PDA

View Full Version : OM students get it

Big4Dawg
02-27-2019, 08:44 PM
Great crowd vs UT tonight. Our team should be very jealous.

Renardo Sidney
02-27-2019, 08:46 PM
Noticed that as well while streaming the end of their game. Would really like to see that energy in the Hump

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 08:49 PM
We'd have a good crowd too if we were playing Tennessee. I think.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-27-2019, 08:57 PM
Ole Miss Students get sideline seats 3/4 around court... ours get stuck behind goal on one end.
Ole Miss also has good food options, modern arena with modern amenities and WiFi that works....

Turfdawg67
02-27-2019, 08:57 PM
17 OM and their fans.

CadaverDawg
02-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Ha their fans look like shit now for throwing shit on the court

Quaoarsking
02-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think our team has anything to be jealous of

basedog
02-27-2019, 09:06 PM
17 OM and their fans.

+1

Liverpooldawg
02-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Ole Miss Students get sideline seats 3/4 around court... ours get stuck behind goal on one end.
Ole Miss also has good food options, modern arena with modern amenities and WiFi that works....

My guess is the SEC may make them change that after what just happened. That was ugly.

RougeDawg
02-27-2019, 09:10 PM
Ha their fans look like shit now for throwing shit on the court

They just wanted to solidify the correct stereotypes anyone with half a brain has about them.

LC Dawg
02-27-2019, 09:12 PM
My guess is the SEC may make them change that after what just happened. That was ugly.
Yeah. I had that same thought. Those idiots may have screwed themselves out of those seats. They threw a lot of shit on the court and probably acted pretty stupid doing it.

Homedawg
02-27-2019, 09:15 PM
On what was the correct call.

I seen it dawg
02-27-2019, 09:19 PM
**** those shitbirds

fader2103
02-27-2019, 09:21 PM
The refs missed a call a the end of the game............

Should of teed up Kermit

BeardoMSU
02-27-2019, 09:22 PM
Look away, look away...

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 09:22 PM

Not so sure. They could have thrown things on the floor regardless of where they were sitting. They should be fined for doing it though, just like rushing the field in FB gets a fine.

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 09:23 PM

Should of teed up Kermit

They did. If you're talking about when he threw his jacket.

Commercecomet24
02-27-2019, 10:13 PM
On what was the correct call.

Exactly and there was absolutely no question that was a charge. That place is trash along with their fanbase.

Doggie_Style
02-27-2019, 10:20 PM

Jealous of what...fans throwing red cups reeking of cheap whiskey and cough syrup on the floor after losing followig a good call by the official....screw ole miss

Todd4State
02-27-2019, 10:34 PM

At a minimum the SEC should fine them. And 17 Sankey for making us have to meet with him and Ole Miss after the Egg Bowl because it's not MSU that is the problem. Actions like this should make this obvious.

Goldendawg
02-27-2019, 10:55 PM
Let me see if I understand this. The team that protested some CSA defenders last game, got beat in their gray uni's with "Rebels" across their chests tonight, right, by TN Volunteers in orange? On, never mind.*****

LC Dawg
02-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Let me see if I understand this. The team that protested some CSA defenders last game, got beat in their gray uni's with "Rebels" across their chests tonight, right, by TN Volunteers in orange? On, never mind.*****

Excellent post!

msu15
02-27-2019, 11:01 PM

Anyone that cares about WiFi working at a game is a loser.

Goldendawg
02-27-2019, 11:06 PM
BTW, know why AU, TN, and Fl wear orange? They can hunt in it on Sat, go to church in it on Sun, and pick up trash for their state's Dept of Corrections on Mon. Hail State!

TXDawg
02-28-2019, 12:05 AM
We'd have a good crowd too if we were playing Tennessee. I think.

Not on a Wednesday night. That?s a church night **

DeputyDawg94
02-28-2019, 01:49 AM
Until the students get moved closer to the court like they were in the past I don’t think the Hump will make a complete comeback.

Rayburn8
02-28-2019, 01:56 AM
At a minimum the SEC should fine them. And 17 Sankey for making us have to meet with him and Ole Miss after the Egg Bowl because it's not MSU that is the problem. Actions like this should make this obvious.

Listen I?m all for an Ole Miss hate train, but didn?t we do this in 2010 against Kentucky.

Hell, people threw things on the court after Kentucky thisb year.

Liverpooldawg
02-28-2019, 09:13 AM
Listen I?m all for an Ole Miss hate train, but didn?t we do this in 2010 against Kentucky.

Hell, people threw things on the court after Kentucky thisb year.

Not like that. There was one thing thrown after that Kentucky game. It was raining cups and whatever was in them up there last night. Kermit instigated the whole thing by what he did over a CORRECT call that went against him. It WAS a charge. The replay clearly showed that.

bluelightstar
02-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Not like that. There was one thing thrown after that Kentucky game. It was raining cups and whatever was in them up there last night. Kermit instigated the whole thing by what he did over a CORRECT call that went against him. It WAS a charge. The replay clearly showed that.

This is somewhat revisionist history.I was a student and remember it being pretty bad. We were on ESPN after that UK game, and Byrne had to address it in his weekly newsletter: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/mississippi-state-ad-issues-statement/.

basedog
02-28-2019, 09:32 AM
I do think Kermit was the cause, he did apologize at his press conference. When he sees the tape he will know the truth, as will the Sec but I'm sure nothing will be done.

Btw, all the replaying of video for the officials has gotten way out of hand imo. It's every damn sport which prolongs the games, I hate it as again way way way too damn many reviews!

BiscuitEater
02-28-2019, 09:41 AM

Nope. Jealous of this .. ???

Rebels coach Kermit Davis threw his jacket to the ground in protest and was given a technical foul. Williams hit one of two free throws to clinch the game.
After the officials signaled that the game was over, Ole Miss fans began showering the floor with drinks, shirts, shakers and other trash.
At least two Tennessee players -- guard Lamonte Turner and forward D.J. Burns -- were hit in the face with objects thrown by fans.
Turner raised his right fist in the air and looked toward the Ole Miss student section as he exited the floor and was struck in the face with an object before walking through the tunnel toward the Vols' locker room. Burns was hit in the face with a red shirt as he left the floor. He unfolded the shirt and held it toward the Ole Miss students as he walked through the tunnel under fans.

Wouldn't be shocked if SEC forces OM to move students so that opponents don't have to go to lockers under students.

Jack Lambert
02-28-2019, 09:44 AM
Look away, look away...

Look away look away Dixie Cups.

TALL DAWG
02-28-2019, 10:01 AM
Should of teed up Kermit

LOL. I watched the replay 3 times of the last bucket Williams made and charging call at end of game. My 53 yr young eyes told me...refs got BOTH calls correct.

TrapGame
02-28-2019, 10:43 AM
I ain't jealous of shit.

**** them!

Dawg2003
02-28-2019, 11:06 AM
It makes sense. OM is desperate for anything positive in their sports programs. They have a new coach. Even if it is a middling basketball team that will probably be a 9 seed and get bounced the first weekend of the tourney. Our fans aren't as desperate for positivity in sports.

Commercecomet24
02-28-2019, 11:11 AM
I ain't jealous of shit.

**** them!

Very Well Said, Brother!

Rep given!

sleepy dawg
02-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Their fans and especially the students showed up and supported their team. Ole Miss fans will always be sh*tty people who will resort to childish behavior when push comes to shove.
Still, there is no doubt their fan base is supporting their team more than we are ours as a whole while we are a better team in basketball... That is a day that I never thought I would see, no matter how anything else is spun or what other excuses are made. For as good as we are (20 Net, 21 RPI, projected 6 seed), we have the least amount of fan support in the SEC.

As an aside about students vs. fans and alumni support and which one follows the other; they are both important and either can take the lead, and both will feed off of each other. They both contribute to right now, but the alumni are the present and past and the students are the present and future. If the alumni don't care now, then it won't affect us too much longer. But if the students don't care now, then who ever will again? The present lies in both of hands though. Neither is doing a good enough job to point the finger at the other, but their roles are different in what they can bring to the table.

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 01:57 AM
This is somewhat revisionist history.I was a student and remember it being pretty bad. We were on ESPN after that UK game, and Byrne had to address it in his weekly newsletter: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/mississippi-state-ad-issues-statement/.

I was there. I saw what happened. It was one or two. We made Sportscenter because the UK coach decided to make a big issue about it in the press.

smootness
03-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Here's the SportsCenter highlight, and they don't mention it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUU8mi_RAA

Ari Gold
03-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Until the students get moved closer to the court like they were in the past I don’t think the Hump will make a complete comeback.

Students have 1/4 of the lower bowl... ( 5 sections)

Liverpooldawg
03-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Students have 1/4 of the lower bowl... ( 5 sections)

Yep. My entire 25 years a season ticket holder were spent in seats like they have. They are great seats. The "students have bad seats" narrative is pure BS.