PDA

View Full Version : Ugly scenes in Oxford.....

Liverpooldawg
02-27-2019, 09:04 PM
LOVE IT!

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Will they set fire to the square?

Leeshouldveflanked
02-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Bad look for SEC Refs***

LC Dawg
02-27-2019, 09:08 PM
That charge was one of the few "controversial" calls SEC officials have gotten right this year so Kermit and the fans need to STFU and get over it.

DCdawg
02-27-2019, 09:10 PM
That charge was one of the few "controversial" calls SEC officials have gotten right this year so Kermit and the fans need to STFU and get over it.

Agreed on that specific call. OM may have gotten hosed all game (like State did against UK) but that call was right.

Liverpooldawg
02-27-2019, 09:10 PM

That was a charge for sure. Now on the other end the UT guy that made the game winner probabaly walked......but only because he got fouled. Neither was called.

Saltydog
02-27-2019, 09:11 PM
the UT defender there. Risky on UT's part though but it all worked out....

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 09:17 PM
That was a charge for sure. Now on the other end the UT guy that made the game winner probabaly walked......but only because he got fouled. Neither was called.

Yeah, he was being pushed. They were trying to push him out of bounds to get some time on the clock, hoping the foul woudn't be noticed.

MaroonFlounder
02-27-2019, 09:22 PM
The best comment I've seen on social media. "Those players are gonna be kneeling a lot while picking up all those cups"

MedDawg
02-27-2019, 09:30 PM
LOVE IT!

It's a tradition at OM to throw your drinks after home runs and bad losses.

Turfdawg67
02-27-2019, 09:54 PM
KD was a complete embarrassment... he's a wanna be Bobby Knight.

West Tn Dawg
02-27-2019, 10:14 PM
The best comment I've seen on social media. "Those players are gonna be kneeling a lot while picking up all those cups"

LOVE IT!

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 01:15 AM

LOVE IT!

Yea who gives a shit if Ole Miss has Klan rally's on campus the same day they have a basketball game what's really disrespectful for Ole Miss is to have black athletes silently protesting by kneeling.**

Jarius
02-28-2019, 06:20 AM
Yea who gives a shit if Ole Miss has Klan rally's on campus the same day they have a basketball game what's really disrespectful for Ole Miss is to have black athletes silently protesting by kneeling.**

Jesus

msudawg1200
02-28-2019, 06:53 AM
Bad look for SEC Refs***
The SEC, nor any other conference, has basketball officials. They have an assigner, but the officials themselves can work any conference. It’s not like it is in football.

hacker
02-28-2019, 07:38 AM
OM students get it**

msu15
02-28-2019, 08:36 AM

Man take your L and move on.

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2019, 09:08 AM

Both are disrespectful, and two faces of the same coin.

bluelightstar
02-28-2019, 09:25 AM
Both are disrespectful, and two faces of the same coin.

WT17? Kneeling is the other side of the coin of the freakin' Klan!?

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2019, 09:37 AM
WT17? Kneeling is the other side of the coin of the freakin' Klan!?

In a way it is. Think of the reaction they both provoke. Certainly from a violence standpoint there is no similarity. Both are disrespectful to this nation and and what it stands for. That last statement will be looked on in exactly the same way by the klan and the kneelers. Get what what I'm saying now? That's just me. I don't like either side.

basedog
02-28-2019, 09:45 AM
It's plain BS for kneeling during the National Anthem!! The NA isn't about race and those that say it's ok to kneeling probably want to take my gun away**

But whatever, it's not for me kneeling!

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 09:59 AM
It's plain BS for kneeling during the National Anthem!! The NA isn't about race and those that say it's ok to kneeling probably want to take my gun away**

But whatever, it's not for me kneeling!

It pisses off all the MAGA voters which is their point. Don't hold Klan rally's on their campus.

basedog
02-28-2019, 10:39 AM
It pisses off all the MAGA voters which is their point. Don't hold Klan rally's on their campus.

What? If it doesn't piss u off with kneeling then you don't understand the meaning of the NA. It isn't about race or even other counties. I'm not even talking about a damn Klan rally! So you are ok with kneeling during NA, hold my drink while I put my hand over my heart!

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 11:23 AM
What? If it doesn't piss u off with kneeling then you don't understand the meaning of the NA. It isn't about race or even other counties. I'm not even talking about a damn Klan rally! So you are ok with kneeling during NA, hold my drink while I put my hand over my heart!

I care more about people being treated equally in this country than about respecting the NA during sporting events.

basedog
02-28-2019, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;1077312]I care more about people being treated equally in this country than about respecting the NA during

Then why do you call Cohen a dickhead? You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 11:40 AM
Then why do you call Cohen a dickhead? You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

I'd call any AD a dickhead that has failed to fix the basketball atmosphere years into the job

Jarius
02-28-2019, 12:06 PM
I care more about people being treated equally in this country than about respecting the NA during sporting events.

Most people care more about honoring the people who give you the right to be an asshole during the national anthem than they care about whatever it is that you are protesting during the time everyone else is honoring them. But hey, that is why this country is great. You do not have to stand there and be respectful. You can go to the concession stand and walk around. You can yell go to hell Ole Miss in the middle of it. You can talk to your friend and not pay attention. You can do whatever you want, to include taking a knee and telling everyone to look at how important you are. However, If you are not standing there paying your respects you are an asshole whether you know it or not.

Duckdog
02-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Dawg61 will never get it.

Duckdog
02-28-2019, 02:22 PM
In a way it is. Think of the reaction they both provoke. Certainly from a violence standpoint there is no similarity. Both are disrespectful to this nation and and what it stands for. That last statement will be looked on in exactly the same way by the klan and the kneelers. Get what what I'm saying now? That's just me. I don't like either side.

I think both sides of that coin only see race and are only worried about their own

MadDawg
02-28-2019, 02:42 PM
Dawg61 will never get it.

As long as we allow people with hate in the heart to define us, we will continue to go down this path.

confucius say
02-28-2019, 02:44 PM

Are you saying the om players kneeling was about people not being treated equally? That would be news, bc the players explicitly said it was not about that. They said it was about protesting the march on campus which was to advocate preservation of confederate statues.

Not all kneeling is for the same purpose, apparently.

shannondawg
02-28-2019, 03:34 PM
It seems to me that someone that wears rebs on his shirt, jersey or cap or what have you would be all for protesting the tearing down of confederate statues.

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Are you saying the om players kneeling was about people not being treated equally? That would be news, bc the players explicitly said it was not about that. They said it was about protesting the march on campus which was to advocate preservation of confederate statues.

Not all kneeling is for the same purpose, apparently.

Having confederate losers protesting outside the arena is a form of being treated unfairly. Would Ole Miss allow Nazi's to protest outside the stadium or ISIS supporters protest outside the stadium? No they wouldn't.

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 04:42 PM
It seems to me that someone that wears rebs on his shirt, jersey or cap or what have you would be all for protesting the tearing down of confederate statues.

If you asked all the players they probably would prefer a different name besides Ole Miss and Rebels. Does that mean they shouldn't take advantage of being offered an SEC scholarship because they don't agree with the name of the school?

RougeDawg
02-28-2019, 04:47 PM
Having confederate losers protesting outside the arena is a form of being treated unfairly. Would Ole Miss allow Nazi's to protest outside the stadium or ISIS supporters protest outside the stadium? No they wouldn't.

You need to toss the dictionary you are using for the terms ?equal? and ?unfairly? eithe rthat ornyou need years of reading comprehension training.

OM is a government funded institution. How can a government funded institution prohibit freedom of expression? You believe OM willingly allowed the Klan rally? Seriously? That tells me all I need to know about your comprehension andnoersoective. It?s total shit and based upon false premise. Therefore your thoughts are false and irrelevant to reality.

Originally the 1st amendment prevented the federal government from stopping speech. Over the years Supreme Court rulings have gradually set precedent that now applies this to state and local government institutions, from preventing freedom of expression.

It saddens me that far too many know far too little about the civics of this nation. I always wondered how a guy who said he despised America and it?s growth to the worlds leading nation in his book, was ever elected president. In The same book this former president claimed then United States was illegitimate. It?s mind boggling they were elected even once. This one was actually re elected because most people are brain dead.

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 05:03 PM
You need to toss the dictionary you are using for the terms ?equal? and ?unfairly? eithe rthat ornyou need years of reading comprehension training.

OM is a government funded institution. How can a government funded institution prohibit freedom of expression? You believe OM willingly allowed the Klan rally? Seriously? That tells me all I need to know about your comprehension andnoersoective. It?s total shit and based upon false premise. Therefore your thoughts are false and irrelevant to reality.

Originally the 1st amendment prevented the federal government from stopping speech. Over the years Supreme Court rulings have gradually set precedent that now applies this to state and local government institutions, from preventing freedom of expression.

It saddens me that far too many know far too little about the civics of this nation. I always wondered how a guy who said he despised America and it?s growth to the worlds leading nation in his book, was ever elected president. In The same book this former president claimed then United States was illegitimate. It?s mind boggling they were elected even once. This one was actually re elected because most people are brain dead.

Cool completely botched paragraph dawg. I didn't see Ole Miss putting up much of a fight to keep the racists off their campus. I think some silent kneeling is to be expected. Whiny MAGA voters crying about it is also to be expected. That's the point of the kneeling. Reveal the supporters that care more about respecting a song written in 1814 than about how black students would feel about having racists protesting on their campus.

confucius say
02-28-2019, 05:18 PM

Wow. If being near stupid protesters is being treated unfairly, all of us have been treated unfairly at some point.

Double wow. You think a public university can prevent a lawful, peaceful protest in its city? Read a civics book.

Triple wow. You think the players were mad at the university for allowing the protest? No. They were mad at the protesters for protesting.

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Double wow. You think a public university can prevent a lawful, peaceful protest in its city? Read a civics book.

I think a school full of lawyers can figure out a way to make it a pain in the ass for the protesters to the point they just take their protest elsewhere. Especially since the protesting paints the school in a negative light. Read a book though.

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2019, 07:16 PM

Actually they would have to give them the same exact privileges they did to the klan. There is no "let" involved.

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Cool completely botched paragraph dawg. I didn't see Ole Miss putting up much of a fight to keep the racists off their campus. I think some silent kneeling is to be expected. Whiny MAGA voters crying about it is also to be expected. That's the point of the kneeling. Reveal the supporters that care more about respecting a song written in 1814 than about how black students would feel about having racists protesting on their campus.

You need to read a civics book. Seriously. Find one from jr high.

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 07:57 PM
You need to read a civics book. Seriously. Find one from jr high.

Take it to the supreme court. I'm pretty confident Ole Miss would win if they didn't want racists protesting on their campus giving them horrible exposure. Never know though with the SC slanted so far right atm.

DownwardDawg
02-28-2019, 08:21 PM

I'm proud to say that I'm a MAGA voter! I support President Trump 100%. I'm neither whiny, or racist. I hate racism but I also hate protesters. I have since I was a kid. Stop stereotyping all of us.

QuadrupleOption
02-28-2019, 09:34 PM
Well this thing went off the rails quick.

Mods, can this be moved to the political board?

Goldendawg
02-28-2019, 09:40 PM
Explain this. As I stated in another thread last night, the same players who took a knee Sat to protest a bunch of "CSA" protesters, played last night on a court marked "Ole Miss" at center court in gray uniforms with "Rebels" across their chest. Lot of irony there.

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 12:56 AM
Take it to the supreme court. I'm pretty confident Ole Miss would win if they didn't want racists protesting on their campus giving them horrible exposure. Never know though with the SC slanted so far right atm.

I'm absolutely certain you are wrong. This was argued and settled long ago by the Supreme Court. Again, find a civics book. Ever heard of Skokie, Illinois? Heck just watch the dang Blues Brothers movie.

Dawg61
03-01-2019, 01:09 AM
I'm absolutely certain you are wrong. This was argued and settled long ago by the Supreme Court. Again, find a civics book. Ever heard of Skokie, Illinois? Heck just watch the dang Blues Brothers movie.

Past doesn't always equal present in court. Why's it so important to you?

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 01:54 AM

Because it is existential to the Untied States to protect speech that you think is dead wrong and shouldn't be allowed. When that right is gone, so is this Republic. The argument you are making sends waves of fear down my spine.

Dawg61
03-01-2019, 02:31 AM
Because it is existential to the Untied States to protect speech that you think is dead wrong and shouldn't be allowed. When that right is gone, so is this Republic. The argument you are making sends waves of fear down my spine.

Plenty of other places in this country to spew hate speech on besides universities with thousands of black students that attend it. Care more about them than where losers get to be blowhards at.

timotheus
03-01-2019, 06:57 AM
The university campuses around this country is exactly where students are being taught a snowflake mentality. Our free speech rights allow citizens to be as opinionated as they desire and when these rights are torn away, the republic suffers. I didn't say that I agree totally with either extreme in this case but free speech should be allowed and not censored as some in our country would like.

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Plenty of other places in this country to spew hate speech on besides universities with thousands of black students that attend it. Care more about them than where losers get to be blowhards at.

I've seen what you are saying before. We are headed to dark times. What you are saying is these people and what they are saying are offensive and they shouldn't be allowed in public view in certian places. You do realize that that is EXACTLY the same logic and line of think the Klan, and far to many others, uses in their arguements don't you?

Dawg61
03-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Since it's so sacred to you that the Klan be allowed to promote racism on Ole Miss campus how about you not cry about black students showing their silent protest back towards it. Nope. Can't even do that.

Lord McBuckethead
03-01-2019, 09:32 AM
OM students get it**

Best post of the year...so far.

Duckdog
03-01-2019, 10:13 AM

AMEN, and people that don't understand this are simple minded idiots. They must love a slippery slope

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Since it's so sacred to you that the Klan be allowed to promote racism on Ole Miss campus how about you not cry about black students showing their silent protest back towards it. Nope. Can't even do that.

You seriously don't see the difference between deploring something and wanting to ban it by law do you? I hate the Klan much worse than I dislike what the kneelers are doing. What you are advocating is EXACTLY the same thing the white supremacists did when they banned blacks from the Ole Miss Campus. It's the EXACT same line of thinking. You do NOT have the right not to be exposed to things you don't like. NOBODY should EVER have that right. If they do then this Republic is dead.

Dawg61
03-01-2019, 12:48 PM
You seriously don't see the difference between deploring something and wanting to ban it by law do you? I hate the Klan much worse than I dislike what the kneelers are doing. What you are advocating is EXACTLY the same thing the white supremacists did when they banned blacks from the Ole Miss Campus. It's the EXACT same line of thinking. You do NOT have the right not to be exposed to things you don't like. NOBODY should EVER have that right. If they do then this Republic is dead.

It's not the end of the republic bruh. I believe Ole Miss has a case now to stop groups like this from protesting on their campus when it hurts the schools image so much. Vanderbilt, a private university, can keep these groups off and I think a major university like Ole Miss now has the legal case to keep them off as well. You disagree. Fine, leave it at that and drop this stupid shit already or PM me if you'd like to continue arguing why racists shouldn't be allowed to protest on Ole Miss campus in 2019 anymore.

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 03:31 PM
It's not the end of the republic bruh. I believe Ole Miss has a case now to stop groups like this from protesting on their campus when it hurts the schools image so much. Vanderbilt, a private university, can keep these groups off and I think a major university like Ole Miss now has the legal case to keep them off as well. You disagree. Fine, leave it at that and drop this stupid shit already or PM me if you'd like to continue arguing why racists shouldn't be allowed to protest on Ole Miss campus in 2019 anymore.

You are seriously areguing that a public university should be allowed to ban viewpoints it doesn't like. That is unreal, and unbelievable.

It is EXACTLY the arguement that Ole Miss used to ban those it didn't like in the past. I guess the sacrifices of those who broke that are in vain.

Dawg61
03-01-2019, 04:23 PM
You are seriously areguing that a public university should be allowed to ban viewpoints it doesn't like. That is unreal, and unbelievable.

It is EXACTLY the arguement that Ole Miss used to ban those it didn't like in the past. I guess the sacrifices of those who broke that are in vain.

Banning viewpoints is impossible and not what I said at all potato. Again drop this stupid thread already or PM me if you wanna continue arguing why a major university with a sizable black student and faculty population might wanna start fighting a little harder to keep racist protestors off their campus.

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Banning viewpoints is impossible and not what I said at all potato. Again drop this stupid thread already or PM me if you wanna continue arguing why a major university with a sizable black student and faculty population might wanna start fighting a little harder to keep racist protestors off their campus.
Bannng them from campus is banning their viewpoints on that campus. I actually agree with you. I wish they could be kicked off and not allowed back. But for us to remain our Republic, they can't. It's fundamental.

Keep digging that hole. Perhaps you should take it to he Supreme Court.
I don't do PM.

confucius say
03-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Bannng them from campus is banning their viewpoints on that campus. I actually agree with you. I wish they could be kicked off and not allowed back. But for us to remain our Republic, they can't. It's fundamental.

Keep digging that hole. Perhaps you should take it to he Supreme Court.
I don't do PM.

I know you know this, but it has been taken to scotus numerous times. Scotus is fond of the first amendment.

ScoobaDawg
03-01-2019, 08:09 PM

Why are you a damn idiot who ruins any thread. You just don't learn....

I seen it dawg
03-01-2019, 08:48 PM
And he's not the only one