PDA

View Full Version : Softball

Cooterpoot
03-02-2019, 12:12 PM
I know most you guys don?t keep up with it, but you need to go see Mia Davidson. She?s one of the top hitters in softball. Hitting about .600 with 12 HRs.

ScoobaDawg
03-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Good stuff. They just have to be able to take the next step in competing in the SEC for more people to care. It gets old the same deal every year, really good in non conference... then fall flat in conference.

Cooterpoot
03-02-2019, 12:19 PM
We will never compete for a championship because we have no recruiting base in MS or high end travel ball. We aren’t athletic enough and lack top shelf pitching. Lineup is bottom half of the SEC outside a couple players.

MetEdDawg
03-02-2019, 12:37 PM
We will never compete for a championship because we have no recruiting base in MS or high end travel ball. We aren’t athletic enough and lack top shelf pitching. Lineup is bottom half of the SEC outside a couple players.

Not only does MS lack but the surrounding states don't at all. High school and travel softball here in Alabama is extremely healthy. They are always going to be solid programs.

MedDawg
03-02-2019, 01:05 PM
I know most you guys don?t keep up with it, but you need to go see Mia Davidson. She?s one of the top hitters in softball. Hitting about .600 with 12 HRs.

I believe State has the top two HR hitters in the NCAA and they both hit grand slams in the same game last week.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Good stuff. They just have to be able to take the next step in competing in the SEC for more people to care. It gets old the same deal every year, really good in non conference... then fall flat in conference.

It's kinda like football, to be better than 4th or 5th in the West you pretty much have to be a top 15 team pushing for a NY6 bowl. In Softball we can be borderline top 25 and all the casual followers like me won't tune in because we're still probably going to drop the series or get swept on any given weekend.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-02-2019, 01:56 PM
One Elite Pitcher in Fastpitch can take you from Bordeline top 25 to NC contender....

Cooterpoot
03-02-2019, 02:27 PM
One Elite Pitcher in Fastpitch can take you from Bordeline top 25 to NC contender....

College ball is getting away from one pitcher dominating. You'll need more than one now.