PDA

View Full Version : Latest Bracketology

CadaverDawg
03-04-2019, 12:52 PM
Has us as a 6 seed playing Minnesota. I don't love the TTU potential second round matchup...They have looked really good the few times I've seen them play.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology?iteration=247&region=2&year=2019&wjb (http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=247&region=2&year=2019)

msugolf
03-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Sweet fancy Moses, a non baseball post! Thank heavens! Was beginning to think basketball season had ended already.

I do like that first matchup against Minny though. Didn't we play Texas Tech in one of those unofficial preseason scrimmages and beat them by 20?

msstate7
03-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Has us as a 6 seed playing Minnesota. I don't love the TTU potential second round matchup...They have looked really good the few times I've seen them play.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=247&region=2&year=2019

Texas tech would smoke us.

PKADogs55
03-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Sweet fancy Moses, a non baseball post! Thank heavens! Was beginning to think basketball season had ended already.

I do like that first matchup against Minny though. Didn't we play Texas Tech in one of those unofficial preseason scrimmages and beat them by 20?

We played TCU if I recall correctly.

Ari Gold
03-04-2019, 02:07 PM

I’m sure you can break this down by using ur metrics and tell us how and why.

msstate7
03-04-2019, 02:19 PM
I’m sure you can break this down by using ur metrics and tell us how and why.

Mostly a feeling after watching both a bunch this season. Here are both teams' off and def pomeroy ratings...

Off: state 21st, TT 37th
Def: state 48th, TT 1st
Overall: state 21st, TT 10th

Captain Falcon
03-04-2019, 02:55 PM
I personally don’t think we’re a Sweet 16 team, especially without Nick W., but the tourney is all about matchups and who gets hot at the right time. So who knows what to expect.

gtowndawg
03-04-2019, 03:05 PM
I personally don’t think we’re a Sweet 16 team, especially without Nick W., but the tourney is all about matchups and who gets hot at the right time. So who knows what to expect.

The load will be on Peters and that can be very feast or famine. He has the potential, hopefully he pulls it all together at the right time.

Dawg61
03-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Maybe SDS will upset TTech

sleepy dawg
03-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Mostly a feeling after watching both a bunch this season. Here are both teams' off and def pomeroy ratings...

Off: state 21st, TT 37th
Def: state 48th, TT 1st
Overall: state 21st, TT 10th

I agree. 3 seeds beat 6 seeds at about 81% over the last 10 years, and going by the numbers, TT will be a strong 3 seed. I hope we get lucky and squeak out a 5 seed. Higher chance to get upset in the first round, but that 2nd round match-up will be much more winnable.

Choctaw Dawg
03-04-2019, 06:12 PM
CBS also has us as a 6 seed playing Minnesota except in Jacksonville. However they pit us playing the winner of Houston and Old Dominion in the second round

Dawg61
03-04-2019, 06:16 PM
I agree. 3 seeds beat 6 seeds at about 81% over the last 10 years, and going by the numbers, TT will be a strong 3 seed. I hope we get lucky and squeak out a 5 seed. Higher chance to get upset in the first round, but that 2nd round match-up will be much more winnable.

Probably have to win 4 more games to move up if we lose to Tennessee or beat Tennessee, aTm and 1st game of SECT might do it. Both regular season games vs Tennessee and aTm are huge for our seeding.

Ari Gold
03-04-2019, 06:22 PM
No one is arguing that Texas Tech would be a tough opponent .. most 3 seeds will be a tough game ..
It’s the Texas Tech will smoke us
We play in possible the toughest conference in the country and have been smoked once and that’s @Kentucky

Only state fans can have the quick negative post that comes from a Bracketology thread , which we haven’t seen in over a decade ..

Liverpooldawg
03-04-2019, 07:00 PM
It's about matchups and who gets hot. I don't think we are a Sweet 16 team (even with Nick) but if we got hot and got a couple of good matchups you never know.

msstate7
03-04-2019, 07:05 PM
No one is arguing that Texas Tech would be a tough opponent .. most 3 seeds will be a tough game ..
It’s the Texas Tech will smoke us
We play in possible the toughest conference in the country and have been smoked once and that’s @Kentucky

Only state fans can have the quick negative post that comes from a Bracketology thread , which we haven’t seen in over a decade ..

I'm not down on us. I'm just really high on TT. If they avoid Virginia and duke, I'll probably have them in the final 4. Love their defense

Dawg61
03-04-2019, 08:31 PM
I doubt there's ever been a sweet 16 where the 16 highest seeded teams made it. Luck & getting hot are equally as important as your seed. Loyola-Chicago made the FF last year.

sleepy dawg
03-05-2019, 11:36 AM
I doubt there's ever been a sweet 16 where the 16 highest seeded teams made it. Luck & getting hot are equally as important as your seed. Loyola-Chicago made the FF last year.

Of course not. We're probably not one of the top 16 teams in the country. However, the sweet 16 is never just the best 16 seeds. People saying we're just not that type of team really don't know what they're talking about. The NCAA tournament is next to impossible to predict. There is no guaranteed lock for anybody to win or lose any game. The best team in the country last year lost in the first round to a 16 seed. The reality is we are a pretty good team. If we get lucky we could end up in the sweet 16. The odds are that there will be multiple teams that are worse than a 4 seed that make it. It could just as well be us as any of the other 5-12 seeds.

preachermatt83
03-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Ain't it nice to finally be able to have these discussions again?

basedog
03-05-2019, 12:42 PM

Dude that may be your thought but I've learned over many years following the Ncaa tourney, strange things can happen.

You give up way to easy on Msu sports.

msstate7
03-05-2019, 10:40 PM
I?m sure you can break this down by using ur metrics and tell us how and why.

Yeah, smoke us.

Dawg61
03-06-2019, 12:33 AM
Looks like we'd prefer the 7-10 seed route. Easier to avoid Texas Tech that way.