PDA

View Full Version : Why is Q left out of the SEC POY conversation?

RougeDawg
03-02-2019, 06:12 PM
He is 2nd in scoring at 18.6 PPG and is the most important player to his team. It?s a shame that conference records determine these awards more times than not.

The three in the discussion are Washington, Williams and Waters. Q deserves to be in that conversation.

Eta: the way he makes it look so easy and him not being a me me me attention guy, probably have something to do with it. Our marketing department needs to do some work for him.

Ari Gold
03-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Agree 100%
And some of our fans a actually bag on him some.. it’s unreal

Dawg2003
03-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Q is in the discussion and has been for some time. These kinds of awards are usually preordained before the season though.

tcdog70
03-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Agree 100%
And some of our fans a actually bag on him some.. it’s unreal

Not as bad this year. Last year on this board it was pitiful the way some bashed Q. Ole 34 is gone, so the biggest Q basher isn't here anymore.

Ari Gold
03-02-2019, 07:41 PM
To add ..
I think he gets drafted . No it won’t be in the 1st round and he might be in the D League for a year or 2 but I think he ends up on a roster and makes a good nba pay check for several years

Liverpooldawg
03-02-2019, 07:42 PM
He is left out because he doesn't deserve to be on it. Just my opinion.....

Ari Gold
03-02-2019, 08:15 PM

Hahaha.. wow

Rick Danko
03-02-2019, 08:29 PM

Your opinion is dog shit... just my opinion....

Ari Gold
03-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Your opinion is dog shit... just my opinion....

It was pure click bait .. and we both fell for it .
And if it wasn’t . It just proves my point. That we have some of the dumbest mother ****ers when it comes to hoops

tcdog70
03-02-2019, 09:17 PM

You would a leader in dumbass fan pool. He has 190 steals. Almost 2000 points and more game winners than anyone active in the SEC. TV game today gave some kind of stat today where he is only player leading in 3 categories. Going to have to look that up. Q might be in my top 3 players ever. And I've been watching since Joe Dan Gold.

Liverpooldawg
03-02-2019, 10:03 PM
It was pure click bait .. and we both fell for it .
And if it wasn’t . It just proves my point. That we have some of the dumbest mother ****ers when it comes to hoops

Not click bait. He is the best player on a good team. We haven't seen anything like that in so long we don't know what a really great player looks like. Our lack of knowledge is self inflicted. I remember what it looks like. Q ain't it.

TXDawg
03-02-2019, 10:33 PM
He’s left out because we are a mediocre SEC team, at best. Why are we a mediocre SEC team? Because Peters and Holman are selfish showboats who consistently cost us games; like they did tonight.

Dawg61
03-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Not click bait. He is the best player on a good team. We haven't seen anything like that in so long we don't know what a really great player looks like. Our lack of knowledge is self inflicted. I remember what it looks like. Q ain't it.

You're a moron. Q is gonna be unanimous 1st team All-SEC which automatically puts him in the conversation for SEC POY.

Dawg2003
03-02-2019, 10:56 PM
You're a moron. Q is gonna be unanimous 1st team All-SEC which automatically puts him in the conversation for SEC POY.

Exactly. Q has been in the final four for POY for awhile now. They've talked about it on the SEC Network and just talked about it again this afternoon. His picture was right there with Williams, Washington, and Waters.

Tbonewannabe
03-02-2019, 11:01 PM

Announcers mentioned something about him being one of 8 guys in the country shooting 80% ft, 50% fg, 40% 3 pt. Having those numbers while being one of the top scorers in the SEC.

Ari Gold
03-02-2019, 11:22 PM
He’s left out because we are a mediocre SEC team, at best. Why are we a mediocre SEC team? Because Peters and Holman are selfish showboats who consistently cost us games; like they did tonight.

See here we go again.
Check the quad 1 wins we have compared to every other team in the country.
That’s not a mediocre team

Again take off the football mentality... and don’t compare the men’s game to the women’s game it’s a different as night and day.

Ari Gold
03-02-2019, 11:24 PM

Basketball ignorance. Just stop it.

TXDawg
03-02-2019, 11:45 PM

Q is damn good. The problem is that he’s got a bunch of selfish idiots as his supporting cast (Peters, Holman, etc)

tcdog70
03-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Q is damn good. The problem is that he’s got a bunch of selfish idiots as his supporting cast (Peters, Holman, etc)

Wrong, those 2 aren't selfish. We need for LP to be more selfish. When He went to the pass first LP he lost his mojo. Go back to the step back 3 LP like the end of last year. Holman is just bad on defense.

dalmuti
03-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Q's a great player on the court, but all the conspiracy theories he's posting on 4chan probably have effected his chances

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2019, 01:36 PM
Basketball ignorance. Just stop it.
Opinions vary.

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Wrong, those 2 aren't selfish. We need for LP to be more selfish. When He went to the pass first LP he lost his mojo. Go back to the step back 3 LP like the end of last year. Holman is just bad on defense.

Exactly. Peters has gone way to far the other way.

Saltydog
03-03-2019, 02:40 PM
makes questionable decisions.

sonofozarka
03-03-2019, 02:52 PM
He is 2nd in scoring at 18.6 PPG and is the most important player to his team. It?s a shame that conference records determine these awards more times than not.

The three in the discussion are Washington, Williams and Waters. Q deserves to be in that conversation.

Eta: the way he makes it look so easy and him not being a me me me attention guy, probably have something to do with it. Our marketing department needs to do some work for him.

I?ve been thinking the same, he?s one of the best players in school history and he doesn?t get near that level of credit. He gets where he wants to on the floor anytime he wants, and he?s extremely efficient. Would probably serve our team better if we featured him even more and let him be even more ball dominant

When I look at draft projections, I just don?t get it. There are so many players listed above him based on potential that are far, far worse than him. Makes you wonder what they?re even looking fkr