PDA

View Full Version : Football Spring Roster 2019

mstatefan91
03-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Just released

https://hailstate.com/roster.aspx?path=football

BuckyIsAB****
03-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Numbers 1-11 will all have a shot to play in the league somewhere one day but if you ask on here we suck and 6-6 will be a miracle

Big4Dawg
03-04-2019, 05:45 PM
DT is going to be rough....
Kendell Jones, Lee Autry and RS Freshmen...

CadaverDawg
03-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Numbers 1-11 will all have a shot to play in the league somewhere one day but if you ask on here we suck and 6-6 will be a miracle

That's because the Head Coach position is a returning starter*

BuckyIsAB****
03-04-2019, 05:48 PM
That's because the Head Coach position is a returning starter*

He earned a 2nd year but if we waste talent like we did this year then I will agree with you.

bulldawg28
03-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Tucker Day seems like he's been there 8 years. I didn't realize Suggs was not redshirted.

ShotgunDawg
03-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Where are all these grad transfers we are supposed to get considering we didn't sign a full class?

BuckyIsAB****
03-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Where are all these grad transfers we are supposed to get considering we didn't sign a full class?

Wont get them till the summer if we get any.

MzTerry
03-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Tucker Day seems like he's been there 8 years. I didn't realize Suggs was not redshirted.

He did - redshirted in 2017 and was a RSFR last year.

MzTerry
03-04-2019, 06:04 PM
DT is going to be rough....
Kendell Jones, Lee Autry and RS Freshmen...

Agreed, although Marquiss Spencer moving inside will help.

Big4Dawg
03-04-2019, 06:36 PM

I was just going by the roster. He's listed as DE

Hambone
03-04-2019, 06:39 PM
Alec Murphy back to RB

Leeshouldveflanked
03-04-2019, 07:02 PM
That doesn’t look like a SEC roster

HoopsDawg
03-04-2019, 07:02 PM

Surprisingly, he hasn't moved inside yet.

KOdawg1
03-04-2019, 07:08 PM
Murphy staying at S. Some had said he would move to CB. I think he fits better as a S so I like him staying put

Todd4State
03-04-2019, 10:22 PM

I bet we don't get any besides the punter from South Alabama.

We're stupid for not signing full classes. To me, it's like wasting draft picks. And spare me "but we can give it to a deserving walk-on".

maroonmania
03-04-2019, 10:41 PM

We're stupid for not signing full classes. To me, it's like wasting draft picks. And spare me "but we can give it to a deserving walk-on".

That was just a convenient excuse to get people off our coaching staff's case when we didn't sign a full class. I'm sure we will try to get a grad transfer or two, but with the good ones you have a TON of competition across the country to get them to join your program. I actually can't remember a grad transfer we've gotten that's ever made a real difference in our football team the next year, not that we've had that many of them.

RezDog7
03-04-2019, 10:46 PM
Fire everybody. Can't even win a championship with the most talent evah.

msstate7
03-04-2019, 11:07 PM

What in the world could you base the following will have a shot in the nfl?

#2 d. Thomas
#3 Jason
#6 shrader
#8 smitherman
#9 dear
#10 key
#11 landrews
#11 spivey

Thomas, smitherman, dear, and landrews aren't on any nfl watch lists I can find. Jason, key, and Murphy were 4-stars, but didn't really show anything to receive nfl hype after a year (or year+ in key's case). Shrader and Spivey have yet to play a college snap.

ETA... I'm not saying any of them won't make it. Just really wondering how you can be so definitive

Todd4State
03-04-2019, 11:28 PM
That was just a convenient excuse to get people off our coaching staff's case when we didn't sign a full class. I'm sure we will try to get a grad transfer or two, but with the good ones you have a TON of competition across the country to get them to join your program. I actually can't remember a grad transfer we've gotten that's ever made a real difference in our football team the next year, not that we've had that many of them.

The punter we are getting I think will actually make a really big impact for us. Yes, we lost a lot on defense but if he can help our field position that will help us on both sides of the ball.

I am happy that the coaches who have left have been mostly replaced with guys that are considered good recruiters and have more ties to the local area. I think Joe will "learn" about recruiting and adjust more quickly than Dan did in that arena. Really the biggest issue I have with recruiting right now is at the WR position. But getting Heath, Tulu and probably Mason will help with that.

bulldawg28
03-05-2019, 06:28 AM

Thanks, for some reason I thought last year Suggs was a true Freshman.

Homedawg
03-05-2019, 10:05 AM

Exactly!!!!!

confucius say
03-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Exactly!!!!!

With the APR rule change, doesn't oversigning (more than 85) and "processing" guys kill your apr now?

Cary Hudson's little bro
03-05-2019, 12:10 PM
A big booty NT/DT grad transfer will happen. I bet we already have someone but can't announce until he graduates in May.

Smitherman has a definite chance at the NFL - his body is finally right for the SEC and he has the ball skills to make it. He was 165 in HS. He has the right intangibles too.

Irondawg
03-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Given our RB depth chart i cannot for the life of figure out why we don't ask Dear to try out there. Maybe we have and he's totally against it. But he's buried at WR and every since watching him in HS I thought RB was a better fit for him unless he simply doesn't have the mentality for it.