PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Marching in To Spring Edition

BeastMan
03-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Big weekend! Gonna try to fish a little Saturday. Big outdoor dawg congrats to Speck. I?ll pour a bourbon in
your honor!

BrunswickDawg
03-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Why are we honoring Speck? What did I miss?

SpeckleDawg
03-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Thanks Beast.

Just made it home last night with our new future bulldog, a 7lb 8oz baby girl. Eating some pre-made meals from my MIL this weekend, but may have a pour of van winkle in a bit.

BrunswickDawg
03-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Thanks Beast.

Just made it home last night with our new future bulldog, a 7lb 8oz baby girl. Eating some pre-made meals from my MIL this weekend, but may have a pour of van winkle in a bit.

Congrats Speck! Baby Girls change your life in many special ways. And, if you are lucky like me you raise them right enough to be a bulldog. Best to your bride as well.

SpeckleDawg
03-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Thanks Brunswick. It's certainly a different feeling with a girl. She's got an older brother that is all bulldog so far. We'll see how it goes for them both.

BeastMan
03-02-2019, 01:52 PM
A while back I had a few tomahawk ribeyes with ridiculous huge bones and I had to cut a 13lb Ribeye loin so I used the bones and scrap to make a homemade beef bone broth. Bones, trimmings, herbs, and a few veggies. Cooked it down for hours. I strained it a froze quarts of it. Well I broke out a frozen quart yesterday and made some beef and veggie soup and let me tell you... It was stoooopid good and I’m not really a soup guy. I’m thinking French onion next. The few times I’ve saved scrap bones to make a broth for soup it’s been really good

BeastMan
03-02-2019, 02:20 PM
Thanks Brunswick. It's certainly a different feeling with a girl. She's got an older brother that is all bulldog so far. We'll see how it goes for them both.

And I meant to respond to this yesterday. My little girl turned 1 in December. I grew up with no sisters and was nervous about how to deal with lil girls and she’s great. She’s different than my son but a lot of fun.

BeastMan
03-02-2019, 09:18 PM
We did live music dinner at Ga Blue and got kids in bed now. Founders all day ipa now. Didn’t get on water today and I’m
super bummed about it with the weather this week

BeardoMSU
03-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Thanks Beast.

Congrats man! Our daughter is 10 months now. It all flies by. Enjoy it, dude.

BeastMan
03-02-2019, 10:09 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/wxDbqWwz/8-DDF9147-3-C22-4889-AA99-A3-C97-C5-C6-DA0.jpg

Nightcap and congratulatory pour in Speck’s honor. Cheers y’all

Gutter Cobreh
03-03-2019, 12:10 AM
Thanks Beast.

Congrats Speckle! What a blessing! Having a daughter is awesome!!!

I'm in the same boat as Beast, in that I didn't grow up with sisters so I wasn't sure what raising a girl would entail. As luck would have it, she's a mini version of me so needless to say she has me wrapped...

SpeckleDawg
03-03-2019, 12:23 AM
Thanks all. Looking forward to the new adventure.