PDA

View Full Version : STUDENTS

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 09:43 PM
Get your asses to The Hump tomorrow. Doors open at 4:30. Tip at 6. Support your team.

No more excuses.

Harrydawg
02-25-2019, 10:10 PM
Back at you old geezer. Students have been there in the games I’ve have attended this year.

DawgRockur
02-25-2019, 10:11 PM
You must not have been to the last few? Student attendance has been awful

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2019, 10:13 PM
Back at you old geezer. Students have been there in the games I’ve have attended this year.

Just curious, what games did you attend that the student section was packed?

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 10:16 PM

How old do you think I am? The answer would probably shock you.

And you do understand that the student section extends into the upper level, right? It has not been close to packed.

DawgRockur
02-25-2019, 10:42 PM
The bottom hasn?t been close to the packed the last few games. Not a good look by the students

Dawgcap
02-25-2019, 10:49 PM
They probably read the game threads and show up like some with their shitty attitudes!! Haha

Leeshouldveflanked
02-25-2019, 10:51 PM
The empty lower bowl behind both benches and scorers table looks worse than any student section.... also Miss Maroon and White is going on the same time as B-ball... so most of your sororities will be there.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 10:58 PM
The empty lower bowl behind both benches and scorers table looks worse than any student section.... also Miss Maroon and White is going on the same time as B-ball... so most of your sororities will be there.

We are addressing the students right now. The season ticket holders deserve a thread of their own..

Seriously students. This is not meant to be demeaning so let's get away from that. I and many others are simply asking you to create a home court advantage. Be loud, be crazy, have fun.. Don't let this moment pass you by. This is when you get to create memories with your friends.

Dawgcap
02-25-2019, 11:28 PM
You have several who create negativity you have more who have apathy. We at times are our worst enemies. It takes longer for them to believe.

ScoobaDawg
02-25-2019, 11:36 PM
Why are they not there already... It's gonna be IN-TENTS

RougeDawg
02-25-2019, 11:49 PM
We are addressing the students right now. The season ticket holders deserve a thread of their own..

Seriously students. This is not meant to be demeaning so let's get away from that. I and many others are simply asking you to create a home court advantage. Be loud, be crazy, have fun.. Don't let this moment pass you by. This is when you get to create memories with your friends.

Yes, what he says. I didn?t miss a game the entire 03-05 years. The 04 year was a fun run to be a student. The decade of suckage really changed the perspective of present day students. The hump used to be rocking during all conference games.

Thank you Rick Ray!**

Dawgcap
02-26-2019, 12:02 AM
Yes, what he says. I didn?t miss a game the entire 03-05 years. The 04 year was a fun run to be a student. The decade of suckage really changed the perspective of present day students. The hump used to be rocking during all conference games.

Thank you Rick Ray!**

You went through hell but when we start to emerge we have to have many bitch and complain that it isn’t fast enough. Unless you are a true student fan you see and believe the negativity preached to you. So you continue to be apathetic because you have been told you’re a dumbass for buying in. I don’t know when it stops but you can’t blame apathy on the present students when you have alumni shitting on the team that is playing now.
I graduated in 85. I went to all games as a student because even though I believed we had a chance but the students today see texts, Twitter and whatever and they don’t believe because they think it’s business as usual. You want to be great you have to have a fan base,Alumni, that believe it. Then the students will believe. Again I think our problem is grads who complain and expect the worst.

mstatefan91
02-26-2019, 12:05 AM
You went through hell but when we start to emerge we have to have many bitch and complain that it isn’t fast enough. Unless you are a true student fan you see and believe the negativity preached to you. So you continue to be apathetic because you have been told you’re a dumbass for buying in. I don’t know when it stops but you can’t blame apathy on the present students when you have alumni shitting on the team that is playing now.
I graduated in 85. I went to all games as a student because even though I believed we had a chance but the students today see texts, Twitter and whatever and they don’t believe because they think it’s business as usual. You want to be great you have to have a fan base,Alumni, that believe it. Then the students will believe. Again I think our problem is grads who complain and expect the worst.

The OP clearly states "No more excuses"

Just pack The Hump, students.

skadoosh14
02-26-2019, 12:08 AM
How old do you think I am? The answer would probably shock you.

27-28 from the 91 in the username

mstatefan91
02-26-2019, 12:13 AM
27-28 from the 91 in the username

Smart post.. I guess that's an old geezer to some lol

Dawgcap
02-26-2019, 12:17 AM
The OP clearly states "No more excuses"

Just pack The Hump, students.

I’m saying the the problem is we as alumni have done a shitty job making it ok to go to a game. Bitch at students but act and show like you believe. Our problem is we have a negativity that hasn’t changed in our alumni base because we have apathy in our seating but also on message boards that have shit on this team for many years. Again our problem is caused by the past we just feel better blaming the present.

Dawgcap
02-26-2019, 12:20 AM
I preach to my daughter all the time that we have a great future in basketball. Between studies and sports she hasn’t felt it was worth going to games. No friends have interest so she doesn’t.

mstatefan91
02-26-2019, 12:21 AM
I’m saying the the problem is we as alumni have done a shitty job making it ok to go to a game. Bitch at students but act and show like you believe. Our problem is we have a negativity that hasn’t changed in our alumni base because we have apathy in our seating but also on message boards that have shit on this team for many years. Again our problem is caused by the past we just feel better blaming the present.
To an extent, I agree. But I'm not bitching at the students. I just simply want them to go to the games. Be the reasons what the reasons are that they decided to do other things instead of attending men's basketball.... the time has come for them to buy back in.

Message boards are harsh in general.. you would be shocked to know that a majority of the fan base doesn't post/check them though.

Dawgcap
02-26-2019, 12:33 AM
To an extent, I agree. But I'm not bitching at the students. I just simply want them to go to the games. Be the reasons what the reasons are that they decided to do other things instead of attending men's basketball.... the time has come for them to buy back in.

Message boards are harsh in general.. you would be shocked to know that a majority of the fan base doesn't post/check them though.
I totally agree! It’s sad. But it’s not something students believe in and I believe our problem starts with our alumni. Again, when I was in school I went to most all games and we sucked. I’m talkin 83-85 sucked. But I showed up to find out even though I had my perception that it might be bad. Today students base their perception on other students and alumni who have shit on this team based on past perceptions. It’s gonna take a few good years to bring a great student base because of social media. Winning this year will make a difference next year. Though students should buy in this year they won’t because we still have bitching constantly by message board and twitter coaches

Dawgcap
02-26-2019, 12:37 AM
To make a point there is a thread on the women’s team and all their shortcomings. Hard to believe with all the negativity

Dawgcap
02-26-2019, 12:38 AM
It’s on another board

Rawdawg
02-26-2019, 08:18 AM
For some perspective here, we’re projected to be our highest seed in the Macs tournament since 04. We’ve been a top 25 team all year. Imagine not showing up to baseball or football being ranked basically all year? That’s what we’re doing here.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2019, 09:10 AM
The problem is Greg Byrne kicked most of the old loyalists out of their seats. Most of those people hung around for a few years but drifted away because it just wasn't as fun anymore. Their seats went to big donars and corporate donars who only show up for big games, if then. For most games if their tickets are used, if at all, by people who aren't MSU fans or who rarely if ever go to basketball games. They either aren't going to get into it because they aren't MSU people or they don't know how basketball fans at the Hump should act. That was exactly what happened to us. We actually had better seats for a while, but we didn't know anyone around us and it was rarely the same people twice. A lot of times it would be opponents fans, especially for Ole Miss. We would get frowned at for standing up and yelling. Combine that with my Dad's health failing and we eventually gave up our tickets. That all got masked a bit as long as Stans was still competitive. When the bottom fell out fan support collapsed. It takes a long time to get it back. If we still had that continuous old core of families it would have occurred quicker, but we did away with a lot of them, by choice. The student crowd has always sort of mirrored the alumni crowd. That was true for the 25 years we had season tickets.

StarkVegasSteve
02-26-2019, 09:27 AM
The problem is Greg Byrne kicked most of the old loyalists out of their seats. Most of those people hung around for a few years but drifted away because it just wasn't as fun anymore. Their seats went to big donars and corporate donars who only show up for big games, if then. For most games if their tickets are used, if at all, by people who aren't MSU fans or who rarely if ever go to basketball games. They either aren't going to get into it because they aren't MSU people or they don't know how basketball fans at the Hump should act. That was exactly what happened to us. We actually had better seats for a while, but we didn't know anyone around us and it was rarely the same people twice. A lot of times it would be opponents fans, especially for Ole Miss. We would get frowned at for standing up and yelling. Combine that with my Dad's health failing and we eventually gave up our tickets. That all got masked a bit as long as Stans was still competitive. When the bottom fell out fan support collapsed. It takes a long time to get it back. If we still had that continuous old core of families it would have occurred quicker, but we did away with a lot of them, by choice. The student crowd has always sort of mirrored the alumni crowd. That was true for the 25 years we had season tickets.

See this has always baffled me cause you're not wrong. It's like it became ok to miss games. I know when I was growing up and going to games there wasn't a game I went to whether it was Monmouth or #1 Florida the student section was always packed to the brim. I will agree that it's not always fun to watch your team continually get your teeth kicked in, but that's not the case anymore. This is a NCAA tournament team and they deserve the support of their fellow students. It's not that hard to carve out two hours and go put your butt in a seat. Hell, judging by the attendance of the last few games you'll have a pretty good seat. I haven't seen the lower bowl filled up since Kentucky. And even then it wasn't completely full.

gravedigger
02-26-2019, 12:23 PM
Get your asses to The Hump tomorrow. Doors open at 4:30. Tip at 6. Support your team

No more excuses.

It wasn?t the students that were missing last game

mstatefan91
02-26-2019, 12:35 PM

This is not meant to be a pissing match between season ticket holders and students. I simply addressed this thread to students.

ScoobaDawg
02-26-2019, 12:36 PM

Students and Alumni stopped coming because the shit show that was being put on the court. Noone wanted to watch it. As long as they keep winning... and when they get in the NCAA's especially of they make noise to the sweet 16.
People will return next year. especially to conference games.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2019, 12:43 PM
Students and Alumni stopped coming because the shit show that was being put on the court. Noone wanted to watch it. As long as they keep winning... and when they get in the NCAA's especially of they make noise to the sweet 16.

The old core mostly stopped before it got bad. We did.

msugolf
02-26-2019, 01:35 PM

Not sure that just winning will get people back. I know several big donors who have tickets down low that haven't been to a game since the seating restructure. They just aren't interested - never were, never will be. The bottom line is that the past 3 administrations are all to blame - Byrne, Strick and Cohen - in making our basketball atmosphere third rate. They haven't made basketball a priority and it shows with their attitude, marketing, in game atmosphere, seating, etc. Each could do and/or could've done something to correct it but they didn't and here we are with a half filled coliseum and a 5/6 seed team with 4 games left on the schedule.

Don't know how many people have actually attended a game within the past 2 years but we have the worst in game atmosphere in the conference right now. From the intros, to the music, to the timeout contests/marketing. It's as if they - the athletic department - had a meeting about how to come up with this stuff and their main goal was to "let's see if we can knock this out in 10 minutes."

I seen it dawg
02-26-2019, 02:27 PM
Go to the games. You will wish you did more when you're gone.

Ari Gold
02-26-2019, 06:59 PM
Dear students
Stop bitching about your seats
Can’t even fill up the bottom level on Tuesday night game
I guess y’all hitting them books hard tonight

Homedawg
02-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Glad we at least get money for lower level seats. For those that want mid court for students. Check this year's student attendancE. One school worth a holy hell gives students good seats. Or the best seats, rather, and that's duke. And they stand on bleachers stuffed in like sardines.

Homedawg
02-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Dear ALUMNI BITCHING on students behalf-
Stop bitching about their seats
Can?t even fill up the bottom level on Tuesday night game
I guess y?all rather go drinking

FIFY

Homedawg
02-26-2019, 07:28 PM

Sorry digger but the student crowd has been awful w the exception of Uk