PDA

View Full Version : What's the status of Connor Shaw going forward?

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Will he be back next week?

What about Kentucky's QB? I think he got knocked out of the game last weekend. Is he going to be back?

chef dixon
10-20-2013, 02:21 PM
His status for Missouri is "unknown."

I think we beat South Carolina. We don't seem to be intimidated by the better teams in the East like we do with LSU and Bama.

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 02:32 PM
if we could beat UK, Arkansas, SC, and OM I'd be pretty damn happy.

A&M is a matchup nightmare for us and we're just not there yet with Bama.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 02:34 PM
His status for Missouri is "unknown."

I think we beat South Carolina. We don't seem to be intimidated by the better teams in the East like we do with LSU and Bama.

Good point. We need to win that one. If we somehow found a way to beat Kentucky and South Carolina, things could get interesting in those last 4 games.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 02:35 PM

Hell yes, I would be thrilled with those 4 wins.

Bothrops
10-20-2013, 02:41 PM

This would be true, A&M will score at will against us.

FlabLoser
10-20-2013, 02:47 PM

aTm's skill guys against our depleated secondary is a matchup problem.

BUT...is our defense really all that worse than Auburn's? Our offense is as good as Auburn's. Auburn won @ aTm, so...#CanWeBelieve?

And I think Johnny F isn't going to get healthier from week to week. Not as long as he is a running QB.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 02:52 PM
aTm's skill guys against our depleated secondary is a matchup problem.

BUT...is our defense really all that worse than Auburn's? Our offense is as good as Auburn's. Auburn won @ aTm, so...#CanWeBelieve?

And I think Johnny F isn't going to get healthier from week to week. Not as long as he is a running QB.

If we can start Dak and get the ground game going like Auburn did, we SHOULD be able to at least score some points. But can we stop them ANY on defense? That's the big question. We all know that we will eventually stop ourselves offensively, so we have to at least force a few punts in order to stay in it.

civildawg
10-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Comes down to coaching and let's just say I don't like our odds in that match up

blacklistedbully
10-20-2013, 03:14 PM
We absolutely can stop aTm if we are healthy. They are not likely to stop us, so we may only need to stop them a couple of times, or hold them to field goals versus TD's a couple of times.

I've decided to believe we just had a bad game combined with missing players versus BG. The offense is only going to get better as we go along. The defense will also improve as our DB's get more experience (including Redmond), and our front 7 get healthy enough to bring more heat.

Collins is going to come up with a surprise for JFF, defense is going to be pumped up and getting after him.

We are gonna beat the maroon pretenders.

msstate7
10-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Comes down to coaching and let's just say I don't like our odds in that match up

Sumlin isn't that great. I'm not saying Mullen is better, but aTm's coaching staff is hardly intimidating. Take Manziel off that team and aTm is battling for 6-6

Coach34
10-20-2013, 03:19 PM
We have to have a healthy Love to even have a chance. He's the best we have in the Secondary. Redmond should get better each week. So should Cox- his light really needs to come on soon.

We have had injury problems and youth problems in the Secondary. Love has had 2 weeks off plus a few days to rest that ankle and get healthy. He is a big key for us.

msstate7
10-20-2013, 03:22 PM
We have to have a healthy Love to even have a chance. He's the best we have in the Secondary. Redmond should get better each week. So should Cox- his light really needs to come on soon.

We have had injury problems and youth problems in the Secondary. Love has had 2 weeks off plus a few days to rest that ankle and get healthy. He is a big key for us.

Would you consider only playing love if necessary this Thursday night? I would. I'd try to win this game without him so he'll be healthier down the stretch.

blacklistedbully
10-20-2013, 03:22 PM

Any news on when he's coming back?

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Kentucky fans say: Not so fast, we think MSU will be Stoops' first SEC Win.

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Board/296/Mississippi-State-Prediction-Thread-22202790

bluelightstar
10-20-2013, 03:28 PM

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Board/296/Mississippi-State-Prediction-Thread-22202790

Why wouldn't they think they had a shot? If you're a Kentucky fan, we look a lot closer to the bottom than to the middle.

msstate7
10-20-2013, 03:28 PM

If it is, I'm on board with hud. I don't see it happening though

msstate7
10-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Why wouldn't they think they had a shot? If you're a Kentucky fan, we look a lot closer to the bottom than to the middle.

I think we're gonna show them they aren't even close to us Thursday. Dogs big...

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 03:39 PM
I think we're gonna show them they aren't even close to us Thursday. Dogs big...

I think we should destroy them. But at the same time, I can see why they would be optimistic at this point. Hopefully we change that on Thursday

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 04:05 PM
we haven't lost to UK since Dan's been here, but we've never dominated them either.

MarketingBully01
10-20-2013, 04:14 PM
If we lose to Kentucky, we won't win another game the rest of the year. That team is beyond horrible. There are the 13 teams in the SEC then there is Kentucky. Although Dan has played then closer then we would like at times, none of those games were ever in doubt. I think we win something like 35-14. Shouldn't be close.