first quarter

Behrdawg
10-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Everything has to be approved by the State college board. Plus, as C34 said- fall break was scheduled a long time before the game time was decided

slickdawg
10-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks LT you bastard

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 10:28 PM
So maybe the question should be why did we schedule a Thursday night game the week of Fall Break?

BulldogDX55
10-20-2013, 10:32 PM
So maybe the question should be why did we schedule a Thursday night game the week of Fall Break?

I'm pretty sure we don't make that decision.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 10:37 PM

I going to give our admin the benefit of the doubt on this one. A Thursday game during fall break actually makes more sense than a Saturday game. The kids are more likely to stay, right?

chef dixon
10-20-2013, 10:47 PM
This, in all honesty, might sway ~300 students. The ones that like to go to the games probably won't miss it.

bluelightstar
10-20-2013, 10:50 PM
From what I've heard, it's not going to be very well-attended.

bully99
10-20-2013, 10:52 PM
What is this fall break stuff. When I was there we got 2 days at Thanksgiving, now they get fall break, a week at Thanksgiving and whatever else. Do you people ever go to school?

Will James
10-20-2013, 10:58 PM

Sounds about right.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 11:01 PM

How have you heard this? Do you have a pulse on the MSU student section?

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 11:03 PM
My question is, if fall breaks are scheduled so early, couldn't the SEC schedule makers just make sure that SEC home games were not on the same weekend of the home team's fall break?

Doesn't seem like it would to difficult to do this.

Am I right?

bluelightstar
10-20-2013, 11:04 PM
How have you heard this? Do you have a pulse on the MSU student section?

Yeah, I just recently graduated. Seems like everyone is trying to sell their tickets but they can't find any buyers. Now obviously everything I have is anecdotal but I'd imagine the seating will be very comfortable in the student section Thursday night.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I just recently graduated. Seems like everyone is trying to sell their tickets but they can't find any buyers. Now obviously everything I have is anecdotal but I'd imagine the seating will be very comfortable in the student section Thursday night.

Not surprising. Our students have so much pride in our university**

And they don't even seem to care when we complain to them. I wish the Student Government would step and lead a charge.

SnakePlissken
10-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Not surprising. Our students have so much pride in our university**

It is truly pathetic how little the students of today care about their university. I know a lot of adults can't make it due to work on Fri but there is no excuse for students who's only worry is what time to crawl out of bed on Friday morning with no classes scheduled

hailmari
10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
They just gotta get home to mommy and daddy..

engie
10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
It was fall break at UT last weekend and they had 101,000 at the game. Come on MSU students, surprise me and show the hell up Thursday night! Remember there will be no class to have to wake up and go to!

Tennessee gives out 14k student tickets in a 100k+ venue. MSU gives out 11k for a 55k seat venue.

I've called for this game to end to the sell-out streak ever since it was scheduled. We've only got two SEC home games on weekends this year. Period. Alabama and LSU. Given the nature of our penalties, the only logical game for recruits to come to on OVs is the Alabama game...

In trying to help ourselves in "national exposure", we are hurting the things that are actually important to our continued program growth....

bluelightstar
10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Sad to say guys, but the students are already pretty much over this season.

HIGHDOG
10-21-2013, 12:33 PM
ok, would you rather have espn2 on thur nite or css on sat??...tom

Todd4State
10-21-2013, 01:01 PM
ok, would you rather have espn2 on thur nite or css on sat??...tom

This game would be on the ESPN family of networks at worst.

The real question is would you rather maybe have a day game on Saturday than a Thursday night special. I would rather have the day game.

bully99
10-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Since espn went to Thursday night games has anybody played more of these than State(including Thanksgiving). Has Ole Miss ever hosted a Thursday game outside of Thanksgiving. They just tell espn and the sec no.

Bubb Rubb
10-21-2013, 01:57 PM
My question is, if fall breaks are scheduled so early, couldn't the SEC schedule makers just make sure that SEC home games were not on the same weekend of the home team's fall break?

Doesn't seem like it would to difficult to do this.

Am I right?

The SEC is not going to schedule around fall break. Football schedules are very delicate things.

This is an SEC game. If our students don't show because it's fall break, it reaffirms what I've been saying forever...our fans suck.

bully99
10-21-2013, 02:02 PM
My question has nothing to do with fall break.

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2013, 02:04 PM
When ESPN comes around with their Thursday night invitations. ESPN looks around the classroom. Every other SEC school is the kid looking at the floor, desk or out the window. We are the kid bouncing in the seat saying, "ME! PICK ME! ME! ME! ME!"

Barking 13
10-21-2013, 02:10 PM
When ESPN comes around with their Thursday night invitations. ESPN looks around the classroom. Every other SEC school is the kid looking at the floor, desk or out the window. We are the kid bouncing in the seat saying, "ME! PICK ME! ME! ME! ME!"

ooh! ooh! ooh!, Mr. Kotter, Mr.Kotter!!!! this will go over most of your heads...