PDA

View Full Version : serious question on the Tenn game the spread is -8 and 148. do you all really think

99jc
03-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Tenn covers, I want to load up on this but man state is such a jekyl and hyde team I think they could get blown out or win.

Dawgbite
03-04-2019, 08:03 PM
It would need to be Tn-14 for me to even consider betting on State.

Liverpooldawg
03-04-2019, 08:08 PM
They will cover.

RocketDawg
03-04-2019, 08:10 PM
Hard to say, but 8 is a pretty substantial line. We might even win the game.

Dawg61
03-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Tennessee just beat the brakes off Kentucky in Knoxville. Stear clear of that bet. Not saying we can't win but I am saying I would definitely not put money on us to even cover vs that team. When Tennessee plays their best they are arguably the best team in the country.

mparkerfd20
03-04-2019, 10:26 PM
They will cover but the score will be under. 82- 64 UT

RezDog7
03-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Tenn covers, I want to load up on this but man state is such a jekyl and hyde team I think they could get blown out or win.

Most returning talent in the history of MSU basketball. Surely this EXPERIENCED coach want screw it up and under achieve your exaggerated expectations.

msudawg1200
03-05-2019, 08:31 AM
I fully expect Tennessee to beat the brakes off of us. The biggest disappointment this year is that we haven't upset anyone yet. Yeah, we beat Clemson and St. Mary's at a neutral site,Cincinnati and Auburn at home, and Ole Miss and Dayton on the road, but those were big wins but not upsets. We've lost to LSU and UK at home, and at Auburn and UK. We haven't won a game we "shouldn't" have. That doesn't bode for the SEC or NCAA Tourney. Hopefully, tonight we turn the corner, but I doubt it.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Most returning talent in the history of MSU basketball. Surely this EXPERIENCED coach want screw it up and under achieve your exaggerated expectations.

For you to hate that topic so much, you sure try to keep it going. Why would you post that here other than to troll?

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-05-2019, 08:54 AM
State has lost one game this season by more than 8 points. I personally wouldn't touch this game, but a UT cover isn't nearly as automatic as some here think.

dantheman4248
03-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Tennessee will probably go up early on us and then we’ll backdoor cover. That’s been MSU’s MO when playing teams with a pulse. We have one blowout loss at Kentucky (21 points) and then 7 losses that are either 4 or 5 points. A lot of those losses we were down big in the 15-30 min range of the game. If the team could ever put that together against top flight teams we have a chance, but as of now we can only do it against bottom tier Q1 and lower.

Gambling wise, look for state to be down big throughout the middle of the game then make a late run to make the final be single digits.

Ari Gold
03-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Tennessee will probably go up early on us and then we’ll backdoor cover. That’s been MSU’s MO when playing teams with a pulse. We have one blowout loss at Kentucky (21 points) and then 7 losses that are either 4 or 5 points. A lot of those losses we were down big in the 15-30 min range of the game. If the team could ever put that together against top flight teams we have a chance, but as of now we can only do it against bottom tier Q1 and lower.

Gambling wise, look for state to be down big throughout the middle of the game then make a late run to make the final be single digits.

You won’t be around much longer..
And you can bet on that.. it’s a lock.

dantheman4248
03-05-2019, 09:45 AM
You won’t be around much longer..
And you can bet on that.. it’s a lock.

Figured it was you. Tell me, where is my opinion in this thread is worse than the second post saying that it has to be TN -14, the 3rd post saying that Tenn will cover, post 6 saying a substantial blowout loss for us, post 7 dropping with sarcasm, and post 8 saying they’ll beat the brakes off of us.

But no. You want to go after me because I called out your stupidity creating an entire thread that students should apologize for not going to a midweek game in our 4th (at best) most important sport against a basement team. Apparently since I pay tuition here I’m supposed to blindly support and never criticize or ever dare suggest that going to the game isn’t worth it. And that is why you want me gone.

Buddy, there’s only one bet that’s a lock right now. I’m living rent free, in your head.

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 09:51 AM

When you say pulse, do you mean former #1 and currently leading the SEC. Losing to UT isn't a sign that our team sucks, it just means we played one of the top teams in the country and lost. This UT team just beat the shit out of UK. Our team is good but UT has a chance at a National Title if they play up to potential.

So if we hung on to the win against LSU instead of losing in OT then your entire perception of our team changes?

dantheman4248
03-05-2019, 10:01 AM
When you say pulse, do you mean former #1 and currently leading the SEC. Losing to UT isn't a sign that our team sucks, it just means we played one of the top teams in the country and lost. This UT team just beat the shit out of UK. Our team is good but UT has a chance at a National Title if they play up to potential.

So if we hung on to the win against LSU instead of losing in OT then your entire perception of our team changes?

I’m talking about teams we’d have to beat to make it past round 2 of the tourney. The fact that our best performance this year is that LSU game hurts us that it’s still a loss. (You could maybe argue the Auburn home game, but I’d still say the LSU one was better because it was a tougher opponent and a complete game.) Would my perception change if that’s a Win? Yes because we haven’t shown the ability to win that game yet.

It’s college basketball, id feel more confident in the style of tourney we play if we had a top 10 win or two even if we dropped a few other games we shouldn’t. Sport is about who can get hot and beat everybody at the end. We haven’t shown the ability to peak and WIN like that against these top teams yet. A win against those teams changes that perception.

Ari Gold
03-05-2019, 10:01 AM
Figured it was you. Tell me, where is my opinion in this thread is worse than the second post saying that it has to be TN -14, the 3rd post saying that Tenn will cover, post 6 saying a substantial blowout loss for us, post 7 dropping with sarcasm, and post 8 saying they’ll beat the brakes off of us.

But no. You want to go after me because I called out your stupidity creating an entire thread that students should apologize for not going to a midweek game in our 4th (at best) most important sport against a basement team. Apparently since I pay tuition here I’m supposed to blindly support and never criticize or ever dare suggest that going to the game isn’t worth it. And that is why you want me gone.

Buddy, there’s only one bet that’s a lock right now. I’m living rent free, in your head.

There’s a difference between criticism and spewing total nonsense and garbage.
Actually I was going to ban you because your a doiche bag but I changed my mind stick around .. you can stay rent free you prob need the cash. I’m already rich enough

TALL DAWG
03-05-2019, 10:07 AM

Go with a 6 pt teaser bet. Either take UT -2
OR take MSU +14.
You?ll have to tease some other games to on the same play as u can not just tease 1 game.

dantheman4248
03-05-2019, 10:15 AM
There’s a difference between criticism and spewing total nonsense and garbage.
Actually I was going to ban you because your a doiche bag but I changed my mind stick around .. you can stay rent free you prob need the cash. I’m already rich enough

What is the “total nonsense and garbage”?

State’s casual fan base rides a lot on games vs. Ole Miss. (A larger portion of the fan base than you think would be happy with 1-11 every year in football if that 1 is ole miss.) This carries over into other sports.

@ASU, @Auburn, vs.UK, @Bama were all games we were down double digits through the middle and made a late push that fell short. Half our losses have followed that pattern. The other 4 were 2 games we blew (@Scar And vs. OM), a game that could have gone either way but for whatever reason this team can’t win those against 2nd weekend caliber teams (vs. LSU) And a blowout loss (@UK)

RezDog7
03-05-2019, 10:59 AM
For you to hate that topic so much, you sure try to keep it going. Why would you post that here other than to troll?

Because it's about as relevant as bringing it back up during the combine. Just tired of hearing it and would rather our fans find the positives about MSU and not continue to dwell on negatives.

sleepy dawg
03-05-2019, 11:23 AM
If I were to bet on this game, which I wouldn't, I would take State. Do not bet big on this one though, bet something small.

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 11:26 AM
What is the “total nonsense and garbage”?

State’s casual fan base rides a lot on games vs. Ole Miss. (A larger portion of the fan base than you think would be happy with 1-11 every year in football if that 1 is ole miss.) This carries over into other sports.

@ASU, @Auburn, vs.UK, @Bama were all games we were down double digits through the middle and made a late push that fell short. Half our losses have followed that pattern. The other 4 were 2 games we blew (@Scar And vs. OM), a game that could have gone either way but for whatever reason this team can’t win those against 2nd weekend caliber teams (vs. LSU) And a blowout loss (@UK)

When is the last time we won that type of game, 2004? Even in 2004, we got upset and didn't make it to the Sweet 16. People act like we are some traditional powerhouse. Howland is building us up similar to how Mullen did. Mullen was rarely able to even compete with the big dogs, most were blowouts. This is the year that we get into the Big Dance and get some experience. You let Howland keep building and recruiting because we are improving.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Who gonna stop bone driving the ball?

Lord McBuckethead
03-05-2019, 11:28 AM

What? It would be a good returning group if 3 of our original starters didn't combined average like 8 pts total in conference play since Kentucky.***
Peters has gone multiple games without scoring. I would like him to take some shots when driving, just to keep people honest and he will have more kick out opportunities.
Holman is a negative 20 pt guy since Kentucky due to him scoring nothing and his guy he is covering going off every night.
Ado is a beast on the boards and defensively. He has a harder time getting into the flow on the offensive side. I wish he would catch, make a move, and hook shot more often. He came on last year scoring about 10 per game late in the season.

Either way, these three players are not filling up the basket, and we need them to. Peters should be a 15pt and 8 assist guy. Holman, should be a 12 pt guy. Both have been ice cold. I think they are not putting enough arc on the shot personally. Their shot looks extremely flat recently.

I love this team. I have watched every single game they have played this year. They can literally beat anyone when all 5 on the court are clicking. It is time to get this team working together.

Lord McBuckethead
03-05-2019, 11:30 AM
When is the last time we won that type of game, 2004? Even in 2004, we got upset and didn't make it to the Sweet 16. People act like we are some traditional powerhouse. Howland is building us up similar to how Mullen did. Mullen was rarely able to even compete with the big dogs, most were blowouts. This is the year that we get into the Big Dance and get some experience. You let Howland keep building and recruiting because we are improving.

I agree. We are improving. If we have one more recruiting year like last year, where we can bring in talent ready to compete ala Perry and Woodard, then man, we may be hell on wheels next year. Just wished Q had another year along with whatever Nick is doing.

Dawgbite
03-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Tennessee would cover that 8 out of 10 times we played right now.

dantheman4248
03-05-2019, 11:44 AM

Not sure what point you’re arguing here. I agree with all of this and have never said anything to the contrary.

My comments have all been about how this team is performing right now and what they will accomplish this season.

Dawg61
03-05-2019, 11:49 AM
Actually I was going to ban you because your a doiche bag but I changed my mind

What is the ?total nonsense and garbage??

State?s casual fan base rides a lot on games vs. Ole Miss. (A larger portion of the fan base than you think would be happy with 1-11 every year in football if that 1 is ole miss.) This carries over into other sports.

Not one single person would be happy with 1-11 with a win vs Ole Miss. That's an example of total nonsense and garbage.

https://media.giphy.com/media/qiDb8McXyj6Eg/giphy.gif

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Not sure what point you’re arguing here. I agree with all of this and have never said anything to the contrary.

My comments have all been about how this team is performing right now and what they will accomplish this season.

Maybe I just think people should have realistic expectations. I might be a little touchy since people on message boards think (1) Fire Moorhead for not exceeding 8 regular season wins which has been done about 4 times in MSU history (2) Fire Howland for losing to an improved UM team (3) Fire Lemonis because Cohen said we would have a coach with CWS experience.

This message board has conditioned me to expect batshit crazy expectations that will never be met unless you follow Bama football and even Saban lost the title this year.

RocketDawg
03-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Not one single person would be happy with 1-11 with a win vs Ole Miss. That's an example of total nonsense and garbage.

Happy at 1-11 is a bit of a stretch, but it's amazing the importance most place on that one game, especially since they're a non-entity more often than not. Conversely, 11-1 with the 1 being a loss to OM would leave a lot of mouths with sour tastes.

sleepy dawg
03-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Happy at 1-11 is a bit of a stretch, but it's amazing the importance most place on that one game, especially since they're a non-entity more often than not. Conversely, 11-1 with the 1 being a loss to OM would leave a lot of mouths with sour tastes.

I really don't give a rat's ass about that game any more than any other SEC game. I care about how we do in a season as a whole and no one team has any more meaning to me than any others. As far as comparing us to them, I do want to do better than them, but I look at how we did on the season compared to how they did. Anybody can win 1 or 2 games, but how did you finish?

Dawg61
03-05-2019, 12:36 PM

Really just depends on where you live, who you interact with and if you give a shit about what others think/say. Graduate high school mentality and you stop giving a shit what Ole Miss fans say/think.

dantheman4248
03-05-2019, 12:38 PM

You’re out of touch with the fan base of this school and how this state operates. Those people don’t post on here but for every person like you there’s 10 in our fan base that would be happy with a win over ole miss each year. Go outside this echo chamber. Reality is often disappointing.

msudawg1200
03-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Maybe I just think people should have realistic expectations. I might be a little touchy since people on message boards think (1) Fire Moorhead for not exceeding 8 regular season wins which has been done about 4 times in MSU history (2) Fire Howland for losing to an improved UM team (3) Fire Lemonis because Cohen said we would have a coach with CWS experience.

This message board has conditioned me to expect batshit crazy expectations that will never be met unless you follow Bama football and even Saban lost the title this year.

Oh, how people easily forget Croom and Ray. Go to the ESPN archives and look at some of the game play-by-play charts. It'll make 6-6 and a Liberty Bowl in football look like a fine season.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 01:22 PM

Most here have reasonable expectations. 10 games this past season was certainly reasonable. Espn fpi had us favorite in 11 games. Most expect 6-7 wins next season, which is also very reasonable

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 01:22 PM
Oh, how people easily forget Croom and Ray. Go to the ESPN archives and look at some of the game play-by-play charts. It'll make 6-6 and a Liberty Bowl in football look like a fine season.

Exactly and it isn't like winning like this is a given. Just look at UT who went from a top 5-10 program to hiring the coach we passed over for our job and not making bowl games. UT does have to play Bama every year but the East is a lot easier to get to a bowl than the West.

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Most here have reasonable expectations. 10 games this past season was certainly reasonable. Espn fpi had us favorite in 11 games. Most expect 6-7 wins next season, which is also very reasonable

10 was honestly my ceiling because I didn't think we could beat Bama or Auburn. I thought 9 was more likely and possibly 8. Anyone that had 10 as a floor for last season was a moron. It has happened like twice in MSU history and it certainly wasn't after a coaching change. No one also expected UK to have their best season in 40 years and LSU to get right back to a top 10 team. That would be like saying if Lemonis doesn't get in the National Title series then he is a failure.

PMDawg
03-05-2019, 01:27 PM
What is the ?total nonsense and garbage??

State?s casual fan base rides a lot on games vs. Ole Miss. (A larger portion of the fan base than you think would be happy with 1-11 every year in football if that 1 is ole miss.) This carries over into other sports.

@ASU, @Auburn, vs.UK, @Bama were all games we were down double digits through the middle and made a late push that fell short. Half our losses have followed that pattern. The other 4 were 2 games we blew (@Scar And vs. OM), a game that could have gone either way but for whatever reason this team can?t win those against 2nd weekend caliber teams (vs. LSU) And a blowout loss (@UK)

You just outed yourself, you rebel trash. I've been a State fan for 25 years, and I've yet to meet a state fan that would fit your BS description regarding Ole Miss.

Dawg61
03-05-2019, 01:30 PM
You’re out of touch with the fan base of this school and how this state operates. Those people don’t post on here but for every person like you there’s 10 in our fan base that would be happy with a win over ole miss each year. Go outside this echo chamber. Reality is often disappointing.

What are you talking about college kid giving me life lessons? I said no State fan on this planet would be happy with a 1-11 record. A win over Ole Miss doesn't wash the stink off that record for anyone. You need to ease your way onto this board bud not bust down the door and start titty 17ing the dog.

Dawg61
03-05-2019, 01:33 PM

You make it sound like ten wins was our floor. We've won 10 games twice in school history I believe.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 01:44 PM
You make it sound like ten wins was our floor. We've won 10 games twice in school history I believe.

8 was our floor. We hit it

Dawg61
03-05-2019, 01:52 PM
8 was our floor. We hit it

What's the word expect mean to you?

msstate7
03-05-2019, 01:59 PM
What's the word expect mean to you?

Including bowl, I thought our win range was 8 to 12 going into the season. I thought 8 and 12 were equally as unlikely. I settled on 10 regular season and didn't predict bowl bc I figured we'd be in a NY6 (hard to know). I had losses to LSU and Bama

msstate7
03-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Unless we add a game changing transfer, I think our regular season range is 5-8 for next season. I think 6-7 is likely.

sandwolf
03-05-2019, 02:28 PM
A larger portion of the fan base than you think would be happy with 1-11 every year in football if that 1 is ole miss.

You?re out of touch with the fan base of this school and how this state operates. Those people don?t post on here but for every person like you there?s 10 in our fan base that would be happy with a win over ole miss each year. Go outside this echo chamber. Reality is often disappointing.

I'd bet a large sum of money that you couldn't introduce me to a single sane, mentally sufficient State fan that has this mind set.

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Including bowl, I thought our win range was 8 to 12 going into the season. I thought 8 and 12 were equally as unlikely. I settled on 10 regular season and didn't predict bowl bc I figured we'd be in a NY6 (hard to know). I had losses to LSU and Bama

Auburn was preseason top 10 team and most people had them as a top 2 Dline in the country along with the best QB in the SEC.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Auburn was preseason top 10 team and most people had them as a top 2 Dline in the country along with the best QB in the SEC.

We were at home. They had complete turnover on oline and rb. I predicted a win

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Unless we add a game changing transfer, I think our regular season range is 5-8 for next season. I think 6-7 is likely.

I think 6 is the floor next year. I think we should be able to win the 4 OOC and at least 2 SEC wins between Ark, UM, and UT.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 02:41 PM
I think 6 is the floor next year. I think we should be able to win the 4 OOC and at least 2 SEC wins between Ark, UM, and UT.

I sorta agree, but all 3 of those games are on the road

Dawg61
03-05-2019, 02:44 PM
I think our regular season range is 5-8 for next season. I think 6-7 is likely.

I'm guessing roughly 70% of teams fall in the 5-8 win range so it's not really saying anything. I think we'll play 13 football games next year.

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 02:46 PM
I sorta agree, but all 3 of those games are on the road

UM and UK at home along with at UT and at Ark. We should be able to win at least 2 of those 4 games along with 4 OOC to get to 6 wins. 6 floor, 7 expected, and 8 is probably the ceiling.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 02:57 PM
UM and UK at home along with at UT and at Ark. We should be able to win at least 2 of those 4 games along with 4 OOC to get to 6 wins. 6 floor, 7 expected, and 8 is probably the ceiling.

4 OOC, ark, OM, and hopefully Kentucky those are my wins. I think we get pounded by auburn, aTm, Bama, and LSU. If I had to put my life savings on tenn/state right now, I'd take the vols at home

Maroonthirteen
03-05-2019, 03:35 PM

Tennessee will be better next year. Unfortunately....

dantheman4248
03-05-2019, 03:40 PM
You just outed yourself, you rebel trash. I've been a State fan for 25 years, and I've yet to meet a state fan that would fit your BS description regarding Ole Miss.

It goes both ways. Tons of sane people have that mindset for state. None do for ole miss but that?s cause no one with a sane brain goes there.

You guys here don?t even consider them fans. The people who went to school here. Live here. But don?t breathe sports 24/7. Their lives are fine outside the context of sports. But the biggest bragging rights in the office belong to the egg bowl winner. That matters above all else in this state.

Ari Gold
03-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Everyone take off the Football hat when talking about hoops .. it’s not even close to being the same ..

Dawgcap
03-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Damn y’all the SEC has been a rollercoaster this year. I wouldn’t bet this game but I’m not gonna be shocked if win. We are no where near as bad as some of y’all say but we do have inconsistencies. If y’all can answer how to solve it I’d say your a dumbass for being on a message board instead of making a great living coaching. And no this isn’t a defense of the coaches or the team it’s just a fact that something hasn’t clicked. Will it?

I seen it dawg
03-05-2019, 10:11 PM
It goes both ways. Tons of sane people have that mindset for state. None do for ole miss but that?s cause no one with a sane brain goes there.

You guys here don?t even consider them fans. The people who went to school here. Live here. But don?t breathe sports 24/7. Their lives are fine outside the context of sports. But the biggest bragging rights in the office belong to the egg bowl winner. That matters above all else in this state.

You're so smart

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2019, 08:46 AM

5 is the floor, 7 is the ceiling. 6 is likely.

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2019, 08:47 AM
We were at home. They had complete turnover on oline and rb. I predicted a win

I didn't.

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2019, 08:52 AM
You're so smart

He is wrong on 1-11 but to the vast majority of us who live in Mississippi the football Egg Bowl matters above everything else in any sport. That why I have never been able to consider 2014 a great year (which it was) or consider last year a bad year (with it wasn't anyway). I can see where if you haven't lived in state in a while why it wouldn't matter as much. If you have to live amongst them 365 days a year it MATTERS.

Ari Gold
03-06-2019, 09:30 AM
He is wrong on 1-11 but to the vast majority of us who live in Mississippi the football Egg Bowl matters above everything else in any sport. That why I have never been able to consider 2014 a great year (which it was) or consider last year a bad year (with it wasn't anyway). I can see where if you haven't lived in state in a while why it wouldn't matter as much. If you have to live amongst them 365 days a year it MATTERS.

FOOTBALL.... it’s totally different ..
how many time do I have to say this ..
Yes I want to beat OM in everything all the time from football to chess
But when ur taking about hoops and baseball it’s totally different from basketball . In all phrases..

HoopsDawg
03-06-2019, 09:30 AM
5 is the floor, 7 is the ceiling. 6 is likely.

Agree. With our schedule and talent 5-7 is the floor. With our QB and coaching 7-5 is the ceiling. 6-6 sounds about right.

Liverpooldawg
03-06-2019, 12:57 PM
FOOTBALL.... it?s totally different ..
how many time do I have to say this ..
Yes I want to beat OM in everything all the time from football to chess
But when ur taking about hoops and baseball it?s totally different from basketball . In all phrases..

The Ole Miss games are still the must not lose games in those sports too.

sleepy dawg
03-06-2019, 02:34 PM

I'm surrounded by them, but it still doesn't matter that much to me. Not compared to the season we have overall. Sure they are important games, but not when compared to the season as a whole... And sure, I hate them, but even more reason to not let them determine how I feel about my team overall. They don't control my mood, I do.