PDA

View Full Version : LSU Coach Will Wade subpoenaed...

Leeshouldveflanked
02-25-2019, 01:22 PM
LSU MBB coach getting subpoenaed along with Sean Miller by the Feds.

msstate7
02-25-2019, 01:30 PM
Don't beat Kentucky!

Haha

msbulldog
02-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Wow that ain't good.

CadaverDawg
02-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Hate it for them**

I seen it dawg
02-25-2019, 01:53 PM
Hoops is by far the dirtiest. So if you're considered dirty by their standards....

Dawg2003
02-25-2019, 02:13 PM
LOL

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2019, 02:14 PM
There are a lot of SEC coaches who think Wade is dirty by basketball recruiting standards. It says a lot.

Ari Gold
02-25-2019, 02:24 PM
There are a lot of SEC coaches who think Wade is dirty by basketball recruiting standards. It says a lot.

I was told personally by a mid major heavy weight head coach he was a POS .. and Miller should have been fired after last season ..

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2019, 02:42 PM
The system encourages it. Nice guys don't win in basketball or football.

smootness
02-25-2019, 02:59 PM
The system encourages it. Nice guys don't win in basketball or football.

How does the system encourage it?

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2019, 03:03 PM
How does the system encourage it?

Recruiting = get fired or get a long term extension with millions.

Guys work their way up in those two sports off their ability to recruit and the NCAA has virtually no power to stop the cutting of corners.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Guys work their way up in those two sports off their ability to recruit and the NCAA has virtually no power to stop.

Then it's simple. Don't be stupid or sloppy & you won't get caught. The NCAA just had this fall in their lap with the FBI stuff otherwise as long as you don't go all OM football you're good.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 03:08 PM
Can't wait for Godfrey to post his "Confessions of an SEC Bagman" for the 5000th time*********

32 Dive
02-25-2019, 05:48 PM
I bet the Corndog spin is worthy of mention. Things I expect to read...

1) He's just a witness.
2) He's done nothing wrong.
3) LSU gets national players, all the time. So what if Wade has a recruiting pipeline to the NE?

msstate7
02-25-2019, 06:08 PM
So what is the expected outcome of this?

3rdGen
02-25-2019, 09:50 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif

MarketingBully
02-25-2019, 10:03 PM

I’d say forfeiting this season and him being fired at a minimum. That recruiting class with Reid and Williams was one of the best money could buy.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 10:22 PM
I’d say forfeiting this season and him being fired at a minimum. That recruiting class with Reid and Williams was one of the best money could buy.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Damn that would shake it up.

msstate7
02-25-2019, 10:25 PM
I’ll believe it when I see it. Damn that would shake it up.

Yeah, I'm skeptical. If LSU thought there was legs on this pertaining to Reid and Williams, surely they wouldn't let them play

Dawg61
02-25-2019, 10:36 PM

Guys work their way up in those two sports off their ability to recruit and the NCAA has virtually no power to stop the cutting of corners.

Mark Few is offended

Leeshouldveflanked
02-25-2019, 10:46 PM
Feds > NCAA

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 11:02 PM
Feds > NCAA

That is true.

RougeDawg
02-25-2019, 11:53 PM
I?m actually surprised the federal government hasn?t stepped in before. Just think how much tax revenue those money hungry clowns could be raking in if they regulated illicit recruiting payments as much as they do other monetary exchanges.

MarketingBully
02-26-2019, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I'm skeptical. If LSU thought there was legs on this pertaining to Reid and Williams, surely they wouldn't let them play

Oh there are legs. It?s called a calculated risk. If the wiretaps are played in open court in Dawkins? case, Miller and Wade are boned. It would give the NCAA an even bigger reason to camp out in Baton Rouge. The NCAA already has their suspicions on Wade. Wade flew too close to the sun. He should have just stuck to regional players and players that had a connection to LSU. That tends to not raise suspicion. Landing kids from New Jersey with no connection whatsoever tends to raise flags.

MarketingBully
02-26-2019, 01:31 AM

I?ll also add Arizona?s calculated risk is about to blow up in their faces regarding both Miller and Ayton. Miller is on wiretap talking to Dawkins about payments to Ayton. If that?s played in open court Arizona will get hammered as they could have held Ayton out last year but didn?t. I think the same thing will eventually happen to LSU. Depending on what?s on those wiretaps, Alleva will have some big decisions to make regarding Wade.

MarketingBully
02-26-2019, 01:34 AM
Feds > NCAA

Feds will lay the groundwork for the NCAA to come in and clean up the mess.

msstate7
02-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Oh there are legs. It?s called a calculated risk. If the wiretaps are played in open court in Dawkins? case, Miller and Wade are boned. It would give the NCAA an even bigger reason to camp out in Baton Rouge. The NCAA already has their suspicions on Wade. Wade flew too close to the sun. He should have just stuck to regional players and players that had a connection to LSU. That tends to not raise suspicion. Landing kids from New Jersey with no connection whatsoever tends to raise flags.

I didn't say it didn't have legs on wade. I just doubt it has legs pertaining to the 2 players you mentioned.

Perhaps there's a tie to waters? I haven't saw this anywhere, but he did sit out the biggest game of the year for them Saturday. Most likely waters was really sick, but he did get sick right before this news comes out

BayouDawg
02-26-2019, 04:32 PM
I didn't say it didn't have legs on wade. I just doubt it has legs pertaining to the 2 players you mentioned.

Perhaps there's a tie to waters? I haven't saw this anywhere, but he did sit out the biggest game of the year for them Saturday. Most likely waters was really sick, but he did get sick right before this news comes out

LSU fan at work told me the rumor is Waters dad got into it with Wade. This is the rumor here in Red Stick at least.

RougeDawg
02-26-2019, 06:22 PM
The end may be near for Will Wade. Sounds like the FBI is going to land LSU on probation along with send their coach packing.

https://wwl.radio.com/articles/lawyer-wade-tells-sports-agent-i-can-get-you-what-you-need

msstate7
02-26-2019, 06:47 PM
The end may be near for Will Wade. Sounds like the FBI is going to land LSU on probation along with send their coach packing.

https://wwl.radio.com/articles/lawyer-wade-tells-sports-agent-i-can-get-you-what-you-need

The fbi could use that as a tie into a conspiracy, but what could the ncaa do with that? Is even discussing benefits a major infraction or do you have to actually do something?

msstate7
02-26-2019, 09:05 PM
Waters out again tonight

RougeDawg
02-27-2019, 11:21 AM
The fbi could use that as a tie into a conspiracy, but what could the ncaa do with that? Is even discussing benefits a major infraction or do you have to actually do something?

If wade was promising a player for professional representation (Waters) in exchange for Reid and Smart, I would have to say the ncaa would be interested. But then again they had OMs Head in the guillotine and let them off with a pat on the back.