PDA

View Full Version : Speaks from callaway to announce monday

bully99
10-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Twitter says likely OM

Jacksondevildog
10-20-2013, 05:15 PM
100% Ole Miss. The Callaway crew are living in a nice new neighborhood in Jackson. Meanwhile in Starkville......

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Hmm...looks like a big win does help with recruiting. Can't believe he didn't commit to us after our big nail biter with BGSU.

EnterpriseDawg
10-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Hmm...looks like a big win does help with recruiting. Can't believe he didn't commit to us after our big nail biter with BGSU.

Didn't want him anyway****. To far busy trying to flip conference USA and WAC commits.....sigh

Jack Lambert
10-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I guess thats why Mullen was at the Callaway game Friday.

msstate7
10-20-2013, 05:32 PM
He was OM from the beginning. This is just the rebel publicity machine waiting till the perfect time. They are good at this stuff

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 05:32 PM

Ole Miss is so predictable when it comes to recruiting. Now when he commits the focus will be on their win over LSU vs. the Callaway Country Club Subdivision.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 05:33 PM
He was OM from the beginning. This is just the rebel publicity machine waiting till the perfect time. They are good at this stuff

I guess you could say that they are "good" at it. I think our fans are good at falling for it.

bully99
10-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Did Dan fly his helicopter to the game Friday night. Why are the blackbears so much better at PR than State.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 05:44 PM
I'd like to know more about this subdivision in Jackson. Fill me in.

Coach34
10-20-2013, 05:51 PM

we were never in this race

Coach34
10-20-2013, 05:55 PM
I'd like to know more about this subdivision in Jackson. Fill me in.

some people just find it an amazing coincidence that the Callaway group has all moved to better housing in the last 6 months

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 05:58 PM
some people just find it an amazing coincidence that the Callaway group has all moved to better housing in the last 6 months

That would be a risky move by the bears if indeed they are being investigated like we think they are. Those bastards are good at what they do.

Jacksondevildog
10-20-2013, 05:59 PM
And you can forget about Malik Dear. He has 3 kids (I believe 3) and they will be taken care of. The Rebels will get him too.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Did Dan fly his helicopter to the game Friday night. Why are the blackbears so much better at PR than State.

I think it's because Dan isn't into the recruiting BS- the flipping, hat parties, etc. He pretty much wants a guy to commit and that be the end of it. If you want to do a hat party or whatever- I think he's OK with that- see Chris Jones, Richie Brown and Beniquez Brown. But I think Ole Miss probably encourages it.

I'm not saying that Dan's way is wrong or Ole Miss's is right- it's just a different philosophy.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 06:02 PM
And you can forget about Malik Dear. He has 3 kids (I believe 3) and they will be taken care of. The Rebels will get him too.

Please tell me they're triplets. Dear is supposed to be a good student- so that's actually pretty surprising to me. Not that good students don't get any action in high school from time to time- but still.

Jacksondevildog
10-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Was told that by someone who claimed to know him personally. Tough to win a battle by showing a recruit just your research facility while the other school in state is paying big bucks.

chef dixon
10-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Sucks to lose out on talented players, but I'm not big on JPS guys when it comes to football.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 06:07 PM
That would be a risky move by the bears if indeed they are being investigated like we think they are. Those bastards are good at what they do.

Actually, it's not. Until the NCAA officially busts them, they won't fall under repeat offender status.

But honestly- anytime anyone does something illegal it's risky.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Sucks to lose out on talented players, but I'm not big on JPS guys when it comes to football.

Yea I'm trying to think of who we've had that was good from JPS....

Nickoe
Quinton Culberson

Who else?

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Actually, it's not. Until the NCAA officially busts them, they won't fall under repeat offender status.

True.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 06:10 PM

I don't know- Whitley, Smoot, Tommy Kelly has had a respectable NFL career, Eugene Clinton, Jason Husband, and now Fred Brown- there is some solid talent there. You just have to be willing to coach it.

Jacksondevildog
10-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Smoot and Tommy Kelly were from Provine.

Fred Brown from Jim Hill. (Jury out on him).

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't know- Whitley, Smoot, Tommy Kelly has had a respectable NFL career, Eugene Clinton, Jason Husband, and now Fred Brown- there is some solid talent there. You just have to be willing to coach it.

Forgot Smoot was from Provine. Didn't know Clinton was JPS either. I loved the way Clinton played

chef dixon
10-20-2013, 06:12 PM

Nickoe
Quinton Culberson

Who else?

Yea its rare. Its just a different brand of football. Plus discipline and focus are issues. Not saying they can't produce some good players but most of the studs coming out of this state do not come from inside the city of Jackson.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 06:13 PM

Nickoe
Quinton Culberson

Who else?

Sleepy Robinson played at Wingfield. I think Tyrone Keys and Glen Collins were JPS guys. Kendall Watkins played at Provine as well. A school district that big is going to produce some talent. We may not be able to make a living recruiting their players, but there's always a few decent prospects.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Smoot and Tommy Kelly were from Provine.

Fred Brown from Jim Hill. (Jury out on him).

The jury is out on Brown because Dan won't play him probably because he got kicked out of the Alcorn game. I think he's pretty solid based on what I've seen- he catches the ball, has good length, and has swagger. In 2-3 years- I think he's a NFL prospect. I'm not going to sit here and say he should start- but he should definitely be in the rotation.

Todd4State
10-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Yea its rare. Its just a different brand of football. Plus discipline and focus are issues. Not saying they can't produce some good players but most of the studs coming out of this state do not come from inside the city of Jackson.

That's a problem at Madison Central too.

bully99
10-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Sounds like Malik dear is following papa and the rolling stone. He got three outside children and another wife ...and that ain't right

Bothrops
10-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I'd bet you that Dan Mullen hates recruiting more than any other coach. I can't blame him. Jackson should be a goldmine for football talent, but it's too screwed up.

bully99
10-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Bob Boyd and Emory Bellards ' downfall was both hated recruiting. Neither wanted to go into the backroads of the hither land and recruit. Boyd thought he was still at USC and great players would fall in his lap. Emory was just uncomfortable recruiting.

Coach34
10-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Bob Boyd and Emory Bellards ' downfall was both hated recruiting. Neither wanted to go into the backroads of the hither land and recruit. Boyd thought he was still at USC and great players would fall in his lap. Emory was just uncomfortable recruiting.

How bad was our basketball recruiting in the mid-80's? Bob Boyd did almost all of his recruiting by phone

FlabLoser
10-20-2013, 10:24 PM

The NCAA is toothless unless you turn yourself in and even then you get the punishment that you recommend.

They're all in.

We should be to. The basement of the SEC is determined by the apathy of the school's boosters. When our boosters wake up, we'll compete.

FlabLoser
10-20-2013, 10:26 PM

Bullshit. The risk is in doing nothing. It is riskier for a program to do nothing than it is to play the same crootin game that every other school is playing.

bully99
10-20-2013, 10:42 PM
The sad thing about Boyd and Bellard is they had two of the best minds in their sport. Bob Knight said at one time that Boyd was the best teacher in the college game.

MarketingBully01
10-21-2013, 01:16 AM
That's impressive. I have always liked Coach Knight. I know at one time or another he had some talented assistant coaches like Coach Williams, Coach Eustachy, and Coach Brady. We should have been more successful with all of those minds.