PDA

View Full Version : SEC Hoops

CadaverDawg
02-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Big loss for South Carolina tonight at home. They still have the easiest road, but I'd love to get into the SECT as the 4 or 5. Both of those spots give us a great chance at reaching the semis which would help our case for a 5 seed. Just keep doing our part and just win baby. We need Florida, Ole Miss and SC to stumble a few times each

parabrave
02-26-2019, 10:00 PM
Need to screenshot the KY Arky halftime score for prosperity. Arky up by 11.

parabrave
02-26-2019, 11:17 PM
Wow Arky just got fd over twice on the same play by the refs.

ScoobaDawg
02-27-2019, 01:37 AM
short of Mississippi pulling off the shocker of an upset. we will be tied with them and usc for 4th place in less than 24 hours. I can't believe USC lost to Bama. we split with UM, split with USC, so no idea how tiebreakers will be if we all finish with the same record.

Matty Dispatch
02-27-2019, 07:02 AM
short of Mississippi pulling off the shocker of an upset. we will be tied with them and usc for 4th place in less than 24 hours. I can't believe USC lost to Bama. we split with UM, split with USC, so no idea how tiebreakers will be if we all finish with the same record.

Two-Team Tie
The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken:

Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two teams.
Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceeding through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
Coin flip by the Commissioner.
Three-Team Tie (or more)
When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11098238/tournament-tiebreakers

msstate7
02-27-2019, 08:12 AM
Let's assume the tie comes to fruition tonight. Here's each team's last 3:

Florida - Georgia, LSU, at Kentucky
OM - at ark, Kentucky, at mizzou
State - at auburn, at tenn, aTm
South Carolina - at mizzou, at aTm, Georgia

I'll be pretty surprised if South Carolina doesn't run the table and everyone else lose a game at least

msu15
02-27-2019, 08:42 AM

I'll be pretty surprised if South Carolina doesn't run the table and everyone else lose a game at least

Tbh I think we lose both on the road. Tough places to play right now.

Political Hack
02-27-2019, 09:09 AM
I thought I heard the announcers say after the win that we've earned a bye. Anyone else? Thought it was already settled.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-27-2019, 09:39 AM
I thought I heard the announcers say after the win that we've earned a bye. Anyone else? Thought it was already settled.

The top 4 get a double bye

Ifyouonlyknew
02-27-2019, 09:40 AM

They could but after losing at home last night it's just hard to predict. Winning on the road isn't easy in the SEC.

Ari Gold
02-27-2019, 09:59 AM

If we go 2-1 next 3 we will get that 4 seed is my prediction

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 07:35 PM
The Bears are hanging in with Tennessee so far. In fact, they're ahead 28-27 with 4 to go in the first half.

Saltydog
02-27-2019, 08:53 PM
them in RPI and NET, not to mention giving them the edge over us for the 4th spot. They won't beat UK anywhere but they will beat Upig and Mizzou. That would give them 12 league wins. We'd have to win out with Auburn and UT on the road. That's gonna be extremely difficult. SC has Mizzou and aTm on the road and finishes with UGA, by far the easiest of the schedules. UT missing easy shots and Schofield has missed the front end of two one and ones....

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 08:58 PM
They have not missed a single free throw. Wish we could do that. We'd have won a few more games if we did.

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 09:01 PM
UT's going to win. Did you see Davis throw his jacket and get a T?

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Good to see here, but I'd hate if we lost a game like that.

Saltydog
02-27-2019, 09:03 PM
tough bucket...?.

RocketDawg
02-27-2019, 09:03 PM
OM fans throwing crap onto the court.

Mjoelner34
02-27-2019, 09:06 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/GKo7pUwEBJmfu/giphy.gif

Ifyouonlyknew
02-27-2019, 09:06 PM
MSU tied for 4th