PDA

View Full Version : Woodard intentional foul

Dawg61
03-03-2019, 01:29 AM
shouldn't of even been a common foul. He barely touched him at all. Dunlap was off balance and started stumbling right when he jumped. I thought that intentional foul call was one of the worst calls we've seen all year. I haven't bitched about the refs much this year as I think they've been much improved over the previous 5-6 years but that call was awful. Woodard handled it well though.

Tbonewannabe
03-03-2019, 09:22 AM
shouldn't of even been a common foul. He barely touched him at all. Dunlap was off balance and started stumbling right when he jumped. I thought that intentional foul call was one of the worst calls we've seen all year. I haven't bitched about the refs much this year as I think they've been much improved over the previous 5-6 years but that call was awful. Woodard handled it well though.

Watching the replay, they have a side angle that shows about 6 inches of space between them. AU tried to bump him but it looks like he stopped before he could hit him and it threw him off balance.

msstate7
03-03-2019, 09:39 AM
Auburn players fall down constantly to try and get a call. Wish flops were reviewable and punished with a tech. I hate that crap... hate it when we do it too

MCsMGs
03-03-2019, 10:04 AM
That call was so bad that when they showed the replay in Auburn Arena that even the Auburn crowd went silent. They initially went berzerk because of the call, but as soon as the replays started on the tron, they tucked tail and went silent.

maroonmania
03-03-2019, 10:17 AM
I've lost a lot of interest in college basketball in general myself and I think the ineptness and randomness of basketball officiating is a big part of it. Its definitely down my list behind football and baseball. No game is determined more by officiating than basketball anyway and then when you mix in how incompetent the officiating is, it kind of ruins the sport. I watch more of our women's games than our men's but that is only because of how elite Vic has made our women's program. Heck, the officiating in the women's game is probably even worse. But we only have a realistic shot of winning a NC in one of two sports that anyone cares about, and that is women's basketball or men's baseball. And that is why I watch women's basketball, bad officiating and all. I am really glad our men's team will make the NCAA tournament this year but I still don't have a lot of hope of getting out of the first weekend. A shame that Peters and Holman aren't playing at the level we expected of them this year. If they were, we would have a heck of a team to take into the tournament with or without NW available. But Q, Perry and Tyson can't do it all by themselves.

starkvegasdawg
03-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Auburn players fall down constantly to try and get a call. Wish flops were reviewable and punished with a tech. I hate that crap... hate it when we do it too

This incident already shows replay is useless. They'll still come to the conclusion they want regardless.

hopsondawg22
03-03-2019, 11:34 AM
The baseline ref for that game was atrocious. He takes the cake in my book as the worst officiating of the year.