PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Keegan is starting vs ECU

CadaverDawg
03-04-2019, 04:32 PM
And both midweek games moved up to 3 pm. Keegan and Plumlee auditioning for Sunday starter this week?

And EminenceBunt (who I'm assuming might be Will James) has a great write up about thebaseball team on SPS. I'm really enjoying reading about this team. I think the ceiling is high, so hopefully the guys stay focused bc they could do special things this year

Choctaw Dawg
03-04-2019, 05:29 PM
I tell ya, it'll be hard to have an audition for Keegan and Plumlee this week with how cold it is, We've seen Plumlee's upside already against SELU, Keegan needs a start or two more before I'll say anything on him.

If our pitchers don't do very well midweek, I'd have a hard time getting on them, its hard to pitch when its freezing. Been there done that.

CadaverDawg
03-04-2019, 05:35 PM
I tell ya, it'll be hard to have an audition for Keegan and Plumlee this week with how cold it is, We've seen Plumlee's upside already against SELU, Keegan needs a start or two more before I'll say anything on him.

If our pitchers don't do very well midweek, I'd have a hard time getting on them, its hard to pitch when its freezing. Been there done that.

Very true

TNDawg35
03-04-2019, 05:43 PM

Sucks even worse to catch. I’ve been there. Haha, those damn dirt balls hurt way worse when it’s cold as shit!

Todd4State
03-04-2019, 10:16 PM
And both midweek games moved up to 3 pm. Keegan and Plumlee auditioning for Sunday starter this week?

And EminenceBunt (who I'm assuming might be Will James) has a great write up about thebaseball team on SPS. I'm really enjoying reading about this team. I think the ceiling is high, so hopefully the guys stay focused bc they could do special things this year

I don't think it's Will James. Totally different posting style and he hasn't mentioned BABIP in any of his posts.

I'm don't think this is an audition for our Sunday spot in the rotation.

preachermatt83
03-04-2019, 10:54 PM
I don't think it's Will James. Totally different posting style and he hasn't mentioned BABIP in any of his posts.

I'm don't think this is an audition for our Sunday spot in the rotation.
Me either. Keagan is doing a great job

ShotgunDawg
03-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Ceratola is starting vs UAPB.

Sunday is TBA

CadaverDawg
03-05-2019, 01:17 AM
Me either. Keagan is doing a great job

Don't get me wrong, I have faith in Keegan, but his last outing he only went 3 innings and walked 4. I'd hardly say that was a "great job". In no way am I questioning Foxhall bc I agree with whatever decision he makes at this point...just saying that there's a reason Sunday is TBD, and if James has another short outing with poor control, I wouldn't be stunned if we saw Plumlee Sunday. Either way, what a luxury to have 2 guys like Plumlee and James as options for Sunday/Midweek. First world problems for sure.

Todd4State
03-05-2019, 02:38 AM
Don't get me wrong, I have faith in Keegan, but his last outing he only went 3 innings and walked 4. I'd hardly say that was a "great job". In no way am I questioning Foxhall bc I agree with whatever decision he makes at this point...just saying that there's a reason Sunday is TBD, and if James has another short outing with poor control, I wouldn't be stunned if we saw Plumlee Sunday. Either way, what a luxury to have 2 guys like Plumlee and James as options for Sunday/Midweek. First world problems for sure.

It sounds to me like the TBA is more in case Keegan goes longer than expected.

Randolph Dupree
03-05-2019, 09:49 AM
I don't think it's an audition at all. I don't know what James's throwing routine is but my guess is he will throw however many pitches lines up with whatever work is scheduled for that day. If he goes longer, for whatever reason, we will see TBD.

confucius say
03-05-2019, 11:30 AM
I think it is TBA Sunday bc Lemonis wants to win today. If James is on he will go 6 today I bet, far more than his normal bullpen session. Maine on Sunday should not be near the challenge ECU is today. ECU is hitting .308 as a team. That's really good.

preachermatt83
03-05-2019, 12:29 PM
I think it is TBA Sunday bc Lemonis wants to win today. If James is on he will go 6 today I bet, far more than his normal bullpen session. Maine on Sunday should not be near the challenge ECU is today. ECU is hitting .308 as a team. That's really good.

Yup