PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Holmes

Irondawg
02-25-2019, 03:45 PM
In 14 conference games she has a ridiculous 76:18 assist to turnover ratio. That's an extreme low number of turnovers for a PG

Just wanted to bring that up.

Another interesting stat. Holmes and Danberry combined have only attempted 10 3-pointers in conference play.

MetEdDawg
02-25-2019, 03:58 PM
In 14 conference games she has a ridiculous 76:18 assist to turnover ratio. That's an extreme low number of turnovers for a PG

Another interesting stat. Holmes and Danberry combined have only attempted 10 3-pointers in conference play.

You can see that by the way defenses play us. Defenses are sinking their guards well below the 3 point line and clogging the lanes up. They are going to have to take more 3 pointers to clear out space for T.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2019, 04:07 PM
You can see that by the way defenses play us. Defenses are sinking their guards well below the 3 point line and clogging the lanes up. They are going to have to take more 3 pointers to clear out space for T.

We're averaging more points overall & in conference play this year than last year. Our offense is good people just can't get around the fact we're scoring in a totally different way.

Irondawg
02-25-2019, 04:53 PM
We're playing a little faster on offense it seems and I'm not all that worried about our lack of perimeter shooting at this point. It may cause some issues against the right team in the tournament but it's not our main issue.

I'm much more concerned about our defense. The overall stats seem to indicate otherwise, but we just don't look as good on defense as the past few years. A few teams have found some ways to really exploit some matchups so our tournament success is really going to depend on our draw. Teams that have bigs with range and guards that can really get to the rim pose some problems.

No BS Dawg
02-25-2019, 05:11 PM
She is also a class act in every sense of the phrase. Apparently something happened to a lady in attendance at the game yesterday and she had to receive medical attention. Jazz tweeted out last night asking if anyone knew how the lady was doing. Great representation of what our team and coaching staff is about and how she is an ambassador for our athletic program and university, as a whole.

Lord McBuckethead
02-25-2019, 05:20 PM
She is a class act. If I were Vic, I would have her and Danberry practicing three pointers. We are going to need it at some point. Plus shooting a couple throughout the game will open up the middle for T to have some room to work. They literally had 4 girls surrounding T at UM the other night, taking cheap shots all night long.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-25-2019, 05:20 PM
We're averaging more points overall & in conference play this year than last year. Our offense is good people just can't get around the fact we're scoring in a totally different way.

The lack of outside shooting will haunt us down the line....book it.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2019, 05:31 PM
The lack of outside shooting will haunt us down the line....book it.

It may but when we've struggled this year offense hasn't been the issue. Points in the paint & offensive rebounding by the opposing team has hurt us.

whosyourdawgy
02-25-2019, 05:44 PM
It may but when we've struggled this year offense hasn't been the issue. Points in the paint & offensive rebounding by the opposing team has hurt us.

And that has only happened when teams have played the high screen game pulling T away fr the basket. Vic has got to not be hard headed when teams do that and either play a zone or Keep switching T to the player that isn’t a 3 pt threat and let her hang in the paint. She has no business trying to play the pick n roll defense at the top of the key. None

LC Dawg
02-25-2019, 05:47 PM
Come tourney time I'd much rather have our current offense than one that relies too much on 3 pointers.
In conference play Espinoza-Hunter is shooting 44% from 3 point land and Scott is shooting 40% so I think our shooting is ok. Holmes and Danberry contribute in other ways. Danberry has a mid-range jumper that I wish some of our guys would develop.

Dawg2003
02-25-2019, 05:57 PM
Vic pulled them out of the press and put them in a matchup zone against South Caroluna, so he is willing to be flexible. I guess he learned a lesson with Oregon. South Carolina burned up in transition a few times before that. This team has struggled with the press and man to man. The offense has been surprisingly good. It's not always the prettiest thing, but it's really efficient and they manage to manufacture about 80 points each time.

Our lack of 3 point shooting hasn't been a reason we've lost yet, but you never know. People have said all year it will get us, hit it hasn't been a reason we lost yet. I'm also more concerned about the defense. One problem is that some 5 players can shoot the 3, so T gets pulled out. We really need a more mobile 5 player that can shoot 3s. T sometimes looks like she doesn't belong in this offense.

Dawg2003
02-25-2019, 05:58 PM
Come tourney time I'd much rather have our current offense than one that relies too much on 3 pointers.
In conference play Espinoza-Hunter is shooting 44% from 3 point land and Scott is shooting 40% so I think our shooting is ok. Holmes and Danberry contribute in other ways. Danberry has a mid-range jumper that I wish some of our guys would develop.

Yeah, I'd much rather rely on rebounding and layups.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-25-2019, 07:35 PM
She is a class act. If I were Vic, I would have her and Danberry practicing three pointers. We are going to need it at some point. Plus shooting a couple throughout the game will open up the middle for T to have some room to work. They literally had 4 girls surrounding T at UM the other night, taking cheap shots all night long.

Holmes was hitting 3s pretty well at shoot arounds before the game yesterday. I know it is different with someone in your face guarding you, but she looked as good as AE-H yesterday afternoon.

RocketDawg
02-25-2019, 08:01 PM

She can really handle the ball, and so can Danberry. Both are really, really fast also.

Lord McBuckethead
02-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Well I would rather rely on layups and rebounds too. But T having 4 girls on her and our guards out at the three point line with their defender 8 feet off of them because they know they will not shoot screams opportunity.
I say all of that, but if we are still dominating with T covered up then who cares. I hope we win every game by 1 point from now until the end of next season. Just a suggestion on the three pointer attempts by our guards.