PDA

View Full Version : Quick update before I post the big score update

MetEdDawg
03-03-2019, 05:24 PM
LSU blows a 4 run lead in the late innings to lose to Texas 7-6. They get swept this weekend. Thought I would throw this out there for separate discussion.

Big score update should be up soon but felt this deserved its own discussion.

Apoplectic
03-03-2019, 05:30 PM
ray ted! what are they lacking? sounds like pitching?

Todd4State
03-03-2019, 05:32 PM
This is what would happen a lot of years if LSU consistently played a more difficult OOC schedule. No one gets more benefit of the doubt because of the name on the front of the jersey than LSU.

Todd4State
03-03-2019, 05:32 PM
ray ted! what are they lacking? sounds like pitching?

Yes.

AlSwearengen
03-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Todd, do you think their recruits get a slight bump because they are committed to lsu? To me, Vandy and Florida have seemed consistently better than lsu for a few years now. Although, Vandy should win it every year with the way they recruit, so there is a case to be made that they have underachieved in recent years.

Todd4State
03-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Todd, do you think their recruits get a slight bump because they are committed to lsu? To me, Vandy and Florida have seemed consistently better than lsu for a few years now. Although, Vandy should win it every year with the way they recruit, so there is a case to be made that they have underachieved in recent years.

Probably some of them do get a bump. But I would also say that some of their recruits are legit as well so I don't think they are devoid of talent either. There is a reason why Cohen gambled on Cannizarro at one point in time and why Manieri was very upset to lose him. Florida and LSU did play each other for the National Title just two years ago.

The thing about LSU is what has happened to them is kind of what happened to us in the late 90's and early 2000's in baseball. They have stayed about the same and most everyone has caught up to their level. MSU, Vanderbilt, Florida, Arkansas, and South Carolina all have won or played for a National Title since 2010- as well as LSU. If you go back to 2008 you can add Georgia as well. Those schools except for Georgia and maybe could add Texas A&M to the list of the elite are probably the true elite of the SEC right now. LSU will almost always have good seasons because they have plenty of Sun Belt caliber in state competition that they almost always beat and no one will ever discredit it.