PDA

View Full Version : Womans BB back to 5 in latest poll. Should be ranked ahead of Notre Dame.

99jc
02-25-2019, 03:28 PM
polls are a joke.

msudawglb
02-25-2019, 03:47 PM
polls are a joke.

I'm going to get run out of town, but I think MSU (right now) is not playing top 5 basketball...maybe not top 10. We've played some bad teams lately and have lost (Missouri) and have let three teams hang around until late (Vandy within 8 in the 4th, Ole Miss within 10 in the 2nd half, and Texas A&M within 5 in the 2nd half).

We are sorely missing a consistent outside shooter.

I hope we do great....I hope we get a #1 seed....but I wouldn't be surprised to see us not make the Great 8 this year. At some point, I fear that two things will do us in.

(1) Our lack of good outside shooting
(2) Our unwillingness to ever run a zone defense

99jc
02-25-2019, 03:54 PM
I think one thing is apparent we are getting everybody's best shot and still winning big. Everyone in Women's BB is vulnerable this year we are no exception. we could lose in the tourney or win it all nothing would surprise me.

nsvltndog
02-25-2019, 04:10 PM
Several good points, but I disagree with the lack of a consistent outside shooter comment. Espinosa Hunter has looked really solid from 3 point range.

Percho
02-25-2019, 04:15 PM
Plus we are getting hosed by every team of officials, calling our games. They let teams maul big T with no calls and if/when she answers back either foul on her or double tech. That is terrible officiating and causes unwarranted bench time. If they called 75% of fouls committed against her she would shoot 25 to 30 free throws a game.

Percho
02-25-2019, 04:18 PM
I think Holmes and Danberry need to each take 3 or 4 threes a game when T and Howard are under the basket.

You have to take one, to hit one,

LC Dawg
02-25-2019, 05:51 PM
Plus we are getting hosed by every team of officials, calling our games. They let teams maul big T with no calls and if/when she answers back either foul on her or double tech. That is terrible officiating and causes unwarranted bench time. If they called 75% of fouls committed against her she would shoot 25 to 30 free throws a game.

I may be wrong but I think this improves when we get to the NCAA tourney. I don't know what is wrong with the SEC other than utter incompetence but the NCAA loves their stars and like to see them go far in the tournament and Teaira is a star.

Dawg2003
02-25-2019, 06:01 PM
No way we should be ranked ahead of ND. Our SOS is 37, and our best wins are South Carolina and Marquette. We have no signature win and are ranked 5 by default. Not because we earned it by playing a difficult schedule and beating a top team.

shannondawg
02-25-2019, 06:11 PM
I'll send you a dollar for gas money.

I'm going to get run out of town, but I think MSU (right now) is not playing top 5 basketball...maybe not top 10. We've played some bad teams lately and have lost (Missouri) and have let three teams hang around until late (Vandy within 8 in the 4th, Ole Miss within 10 in the 2nd half, and Texas A&M within 5 in the 2nd half).

We are sorely missing a consistent outside shooter.

I hope we do great....I hope we get a #1 seed....but I wouldn't be surprised to see us not make the Great 8 this year. At some point, I fear that two things will do us in.

(1) Our lack of good outside shooting
(2) Our unwillingness to ever run a zone defense

msbulldog
02-25-2019, 06:47 PM
No way we should be ranked ahead of ND. Our SOS is 37, and our best wins are South Carolina and Marquette. We have no signature win and are ranked 5 by default. Not because we earned it by playing a difficult schedule and beating a top team.

We have 2 losses everyone ahead of us 1, 2, 2, 3 losses respectively, everyone behind us has 3 or more losses. Wins count, how come we shouldn't be ranked where we are? The people who vote in these polls express their opinion, the NCAA tournament will decide the true ranking.

Dawg2003
02-25-2019, 06:59 PM
We have 2 losses everyone ahead of us 1, 2, 2, 3 losses respectively, everyone behind us has 3 or more losses. Wins count, how come we shouldn't be ranked where we are? The people who vote in these polls express their opinion, the NCAA tournament will decide the true ranking.

Because all the people ahead of us have better losses and better wins. We don't have a win against any national championship contenders. And I said we shouldn't be ranked ahead of ND. I never said we shouldn't be ranked where we are but that we are there by default because we haven't played a tough schedule. So they have to put us there because of our record. We played too many sub 200 and 300 RPI teams. We didn't go out and schedule a lot of top 50-100 RPI teams to really test us.