PDA

View Full Version : JT Ginn co Freshman of the week...........................

99jc
02-25-2019, 03:31 PM
Co-Freshman of the Week: JT Ginn, Mississippi State
Mississippi State's JT Ginn earned his second-straight victory with seven shutout innings vs. No. 21 Southern Miss on Saturday afternoon. The right-hander allowed just two hits and walked one batter, while striking out a career-high nine batters.

Co-Freshman of the Week: Kendrick Calilao, Florida
Florida's Kendrick Calilao led the Gators' offense last week with eight hits and six RBI. All six RBI came in the series win over Miami, in which he had four extra-base hits (2 doubles, triple, home run). Against Miami, Calilao went 7-for-12 (.583).

TStationDawg
02-25-2019, 03:48 PM
Man- I enjoyed watching him pitch live. Stood right behind the scouts. Multiple 96 mph readings by them when the score board showed 93 too- FYI

He's all that he was billed to be and more. I always tell me son "beware of people who always have to tell you how good they are, a lion will never need to tell me he's a lion....." I looked at my son on Saturday and just pointed at JT and said "LION!" He laughed all wide-eyed and said "FOR. REAL." hahaha Glad we got that dude!

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2019, 04:49 PM
He'll have a real test Saturday night in Frisco. Tech is as dangerous offensively as any team in the country. But he's shown so far he won't back down from anyone and the hype was maybe even undersold a bit. This kid is a Top 5 pick in the making.

Commercecomet24
02-25-2019, 05:25 PM
JT is competitive as hell. He was taught to play the game the right way and the bigger the game the better he'll pitch. The only problem JT has is being TO amped up. If someone gets him they better get him early, cause once he settles in it's gonna be a tough road to hoe for hitters. Knowing the kid for as long as I've known him, I would be extremely confident if he was our starter in a one game winner take all type of game. He'll get it done.

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 05:47 PM
He'll have a real test Saturday night in Frisco. Tech is as dangerous offensively as any team in the country. But he's shown so far he won't back down from anyone and the hype was maybe even undersold a bit. This kid is a Top 5 pick in the making.

I'll say it again.

JT has pitched in the UA All-American Game at Wrigley Field and has pitched for Team USA. And this weekend he just shut down a top 20 team in probably the biggest weekend series in the country this past weekend- and I'll add probably had some extra added pressure to it since we lost game one and we had to win his start to have any hope of winning the series and avoiding what to me would be a 10x more embarrassing sweep to USM because it was in Starkville and I am assuming that Lemonis is not texting sidepieces in the dugout.

Texas Tech is a big test- and they could very well beat us. But based on what I have seen from JT I'm not worried about him and I feel confident that he gives us a good chance to win.

skadoosh14
02-25-2019, 05:54 PM
Might be a dumb question, but why wouldn’t we save Small for TTU? Not saying he’s leagues above Ginn, but he has the experience advantage.

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Might be a dumb question, but why wouldn’t we save Small for TTU? Not saying he’s leagues above Ginn, but he has the experience advantage.

Sam Houston is good in their own right and will be throwing their ace. Plus Ginn is a young pitcher and there is no need to push him up a day at this point in his career. Only would make sense to me if we intend for Ginn to be Friday and Small to be the Saturday guy from here on out.

CadaverDawg
02-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Man- I enjoyed watching him pitch live. Stood right behind the scouts. Multiple 96 mph readings by them when the score board showed 93 too- FYI

He's all that he was billed to be and more. I always tell me son "beware of people who always have to tell you how good they are, a lion will never need to tell me he's a lion....." I looked at my son on Saturday and just pointed at JT and said "LION!" He laughed all wide-eyed and said "FOR. REAL." hahaha Glad we got that dude!

Enjoyed this post. That is great story about your son, and great quote. Thank you

msbulldog
02-25-2019, 07:07 PM
JT is competitive as hell. He was taught to play the game the right way and the bigger the game the better he'll pitch. The only problem JT has is being TO amped up. If someone gets him they better get him early, cause once he settles in it's gonna be a tough road to hoe for hitters. Knowing the kid for as long as I've known him, I would be extremely confident if he was our starter in a one game winner take all type of game. He'll get it done.

Dang, CC it's great that you can provide us with such personal insight into one of our star players, thank you!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

CadaverDawg
02-25-2019, 07:10 PM

I also liked the fact that you accidentally said, "I always tell ME son...", so I read the post in a Scottish accent, haha

msbulldog
02-25-2019, 07:13 PM

Pushing his arm would be like the Arizona coach in the 2016 regional pitching his guy 135-140 pitches and ruining that kid. We need to be smart with JT and I think Lemonis and Foxhall will be.

AlSwearengen
02-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Commerce, do you know if they have been working on a change with J.T.? If he learns a good change up, you would have to think he would be a top 5 pick next year.

Commercecomet24
02-26-2019, 12:04 AM
Commerce, do you know if they have been working on a change with J.T.? If he learns a good change up, you would have to think he would be a top 5 pick next year.

Yeah he's been working on a change. It's not that bad but it's still a work in progress. I think it'll be good enough with the other pitches he has to go along with it.

louisvilledawg
02-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Yeah he's been working on a change. It's not that bad but it's still a work in progress. I think it'll be good enough with the other pitches he has to go along with it.

He could throw a sub par change and it would still be effective just because of his FB and slider.

Saw him working a good bit on the circle change in the bullpen before the game. Could be deadly.

Commercecomet24
02-26-2019, 09:26 AM
He could throw a sub par change and it would still be effective just because of his FB and slider.

Saw him working a good bit on the circle change in the bullpen before the game. Could be deadly.

Yep and he's getting there with the change.

Commercecomet24
02-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Dang, CC it's great that you can provide us with such personal insight into one of our star players, thank you!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

You're welcome.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msbulldog again.