PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cerentola starting against Jackson State

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 07:21 PM
Peyton Plumlee is starting against Southeast Louisiana.

Excited to see what Cerentola brings tomorrow and I know a lot of us want to see him start midweek if he is ready.

Plumlee starting makes me think that Tyler Spring may not be over the flu yet.

I seen it dawg
02-25-2019, 07:24 PM
Like it.

HoopsDawg
02-25-2019, 07:39 PM
These midweek games are important. Plumlee probably gives us our best chance against SELA.

So far Lemonis seems to be making the correct, common sense moves. It's refreshing.

msbulldog
02-25-2019, 08:25 PM
Lemom is the man!

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 08:28 PM
These midweek games are important. Plumlee probably gives us our best chance against SELA.

So far Lemonis seems to be making the correct, common sense moves. It's refreshing.

I'm pretty high on Tyler Spring. What I would like to see happen in a perfect world is Cerentola emerge and be able to take the Sunday spot by midseason and Spring emerge as the midweek guy. That would allow us to use Keegan and Plumlee out of the bullpen and make us that much deeper.

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 08:34 PM
Other things I would like (hope) to see by the end of the year based on player performance.

1. Colby White take over as the closer. That would allow us to use Cole Gordon as the long relief-Andrew Miller guy.

2. Hayden Jones take over as catcher by the end of the year. Although Skelton deserves to start now. This depends on Jones progress as a catcher and as a hitter.

3. Ginn and Cumbest become our primary DH's and emerge as hitters. This means Landon Jordan staying at second.

preachermatt83
02-25-2019, 08:35 PM

Amen!

Dawgcap
02-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Goin to the game tomorrow. Excited to see Cerantola. Heading to the right field with a group including my senior daughter. Damn there’s nothing like being a State fan! Natty in hand!! Ha

Matty Dispatch
02-26-2019, 07:18 AM
Other things I would like (hope) to see by the end of the year based on player performance.

1. Colby White take over as the closer. That would allow us to use Cole Gordon as the long relief-Andrew Miller guy.

2. Hayden Jones take over as catcher by the end of the year. Although Skelton deserves to start now. This depends on Jones progress as a catcher and as a hitter.

3. Ginn and Cumbest become our primary DH's and emerge as hitters. This means Landon Jordan staying at second.

What has happened to Josh Hatcher? It seems like he's a forgotten man. I thought it might be him and Ginn as a platoon at DH.

Pedrioa is King
02-26-2019, 08:01 AM
Hatcher SO a lot in preseason. Then he walks back to dugout w his head down. He’s got to get over that.

sleepy dawg
02-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Peyton Plumlee is starting against Southeast Louisiana.

Excited to see what Cerentola brings tomorrow and I know a lot of us want to see him start midweek if he is ready.

Plumlee starting makes me think that Tyler Spring may not be over the flu yet.

Lemonis said he'd hold him to about 50 pitches today so he can pitch again this weekend if needed.

The Federalist Engineer
02-26-2019, 10:06 AM
What has happened to Josh Hatcher? It seems like he's a forgotten man. I thought it might be him and Ginn as a platoon at DH.

He still looks skinny, he needs to work on that big 6-2 frame

But if Rowdey struggles too much, Hatcher is a good LH platoon. He struggled with quality LH pitchers but was ok otherwise.

Gautreau is surely working on him, Hatcher is supposed to be a high end, high ceiling prospect

Commercecomet24
02-26-2019, 11:41 AM

Spot on. He's done very well in decision making and managing the team and the games. He's off to a great start in my opinion.

preachermatt83
02-26-2019, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty high on Tyler Spring. What I would like to see happen in a perfect world is Cerentola emerge and be able to take the Sunday spot by midseason and Spring emerge as the midweek guy. That would allow us to use Keegan and Plumlee out of the bullpen and make us that much deeper.

Keegan is an excellent Sunday starter. He has some filthy movement.

ZedFedder
02-26-2019, 01:40 PM
For this year, once we get into the postseason, I’d love to have Cerantola be a max effort one inning setup guy who pushes 96-97 with that hammer. Then next year become Saturday guy after Ginn.

TNDawg35
02-26-2019, 01:50 PM
Rowdy is struggling right now, but look out. I think he is gonna get it together and when he does, then Ethel you better look out...

In all seriousness, we all know what Rowdy can do and has done. He’s just in that Sophmore slump. Hopefully Coach G can get him out of it. All it may take is a game like tonight where it’s gonna be batting practice pitching and he can get his confidence back up.

I seen it dawg
02-26-2019, 02:10 PM
Keegan is the Sunday guy. And one of the better ones if not best in the conference. Cerantola will get his turn next yr. i agree with an above post that he needs to be a power pen arm. I like Colby as a power set up guy too woth Gordon as the experienced closer. If we move Gordon and Keegan to long relief we would have 3 with Plumlee. We don't need that many. Right now we got a lot of bullpen arms provided Cerantola works out. Add Spring then it's an emabarssment of riches.

I seen it dawg
02-26-2019, 02:10 PM
And Rowdey has proven he will hit. Relax on him.

I seen it dawg
02-26-2019, 02:12 PM
I'm not finding a whole lot to gripe about yet with a Lemonis. Not that I was expecting any.

Spectre
02-26-2019, 02:22 PM
I'm not finding a whole lot to gripe about yet with a Lemonis. Not that I was expecting any.

Yep our previous three coaches have put themselves in the spotlight too much. Let your coaches coach and the players play. Recruit like hell and don’t go chasing poon.

I seen it dawg
02-26-2019, 02:24 PM
I'd have to say yeah.

Lord McBuckethead
02-26-2019, 04:08 PM
He still looks skinny, he needs to work on that big 6-2 frame

But if Rowdey struggles too much, Hatcher is a good LH platoon. He struggled with quality LH pitchers but was ok otherwise.

Gautreau is surely working on him, Hatcher is supposed to be a high end, high ceiling prospect

Don't worry about Dorn, he is just high cost.

Todd4State
02-26-2019, 04:16 PM

I would like to see Ginn, Hatcher, and Cumbest all take turns DH. Make it dependent on match-ups- Hatcher against RHP, Ginn when he is not pitching, and then Cumbest gets the leftover spot.

Lemonis said he'd hold him to about 50 pitches today so he can pitch again this weekend if needed.

Not surprising. I know they want to be careful with Cerentola and Foxhall and Lemonis have proven that they are not going to overwork our pitchers this early which is a good strategy.

Keegan is an excellent Sunday starter. He has some filthy movement.

He is good but if Cerentola can put it together you're talking about three potential first round picks in our rotation.

Yep our previous three coaches have put themselves in the spotlight too much. Let your coaches coach and the players play. Recruit like hell and don?t go chasing poon.

Cohen was sometimes too smart for his own good and was cute at times. But I often kind of saw what he was thinking a little bit. Cann definitely got too full of himself. Henderson was a little bit too old school and not modern enough for today's game as far as pitching goes.