PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the game in the Frisco Classic.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Actually got home a hour or two ago but it has taken that long for my fingers to thaw. Weather was terrible, 39 degrees, misting rain and northern wind. The players earned their scholarships today playing in those conditions. Texas Tech looked like the No 3 team, they were big and fast. But the dawgs did their thing and scratched out a nice win. Mr. Lighting (sp) threw out the ceremonial first pitch. Unfortunately, we sat next to a bunch of 20 something year olds TT fans that were drinking and partying more than watching the game. Great ball park but the new Dude is right up there with it. Winning was definitely an upper since I couldn't feel my fingers or toes after the game.

Cowbell
03-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Actually got home a hour or two ago but it has taken that long for my fingers to thaw. Weather was terrible, 39 degrees, misting rain and northern wind. The players earned their scholarships today playing in those conditions. Texas Tech looked like the No 3 team, they were big and fast. But the dawgs did their thing and scratched out a nice win. Mr. Lighting (sp) threw out the ceremonial first pitch. Unfortunately, we sat next to a bunch of 20 something year olds TT fans that were drinking and partying more than watching the game. Great ball park but the new Dude is right up there with it. Winning was definitely an upper since I couldn't feel my fingers or toes after the game.

I live an hour and a half away and really wanted to come out and bring my little boy, but this weather kept me from being able to bring him. Says a lot about our squad.

IMissJack
03-02-2019, 10:44 PM
How many State fans there? Could hear them with the Maroon and White cheer.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-02-2019, 10:59 PM
Official attendance listed at 7500 but there wasn't anywhere near that many butts in the seats. Just a guess but there was probably 1500-2000 fans at the park. Probably 500 TT fans and maybe 300 dawg fans. Good showing for the dawgs considering the weather.

ScoobaDawg
03-03-2019, 02:45 AM
Official attendance listed at 7500 but there wasn't anywhere near that many butts in the seats. Just a guess but there was probably 1500-2000 fans at the park. Probably 500 TT fans and maybe 300 dawg fans. Good showing for the dawgs considering the weather.

Yep...weather kept a lot away. But no way was I missing these games.. I'll be back in the morning bundled up.
We really got the Maroon White cheer going after we took the lead for the last time. Got tired of the Power Raiders cheer. Tech fans were nice for the most part.