PDA

View Full Version : Combine Measurements

BorneDawg
02-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Seen Jenkins and Calhoun measurements. Where was Fitz? Looked like they were putting positions together saw several QB's but didn't see his.....

BorneDawg
02-27-2019, 11:18 AM
Sorry I was looking at Charles Robinson on Twitter

hacker
02-27-2019, 01:32 PM
I seen it too but I think Fitz is tomorrow per the schedule

Jack Lambert
02-27-2019, 04:26 PM
How do they decide who goes to the Combine?

hacker
02-28-2019, 10:02 AM
Kyler is 5'10" 207

Haven't seen Fitz yet

msstate7
02-28-2019, 10:12 AM
Kyler is 5'10" 207

Haven't seen Fitz yet

Kyler much stockier than I thought

smootness
02-28-2019, 10:22 AM
Kyler much stockier than I thought

I think he's added some weight since the end of the season. But he's taller than some feared with bigger hands than most assumed. Still not quite as tall as Russell Wilson, and his hands are much smaller than Wilson's, but Wilson is close to the top of the scale there.

The bottom line is that none of this should matter much. Kyler Murray is an incredible football player. I would take him #1 overall and wouldn't think twice about it.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 10:39 AM
I think he's added some weight since the end of the season. But he's taller than some feared with bigger hands than most assumed. Still not quite as tall as Russell Wilson, and his hands are much smaller than Wilson's, but Wilson is close to the top of the scale there.

The bottom line is that none of this should matter much. Kyler Murray is an incredible football player. I would take him #1 overall and wouldn't think twice about it.

Taking him #1 is a ballsy move. If he doesn't pan out and Rosen does, that's a move that gets you fired. I'd take bosa and give Rosen another year. If Rosen sucks again, they'll suck and be able to draft fromm

smootness
02-28-2019, 10:47 AM
Taking him #1 is a ballsy move. If he doesn't pan out and Rosen does, that's a move that gets you fired. I'd take bosa and give Rosen another year. If Rosen sucks again, they'll suck and be able to draft fromm

I'd take Murray and trade Rosen. Or trade out of #1 if I'm sold on Rosen (which I, personally, am absolutely not).

But Murray is the best player in the draft.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 10:58 AM
I'd take Murray and trade Rosen. Or trade out of #1 if I'm sold on Rosen (which I, personally, am absolutely not).

I disagree. Bosa is the best player. He's a freak

Cary Hudson's little bro
02-28-2019, 11:06 AM
Rosen will be a great QB - Murray may win out bc owners want to make money off the field too, but Kliff would be more fun with mUrray over Rosen

hacker
02-28-2019, 11:16 AM
141. #MississippiState QB Nick Fitzgerald
Height: 6-4 5/8
Weight: 226
Hand: 9 6/8
Arm: 31 7/8
Wingspan: 75 5/8

msudawglb
02-28-2019, 11:22 AM

9 6/8 ? That's some ole miss measuring there.

Commercecomet24
02-28-2019, 11:23 AM

Lmbo!!! No math phd's at the combine!

msstate7
02-28-2019, 11:24 AM

Drives me nuts. Apparently they don't have confidence that nfl executives know that 3/4 is more than 5/8. Gotta keep it simple for them

Commercecomet24
02-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Drives me nuts. Apparently they don't have confidence that nfl executives know that 3/4 is more than 5/8. Gotta keep it simple for them

Yep!

msudawglb
02-28-2019, 11:27 AM

Fitz is taller with a slightly bigger hand than Haskins, but Haskins has longer arms and wingspan.

Haskins numbers:

Height: 6-3 3/8
Weight: 231
Hand: 9 5/8
Arm: 33 1/2
Wingspan: 79 1/2

Commercecomet24
02-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Interesting to see how much bigger Daks hands are than Fitz or Haskins. Dak has some massive hands at 10 7/8.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Interesting to see how much bigger Daks hands are than Fitz or Haskins. Dak has some massive hands at 10 7/8.

Strange that dak had fumble issues this year with those massive hands. Isn't that the reasoning behind wanting big hands?

Commercecomet24
02-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Strange that dak had fumble issues this year with those massive hands. Isn't that the reasoning behind wanting big hands?

Yeah but I think it was because he got hit so much. He got hit more than any qb in the nfl so that may be more the reason for the fumbles, law of averages. He's lucky he didn't get killed this past year.

smootness
02-28-2019, 11:42 AM

It's easier to sort and compare when the denominator stays the same.

smootness
02-28-2019, 11:43 AM

It also gives you more control over the football...leads to more consistent throws, increased accuracy, less wobbling, etc.

smootness
02-28-2019, 11:43 AM
I disagree. Bosa is the best player. He's a freak

Bosa's great, but I meant best in terms of combining talent and impact on the game. Murray is an absolute freak of an athlete with an incredible arm.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 11:48 AM
Bosa's great, but I meant best in terms of combining talent and impact on the game. Murray is an absolute freak of an athlete with an incredible arm.

Bosa is pretty much a lock to be a great de. Murray could be great, but he could be RG3 too

smootness
02-28-2019, 11:56 AM
Bosa is pretty much a lock to be a great de. Murray could be great, but he could be RG3 too

I just disagree. Bosa could bust, and I think Murray is clearly a better talent than RGIII. RGIII was never a great passer, he was a runner first. Murray is much more like Russell Wilson, who uses his athleticism to buy himself some time and then throw frozen ropes.

Dawg61
02-28-2019, 12:03 PM
To me it depends on what you get in return for Rosen. If you get Antonio Brown and you can then draft Murray it's a no-brainer. Rosen wasn't impressive last year.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 12:09 PM
I just disagree. Bosa could bust, and I think Murray is clearly a better talent than RGIII. RGIII was never a great passer, he was a runner first. Murray is much more like Russell Wilson, who uses his athleticism to buy himself some time and then throw frozen ropes.

Maybe, I just haven't saw him pass against a really good defense. Bama was the best he saw, and he put up a 139 passer rating against them. Fromm and Lawrence did better vs Bama. Mayfield at least showed he was good vs the really good: auburn, ohio st, and Georgia (much better defense than Murray has saw). I think Murray is more lottery ticket than sure bet

smootness
02-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Maybe, I just haven't saw him pass against a really good defense. Bama was the best he saw, and he put up a 139 passer rating against them. Fromm and Lawrence did better vs Bama. Mayfield at least showed he was good vs the really good: auburn, ohio st, and Georgia (much better defense than Murray has saw). I think Murray is more lottery ticket than sure bet

Murray's QBR vs. Bama - 67.7
Mayfield's QBR vs. UGA - 52.0

They both did well, not super great, in those games. And Murray ran 17 times for 109 yards and a TD on Bama. Mayfield had 1 rushing yard.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 12:22 PM
Murray's QBR vs. Bama - 67.7
Mayfield's QBR vs. UGA - 52.0

They both did well, not super great, in those games. And Murray ran 17 times for 109 yards and a TD on Bama. Mayfield had 1 rushing yard.

You drafting kyler to run em?

Smoot, my man, you know those Bama stats for kyler are bad inflated. At 28-0 Bama, this is Murray's stat line:

1-5 (.200) 18 yds 0 td 0 int
3 rushes. 8 yds (2.7 per)

Think Bama relaxed a little after that?

sleepy dawg
02-28-2019, 12:24 PM

108/12 195/260

smootness
02-28-2019, 12:26 PM
You drafting kyler to run em?

Smoot, my man, you know those Bama stats for kyler are bad inflated. At 28-0 Bama, this is Murray's stat line:

1-5 (.200) 18 yds 0 td 0 int
3 rushes. 8 yds (2.7 per)

Think Bama relaxed a little after that?

I'm not basing any of this on one game. Mayfield is great, and Murray is great. The Browns were right to take Mayfield 1st overall, and that's what someone should do with Murray.

Murray is the closest thing I've seen to Vick all-around, and he appears to have a better grasp of the passing game and a better head on his shoulders than Vick did at that age.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 12:37 PM
I'm not basing any of this on one game. Mayfield is great, and Murray is great. The Browns were right to take Mayfield 1st overall, and that's what someone should do with Murray.

Murray is the closest thing I've seen to Vick all-around, and he appears to have a better grasp of the passing game and a better head on his shoulders than Vick did at that age.

If I know anything about sports, it's that I can take a SSS and determine a whole player's career with it. I'm extremely gifted haha

Percho
02-28-2019, 02:26 PM

You mean like 9 9/8? That a big sucker, there!

Ifyouonlyknew
02-28-2019, 03:31 PM

Saban also had a month to prepare for Kyler & only a week for Fromm & Lawrence. That makes a big difference.

fishwater99
02-28-2019, 03:45 PM

Put down the crack pipe. Murray won't be able to run in the NFL and can't see over the line to throw well enough in the NFL.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-28-2019, 04:11 PM
Put down the crack pipe. Murray won't be able to run in the NFL and can't see over the line to throw well enough in the NFL.

Kyler may not succeed in the NFL but it won't be because he's too short to throw.

RiverCityDawg
02-28-2019, 09:16 PM

He had no problems in college and he's only a half inch shorter than Russell Wilson who has no problems in the NFL. His height will not be an issue.

msstate7
02-28-2019, 09:26 PM
He had no problems in college and he's only a half inch shorter than Russell Wilson who has no problems in the NFL. His height will not be an issue.

I don't think height will be too much of an issue for kyler, but I don't get that just bc Russell does it, kyler can too. Russell is sorta it when it comes to successful nfl QBs under 6'

fishwater99
02-28-2019, 11:29 PM
I don't think height will be too much of an issue for kyler, but I don't get that just bc Russell does it, kyler can too. Russell is sorta it when it comes to successful nfl QBs under 6'

I think he is the only QB under 6 feet in the NFL.

smootness
03-01-2019, 12:09 AM
I think he is the only QB under 6 feet in the NFL.

Give me the ones at major colleges. The issue has far more to do with them not getting chances to begin with than not being capable.

The record of 1st round QBs 6'0" and under drafted highly is actually better than that of QBs 6'6"+.

Height isn't nothing, but it isn't much so long as you have other traits. Mobility, accuracy, quick release, ability to read defenses...these are all much more important than height.

msstate7
03-01-2019, 07:08 AM
The cardinals have a chance to add bosa on the other side of chandler jones. They already have Corey peters (NT), josh bynes (lb), swearinger (s), Baker (s), and Patrick Peterson (cb). Jones, peters, bynes, swearinger, baker, and Peterson all rate above average to elite (Peterson) on PFF. Adding bosa could turn this defense into a really good unit.

Tbonewannabe
03-01-2019, 09:19 AM
The cardinals have a chance to add bosa on the other side of chandler jones. They already have Corey peters (NT), josh bynes (lb), swearinger (s), Baker (s), and Patrick Peterson (cb). Jones, peters, bynes, swearinger, baker, and Peterson all rate above average to elite (Peterson) on PFF. Adding bosa could turn this defense into a really good unit.

Interesting about the Cardinals defense, do they give Kimdeechee an extension? He has been hurt and fairly average when he does play. Tunsil is the only one of those guys that has lived up to being a first round pick.

smootness
03-01-2019, 09:24 AM

Trade Rosen to bolster the defense, draft Murray.

msstate7
03-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Trade Rosen to bolster the defense, draft Murray.

Draft bosa and trade 2nd for antonio brown

smootness
03-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Draft bosa and trade 2nd for antonio brown

It's more important to get QB right than anything else.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Deion Calhoun looks small compared to other OL’s

RiverCityDawg
03-01-2019, 10:50 AM

Point is if you have all the other traits and skills necessary to do it, it's been shown that lack of height doesn't preclude you from being a high level NFL QB. My post was in response to someone saying he wouldn't be able to see over the line in the NFL, which is just ignorant.

Would I rather have 6-5 than 5-10 all things being equal? Of course, but teams repeatedly pick the wrong guy by going for tall a QB that passes the eye test but hasn't actually shown that he can lead a team and win. Between the two, I'll take my chances with the guy that has actually done it, not the one that looks like Elway but hasn't done shit.

Tbonewannabe
03-01-2019, 11:53 AM
Point is if you have all the other traits and skills necessary to do it, it's been shown that lack of height doesn't preclude you from being a high level NFL QB. My post was in response to someone saying he wouldn't be able to see over the line in the NFL, which is just ignorant.

Would I rather have 6-5 than 5-10 all things being equal? Of course, but teams repeatedly pick the wrong guy by going for tall a QB that passes the eye test but hasn't actually shown that he can lead a team and win. Between the two, I'll take my chances with the guy that has actually done it, not the one that looks like Elway but hasn't done shit.

How much difference in pass trajectory is there between 5'10" and 6'2"? I realize there would be a point that 6'5" Dline like Chris Jones would be knocking down a lot of passes, I am not sure if Kyler Murray is that short. His mobility moving in and out of the pocket helps a lot with that. Murray also has that experience similar to Mahomes from playing baseball so maybe can throw at a lot of different arm slots.

smootness
03-01-2019, 12:07 PM
How much difference in pass trajectory is there between 5'10" and 6'2"? I realize there would be a point that 6'5" Dline like Chris Jones would be knocking down a lot of passes, I am not sure if Kyler Murray is that short. His mobility moving in and out of the pocket helps a lot with that. Murray also has that experience similar to Mahomes from playing baseball so maybe can throw at a lot of different arm slots.

Interestingly, in each of the last 7 years, the NFL leader in passes tipped was a QB at least 6'3". The data suggests that taller, more immobile QBs actually have their passes tipped more often than smaller, more mobile QBs. Which makes sense.

msstate7
03-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Interestingly, in each of the last 7 years, the NFL leader in passes tipped was a QB at least 6'3". The data suggests that taller, more immobile QBs actually have their passes tipped more often than smaller, more mobile QBs. Which makes sense.

Wonder if the offense has to accommodate for a shorter qb... roll outs, deeper drops, and sign shorter tackles

smootness
03-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Wonder if the offense has to accommodate for a shorter qb... roll outs, deeper drops, and sign shorter tackles

Russell Wilson definitely drops deep and rolls out frequently. But I would imagine he drops deep in about the same amount of time a guy like Brock Osweiler takes his normal drop.

Just like a team with a huge statue probably has to accommodate.

msstate7
03-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Oklahoma st rb, justice hill is impressive. 4.40 40, 40" vertical, 10' 10" broad jump... all best among RBs

msstate7
03-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Interesting article on your boy, smoot. Charlie casserly has some bad comments on kyler

https://thebiglead.com/2019/03/05/charley-casserly-kyler-murray-leadership-and-study-habits-not-good/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverick