PDA

View Full Version : Senior night was awesome

basedog
03-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Made the game last night, but Vic having Senior's honored after the game was brilliant! Players have their mind on the game then Vic shows his love after the win with emotional speeches to the or with the seniors.

Man, Dansbury is just a freak, so smooth and cat quick. She has improved her overall game so much! She and Howard bring so much energy!

It's gonna be tough losing the seniors, we have talent coming back but nothing like the seniors we have now. It will be interesting to see Vic's coaching next year.

louisvilledawg
03-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Made the game last night, but Vic having Senior's honored after the game was brilliant! Players have their mind on the game then Vic shows his love after the win with emotional speeches to the or with the seniors.

Man, Dansbury is just a freak, so smooth and cat quick. She has improved her overall game so much! She and Howard bring so much energy!

It's gonna be tough losing the seniors, we have talent coming back but nothing like the seniors we have now. It will be interesting to see Vic's coaching next year.

Said the same thing last year. We'll be just fine.

I agree. These last two classes have made our program great.

fader2103
03-01-2019, 08:53 AM
I think we take a step back like South Carolina did this year. Still be competitive but not outstanding.

basedog
03-01-2019, 09:06 AM
It amazes me the energy Dansbury and Howard bring to this team. I think we will be a better outside shooting team next year, but no way to replace T.

Vic will have a statue in his honor one day! His intensity is insane but doesn't seem to upset the team nor its moral. He may gone down as Msu greatest Coach before he is done.

Nice crowd last night, seems the gray hairs brought a lot of the noise as I was sitting low and by the students. Just saying, LOL! Oh I ain't trying to start nothing but it's what I saw and heard.

Tbonewannabe
03-01-2019, 09:08 AM
I think we take a step back like South Carolina did this year. Still be competitive but not outstanding.

I agree but just want to point out that SCe can win a share of the SEC Championship on Sunday. I will take competing for the SEC every year if that is the step back. Vic has a lot of talent coming back along with the McDonald's All American coming in.

smootness
03-01-2019, 10:04 AM

Agreed. Which would be huge for the program, to remain a top 15-20ish team after losing all we have the last 2 years.

Next year we'll have potential, but it will be interesting how that potential turns into reality. Espinoza-Hunter has come on strong lately and looks like she could be a leader next year. If Bibby comes back healthy, that will be huge, she's obviously proven herself. Promise Taylor will give us an imposing presence down low; she won't replace McCowan, but she'll be a big part of next year's team. And Bre'Amber Scott is starting to really show some things.

Then after that, you have a lot of unknowns. Myah Taylor has been a bit player, she will need to step up. Xaria Wiggins and Jessika Carter both have talent but haven't been called on much. Then you have our recruiting class, which is really good. Rickea Jackson will probably be called on to be a key piece immediately, probably in the starting lineup. Jayla Hemingway and JaMya Young will probably play a good bit as well, especially if Taylor doesn't step up.

I view next year as kind of a 2015-2016 kind of year. We will have essentially no seniors, and a lot of our talent will be underclassmen (underclasswomen?). And the couple years after that look like they could be really, really good. But it may be more of a building year instead of a 'Let's go to the Final Four and see what we can do' year. We won't be a fun team to play, and I think we should be able to remain a top 4-5 seed in the Tournament, but I'm not sure we'll truly compete for championships next year. But the year after, watch out.

I see our rotation as something like this next year:
Myah Taylor (I think she has to start and step up, otherwise it'll be a freshman)
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Rickea Jackson
Chloe Bibby
Promise Taylor

That, again, has the potential to be a really good starting 5; I'm just not sure it'll be fully ready next year.

Then off the bench, probably about in this order:
Bre'Amber Scott
Jessika Carter
Xaria Wiggins
JaMya Young
Jayla Hemingway

TXDawg
03-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Any idea if they're going to post the senior video online? I was watching on SECN+. They showed the entire senior ceremony, but only had the camera on the video board for about the second half of the tribute video.

parabrave
03-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Any idea if they're going to post the senior video online? I was watching on SECN+. They showed the entire senior ceremony, but only had the camera on the video board for about the second half of the tribute video.

I watched it on Hadads Twitter feed.

Tbonewannabe
03-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Agreed. Which would be huge for the program, to remain a top 15-20ish team after losing all we have the last 2 years.

Next year we'll have potential, but it will be interesting how that potential turns into reality. Espinoza-Hunter has come on strong lately and looks like she could be a leader next year. If Bibby comes back healthy, that will be huge, she's obviously proven herself. Promise Taylor will give us an imposing presence down low; she won't replace McCowan, but she'll be a big part of next year's team. And Bre'Amber Scott is starting to really show some things.

Then after that, you have a lot of unknowns. Myah Taylor has been a bit player, she will need to step up. Xaria Wiggins and Jessika Carter both have talent but haven't been called on much. Then you have our recruiting class, which is really good. Rickea Jackson will probably be called on to be a key piece immediately, probably in the starting lineup. Jayla Hemingway and JaMya Young will probably play a good bit as well, especially if Taylor doesn't step up.

I view next year as kind of a 2015-2016 kind of year. We will have essentially no seniors, and a lot of our talent will be underclassmen (underclasswomen?). And the couple years after that look like they could be really, really good. But it may be more of a building year instead of a 'Let's go to the Final Four and see what we can do' year. We won't be a fun team to play, and I think we should be able to remain a top 4-5 seed in the Tournament, but I'm not sure we'll truly compete for championships next year. But the year after, watch out.

I see our rotation as something like this next year:
Myah Taylor (I think she has to start and step up, otherwise it'll be a freshman)
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Rickea Jackson
Chloe Bibby
Promise Taylor

That, again, has the potential to be a really good starting 5; I'm just not sure it'll be fully ready next year.

Then off the bench, probably about in this order:
Bre'Amber Scott
Jessika Carter
Xaria Wiggins
JaMya Young
Jayla Hemingway

Wasn't Myah Taylor supposed to be the best girls player from MS since Victoria? It seems like she had a good bit of hype. One thing about freshmen under Vic, they have to learn how to give 100% effort on defense or they don't play very much.

smootness
03-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Wasn't Myah Taylor supposed to be the best girls player from MS since Victoria? It seems like she had a good bit of hype. One thing about freshmen under Vic, they have to learn how to give 100% effort on defense or they don't play very much.

Yes, she was a big recruit. Not quite Vivians (or certainly not Rickea Jackson) big, but she was around 50 in the country. We do have to remember that she's a redshirt freshman with two seniors starting ahead of her. So her lack of minutes is not simply because she's not good enough. She hasn't shot well, but she's done ok in other areas. She still has plenty of potential.

basedog
03-01-2019, 12:01 PM

Both Taylor and Wiggins played good D last night. I really like Wiggins potential, she is long and tall. Carter moves well and needs to get stronger but all 3 freshmen will get better.

msbulldog
03-01-2019, 01:17 PM

3-Time Gatorade Player Of the Year, and she's shown some flashes this year.

fader2103
03-01-2019, 03:48 PM
For the recruiting gurus.... Are we expected to see any grad-transfers maybe a big to help down low? I don't know how the numbers look really

Scared_Hitless
03-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Big T is the only irreplaceable loss this season. I imagine Vic will have us right back in the SEC title race next season. With the way he is recruiting now it is a matter of time before he hits paydirt.

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 04:36 PM
I think all Senior nights should be moved to after the game. It's less of a distraction.

BhamDawg205
03-01-2019, 04:39 PM
?What you saw tonight, that?s what an SEC Championship team looks like.?

@CoachVic_MSU knows we?re blessed with this incredible group of girls.

#HailState🐶 https://t.co/hRPCgRxmtN

basedog
03-01-2019, 05:06 PM
?What you saw tonight, that?s what an SEC Championship team looks like.?

@CoachVic_MSU knows we?re blessed with this incredible group of girls.

#HailState�� https://t.co/hRPCgRxmtN

Class man indeed!

msbulldog
03-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Class man indeed!

Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!

TXDawg
03-01-2019, 10:37 PM
They just posted the video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/y_kC7GL1z_A