PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance U Head Coach Jason Brown resigns

louisvilledawg
02-25-2019, 11:21 AM
He resigned from his position a few days after a German player said the coach referred to himself as "your new Hitler."

Dude such a tool.

Below is his resignation letter/new resume

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Probably shouldn't say "I'm your hitler" to a german student athlete..

Dan Wolken is having fun with the story on twitter.. Right up his alley.

BeardoMSU
02-25-2019, 11:39 AM
It's all the "Montgomery County Chronicle's" fault, lol....what a dipshit.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 11:44 AM
It's all the "Montgomery County Chronicle's" fault, lol....what a dipshit.

When you have no one to blame but the media, I have some bad news lmao

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2019, 12:34 PM
I hope Netlfix has finally realized how giant of a 17 up it was to leave EMCC. I mean that's fine if you want to leave, but don't try to recreate the magic somewhere else.

Just for comparison since Last Chance U left Scooba and went to Independence

EMCC: 23-1. 2 State Championships 2 National Championships
Independence CC: 11-10. 1 Co-Conference Championship 1 Resigned coach.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 12:37 PM
I hope Netlfix has finally realized how giant of a 17 up it was to leave EMCC. I mean that's fine if you want to leave, but don't try to recreate the magic somewhere else.

I don't want the show to go back to EMCC. I think it is bad for the program. It was a huge distraction and played a role, IMO, in EMCC having fights and more behavioral issues. That led to two disappointing seasons by EMCC standards.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2019, 12:46 PM
I don't want the show to go back to EMCC. I think it is bad for the program. It was a huge distraction and played a role, IMO, in EMCC having fights and more behavioral issues. That led to two disappointing seasons by EMCC standards.

Oh I 100% agree that it was time for the show and EMCC to part ways. The show probably cost them 2 more national championships. I guess my problem with it was that they tried to recreate EMCC at Independence.

louisvilledawg
02-25-2019, 12:52 PM

Agreed. I know they're going to have at least a segment or two on EMCC in the next installment because the LCU film crew was at Wyatt Robert's house last week doing some filming.

RiverCityDawg
02-25-2019, 02:15 PM

To each their own, I guess. I liked it at Scooba because of the local ties, but I thought the last season at Indy was extremely well done and the best of the three seasons. The quality of the team doesn't make the show, the storylines and characters drive it.

dawgs
02-25-2019, 04:16 PM
I'd rank the season S1 > S3 >>>> S2. Also, S4 will have tons of drama. Independence tanked and the coach is suspended for a game or 2 sounds like good reality tv to me. Netflix wants reality drama, and if that includes following a team competing for a natty, then that's great, but by no means is reality drama limited to only teams competing for natties.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 04:35 PM
I'd rank the season S1 > S3 >>>> S2. Also, S4 will have tons of drama. Independence tanked and the coach is suspended for a game or 2 sounds like good reality tv to me. Netflix wants reality drama, and if that includes following a team competing for a natty, then that's great, but by no means is reality drama limited to only teams competing for natties.

Yeah think it just got set up that way because they chose EMCC and then chose Independence which was on the rise. Independence going to be in free fall now.

StarkVegasSteve
02-25-2019, 04:47 PM

I tend to agree. I don't know if S3 was that much better than S2, but will definitely agree S2 could've been better. S1 was the best thing I've seen reality sports related in a very long time.

sleepy dawg
02-25-2019, 05:04 PM
I tend to agree. I don't know if S3 was that much better than S2, but will definitely agree S2 could've been better. S1 was the best thing I've seen reality sports related in a very long time.

I'm about here... S1 was phenomenal and eye and great new experience. I had seen nothing like it. In that regard, future seasons just can't compare. S2 and S3 were both good, but no where near S1 caliber.

Ari Gold
02-25-2019, 07:46 PM
That show needs to resign

sleepy dawg
02-26-2019, 10:07 AM
That show needs to resign

It does... Most shows in the US go on way past their prime. It really should've stopped after season 1, but now after 3 seasons, it's enough. Granted, I'll probably watch a season 4 if it comes out which is why they keep going, but I have no doubt the quality of the show will continue to dwindle hurting the overall value of the show as a series.

mstatefan91
02-26-2019, 10:22 AM
It does... Most shows in the US go on way past their prime. It really should've stopped after season 1, but now after 3 seasons, it's enough. Granted, I'll probably watch a season 4 if it comes out which is why they keep going, but I have no doubt the quality of the show will continue to dwindle hurting the overall value of the show as a series.

Season 1 and season 2 were all they needed.. After they left Scooba, that should have been it.. Go back for updates and one hour specials every year or so but be done.

gravedigger
02-26-2019, 10:47 AM

My nephew played for the last two seasons (not filmed). It was good they left for interests sake. There was little to no drama to make the show interesting the last two seasons. Buddy will always be Buddy, but there is just so much of that a viewer will watch.

My guess is they won?t film another or many more seasons.