PDA

View Full Version : The New Dude

stalkingpoon
02-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Was able to catch the game Sunday and man this place is beautiful. You can really tell that no expense was spared. I've been to AA & AAA minor league parks and ours is right up there with the best of them. Was able to scoop up some nice chair backs and also caught a few innings in the LFL, and it doesn't seem to have really lost any of its charm besides the structures.

The only negative I have is the lack of GA seating. In fact, I don't believe there is any. There were several rails to stand on to watch that I saw, but outside of that I only saw the berms that you could sit on. I feel like that might deter a lot of our fans that used to sit in the bleachers, because those would be packed many weekends. Just curious to hear other thoughts on what they thought about The New Dude.

Lord McBuckethead
02-25-2019, 10:56 AM
I can agree on the general admission areas. I really like the open areas around the field for standing and watching, but sometimes you just need a bleacher to get the numbers in the building.
For most of the games, fans should try to fill up the chairbacks as much as possible. If the LFL people have chairbacks that they are not using, they should find a few GA people to take their seats. The stadium would look fuller earlier in the game. The atmosphere would be better, and it would open up some of the berms for other fans.

The only way to get that started, is for the LFL people to get together and make it standard practice.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 11:41 AM
And stop giving passes to opposing fans for the Triple Crown Club.. Find a bulldog to give them to if you aren't going.. There shouldn't be mustard colored people sitting behind home plate on the television broadcast. (or whatever the opposing fan bases' colors are moving forward)

chainedup_Dawg
02-25-2019, 11:45 AM
You are right about the GA seating. Unfortunately that is my usual option and I made sure Sunday to look around and get a gameplan. It's going to be tough on SEC weekends, better get there extremely early.

I will say this though, for Sunday's game i was able to get my hands on some Omaha Club tickets. Everything about mine and my son's experience Sunday was nothing short of incredible. I've been to Busch Stadium, Wrigley, The Ballpark in Arlington and Autozone multiple times. None of those experiences really overshadowed my experience Sunday. Except of course size and level of play. Everything in our stadium and everything our staff and workers did during the game was absolutely top notch.

Choctaw Dawg
02-25-2019, 11:54 AM
Sat Omaha club a couple of times already, I’m extremely impressed with it, also very convenient if it’s freezing outside

AlSwearengen
02-25-2019, 12:01 PM
And stop giving passes to opposing fans for the Triple Crown Club.. Find a bulldog to give them to if you aren't going.. There shouldn't be mustard colored people sitting behind home plate on the television broadcast. (or whatever the opposing fan bases' colors are moving forward)

There seems to be some things that our fans will always suck at and this is one of them. Concerning the GA seating and empty seats, someone needs to come up with a solution. They were worried about seats being empty on TV so they limited chairbacks. Well, the people that have bought them aren’t using them (until sec games, i guess). As far as GA, I have no intention of standing during a baseball game. If I have two seats that I know that i will be able to sit in, I will make the drive. I may be willing to stand during a super regional but that is no guarantee either.

TStationDawg
02-25-2019, 12:14 PM
The park IS amazing. I agree on the GA seating but it is what it is at this point- but man- open up the chair backs sooner rather than later. If you aren't in your seats by T4, let fans already there sit down!!!!

ALSO- PARKING. IS. RIDICULOUS! I don't mind walking some, but I shouldn't have to park darn near Barns and Noble when there are 4 PARKING LOTS ONLY HOLDING 5 RVS THAT ARE ROPED OFF!!! I get there was a basketball game later that day, but the game was over in plenty of time to free up those lots. And 30 minutes before the basketball game, those lots STILL had open spaces available. That needs to be fixed.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 12:17 PM
The park IS amazing. I agree on the GA seating but it is what it is at this point- but man- open up the chair backs sooner rather than later. If you aren't in your seats by T4, let fans already there sit down!!!!

ALSO- PARKING. IS. RIDICULOUS! I don't mind walking some, but I shouldn't have to park darn near Barns and Noble when there are 4 PARKING LOTS ONLY HOLDING 5 RVS THAT ARE ROPED OFF!!! I get there was a basketball game later that day, but the game was over in plenty of time to free up those lots. And 30 minutes before the basketball game, those lots STILL had open spaces available. That needs to be fixed.

I say build a legitimate parking garage on that side of campus for pass holders and open up the other lots for first come/first serve..

Makes too much sense and would probably cost the school money because less people would buy parking passes so I doubt it happens.

Maridian Dawg
02-25-2019, 12:17 PM

I've got season Double Play Passes, and I can't stand people that give their tickets to opposing fans. For as much as people give to have those passes, why would you want to give them away, especially to opposing fans?

Seriously, the New Dude is awesome. The Triple Crown Club is great to watch a game, but the Rooftop Club is a bit disappointing. It's basically a glorified porch. But that's really nothing to complain about.

Matty Dispatch
02-25-2019, 12:26 PM
In 2019 there's got to be a better way of administering the chairback tickets. I bet there is a significant number of people who choose not to go to the game simply because they would be standing, meanwhile there are a ton of open chairbacks at the game. I'd just as soon sit in my car in the parking lot and watch the game on my phone until the 5th inning when I can sit down to relax.

If the athletic department could just send the season ticket holders a text or something to ask them if they are going to use the tickets that day. Give them an hour to respond (they knew they were going to get the text). If they say no or don't respond then offer their tickets for sale. And offer some type of great benefit for scanned tickets to encourage season ticket holders to give them away.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 12:35 PM
In 2019 there's got to be a better way of administering the chairback tickets. I bet there is a significant number of people who choose not to go to the game simply because they would be standing, meanwhile there are a ton of open chairbacks at the game. I'd just as soon sit in my car in the parking lot and watch the game on my phone until the 5th inning when I can sit down to relax.

If the athletic department could just send the season ticket holders a text or something to ask them if they are going to use the tickets that day. Give them an hour to respond (they knew they were going to get the text). If they say no or don't respond then offer their tickets for sale. And offer some type of great benefit for scanned tickets to encourage season ticket holders to give them away.
You'd need a program to automatically populate seats available/unavailable based on the response or lack thereof. It's at least an idea.. Right now, the administration just shrugs its shoulders and counts the dollars off of the yearly "donations".

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 12:38 PM
I agree. I don't care for the berms. Would much rather just have more seats there which is what was originally in the design I believe. And may happen eventually anyway. They need to do something about he grandstand and the empty seats there. The problem is- and this is odd to me- is a lot of the grandstand seat people go but sit in the LFL instead of their seats. We probably have a lot of season ticket holders that only use them for regionals and Super Regionals- and they keep their tickets for priority when the time comes. I like MattyDispatch's idea about the text. Making people sit on the grass could drive some fans away.

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 12:41 PM
You'd need a program to automatically populate seats available/unavailable based on the response or lack thereof. It's at least an idea.. Right now, the administration just shrugs its shoulders and counts the dollars off of the yearly "donations".

I feel like MSU caters way too much to the 2K that sit in the grandstand and screw the other 6K. I know that's not their intent- but that's the way I feel sometimes. GET OUT OF MY SEAT! AND MY LAWN! And if you sit in front of me you better not complain about the team or say a word!

MaroonBelle
02-25-2019, 12:42 PM

There will traditionally be so few games that basketball and baseball overlap during the year is there really a reason to change a long standing policy? The women's last home game is this week, except for NCAA tournament games. The men have a game Tuesday when baseball plays Jackson State and one more saturday home game march 9 which will be on Maine baseball game day. Usually the early season baseball games aren't as well attended. Whereas, hopefully, our late season basketball games will be well attended because of tournament importance. Especially since none are during SEC weekends. I had to park at Newell Grissom for Sunday baseball game. It's really not a bad walk in cooler weather.

I say build a legitimate parking garage on that side of campus for pass holders and open up the other lots for first come/first serve..

Makes too much sense and would probably cost the school money because less people would buy parking passes so I doubt it happens.

A new 500 space parking garage is to be built next to Howell Hall. But what will probably happen is they will just sell 500 more season passes. https://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2018/10/planned-parking-garage-add-500-spaces-msu-campus/

BrunswickDawg
02-25-2019, 12:45 PM
The text program couldn't be that hard. Even if it was something the seat owner and the fans had to sign up for in advance. They kind of do that now in football with the game week text program they have selling last minute tickets. Only difference is they are selling returned visiting team tix

Homedawg
02-25-2019, 12:45 PM

there is a parking lot being built. Or will be. Just north of the water tower north of Davis Wade and ust southeast of sanderson. Went out for bid last week. Minor problem, the low bid was 2 million over budget. So they will either need ihl to approve more money or change the specs and it will have to be re bid. Delays the project though obviously.

Matty Dispatch
02-25-2019, 01:03 PM
We probably have a lot of season ticket holders that only use them for regionals and Super Regionals- and they keep their tickets for priority when the time comes.

I think this is the main issue, and has been for years. And just from a logistical standpoint, if you live in Jackson or anywhere over an hour away it's going to be really hard to make 3 games in 3 days for a weekend series. Maybe you make 1 game, or if you have other things going on you might not make any. But you want that seat for the biggest games and have the money to buy season tickets.

We have enough demand for season tickets to be purchased but not enough for them to be used. It's a weird situation.

I think PSL's would've been a better option for baseball. Let people buy the rights to the seats, for say $500 per season. That gives them right of first refusal to all games regular or post. Most of the fans would probably purchase 3-5 regular season games and then Regional and/or Super Regional. Then those seats could be sold to the general public on a game to game basis. The $500 PSL would cover the gap for any unsold tickets for games like Jackson State or Maine.

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2019, 01:06 PM
I don't see what's so hard about selling GA tickets to the grand stand. Surely we've got enough history of attendance figures to make an accurate guesstimate on how many you sell per the series.

This is a stupid problem that has plagued our program for years and it's difficult to understand how no one in the Bryan building has put their thinking cap on long enough to fix.

Matty Dispatch
02-25-2019, 01:16 PM
I don't see what's so hard about selling GA tickets to the grand stand. Surely we've got enough history of attendance figures to make an accurate guesstimate on how many you sell per the series.

This is a stupid problem that has plagued our program for years and it's difficult to understand how no one in the Bryan building has put their thinking cap on long enough to fix.

Too focused on ensuring tickets are sold to each game over creating a great atmosphere in the grandstands with actual butts in the seats.

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2019, 01:30 PM
Too focused on ensuring tickets are sold to each game over creating a great atmosphere in the grandstands with actual butts in the seats.

Agree. The issue though is that a better atmosphere leads to selling more tickets because people have more fun.

Matty Dispatch
02-25-2019, 01:33 PM
Agree. The issue though is that a better atmosphere leads to selling more tickets because people have more fun.

Absolutely, I know there are a ton of people out there who would go to baseball games if they could get a grandstand seat. Most people don't have a friend in the LFL, and standing up or sitting in a fold out chair doesn't sound as good as watching from home. But give me a chairback (which also means a closer view) and I'm all in. I'm sure there are a significant number of people in the same boat.

Mjoelner34
02-25-2019, 01:36 PM

Here is my idea:

Since tickets are scanned when you walk through the gate at football, basketball and baseball, there is a record of that ticket being used. If you are a season ticket holder of lower bowl football between the 30's, lower bowl basketball or grandstand seating in baseball, there should be a minimum percentage of events where your ticket should be used or available on the MSU ticket office website or you lose your ticket privileges and have to get back in line. No. I do not know what that percentage should be but I'm sure a reasonable number could be determined. Of course that number would be different for each sport due to demand and the number of home games.

Scenario 1: Person A has bought 2 grandstand season tickets for baseball. Person A lives on the gulf coast and only attends SBW and 1 other SEC series. The remainder of the season, his two seats are empty because Person A has his un-used tickets on his dresser at home. He never gave them to a friend who wanted them or sent them back to the MSU ticket office. Person A just lost his privilege of holding those seats next year and must get back in line to re-order tickets and hope he gets some.

Scenario 2: Person B has bought 2 grandstand season tickets for baseball. Person B lives on the gulf coast and only attends SBW and 1 other SEC series. For the other weekend series and mid-week games, Person B cannot find anyone who wants his tickets so he places his tickets on the MSU ticket office exchange. Whether the tickets re-sell or not, Person B retains the right to those 2 season tickets next year because he made his unused spots available since he knew he was not going to make the games.

Don't be Person A.

You could also add this feature. Due to a business rescheduling, Person B realizes on Thursday that he will be able to make the SEC series starting tomorrow but, he turned his tickets into the exchange a month ago. He calls the ticket office only to find that his two particular tickets have already sold but, he is able to get two other tickets in a different location free of charge since he is a season ticket holder and, since he is a season ticket holder, he holds priority over getting those tickets over walk-up buyers.

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Just send people a notification on their phone 24 hours before the game. Are you attending: yes or no.

If yes, the ticket isn't sold.

If no, the ticket goes on sale

If you click no and change your mind, you get a GA grand stand ticket at no additional cost but are not guaranteed your seat.

Easy Peasy

This isn't rocket science. You can even run a tutorial on the video board twice a game to help the idiots.

Homedawg
02-25-2019, 01:53 PM
Here is my idea:

Since tickets are scanned when you walk through the gate at football, basketball and baseball, there is a record of that ticket being used. If you are a season ticket holder of lower bowl football between the 30's, lower bowl basketball or grandstand seating in baseball, there should be a minimum percentage of events where your ticket should be used or available on the MSU ticket office website or you lose your ticket privileges and have to get back in line. No. I do not know what that percentage should be but I'm sure a reasonable number could be determined. Of course that number would be different for each sport due to demand and the number of home games.

Scenario 1: Person A has bought 2 grandstand season tickets for baseball. Person A lives on the gulf coast and only attends SBW and 1 other SEC series. The remainder of the season, his two seats are empty because Person A has his un-used tickets on his dresser at home. He never gave them to a friend who wanted them or sent them back to the MSU ticket office. Person A just lost his privilege of holding those seats next year and must get back in line to re-order tickets and hope he gets some.

Scenario 2: Person B has bought 2 grandstand season tickets for baseball. Person B lives on the gulf coast and only attends SBW and 1 other SEC series. For the other weekend series and mid-week games, Person B cannot find anyone who wants his tickets so he places his tickets on the MSU ticket office exchange. Whether the tickets re-sell or not, Person B retains the right to those 2 season tickets next year because he made his unused spots available since he knew he was not going to make the games.

Don't be Person A.

You could also add this feature. Due to a business rescheduling, Person B realizes on Thursday that he will be able to make the SEC series starting tomorrow but, he turned his tickets into the exchange a month ago. He calls the ticket office only to find that his two particular tickets have already sold but, he is able to get two other tickets in a different location free of charge since he is a season ticket holder and, since he is a season ticket holder, he holds priority over getting those tickets over walk-up buyers.

I quit reading after the first few sentences. NO WAY we are going to toss somebody who is a season ticket holder paying a seat licensing agreement. No way.

Mjoelner34
02-25-2019, 02:09 PM
I quit reading after the first few sentences. NO WAY we are going to toss somebody who is a season ticket holder paying a seat licensing agreement. No way.

Then the whole argument about not having GA seating is moot. All grandstand seating is sold out as season tickets and there is currently zero incentive for anyone to put their unused tickets on the exchange. Please excuse me for putting forth an idea instead of just bitching about not having a seat because someone didn't buy a season ticket.

ETA: Since you think the loss of ticket privileges is too harsh (which I tend to agree with although I'm the one that proposed it), what if there were some extra incentive given based upon the usage/availability rate of your tickets? I have no idea what type of incentive you could give but, there has to be some incentive to get those who are sitting at home with season tickets to turn their unused tickets into the exchange before things will get better.

Matty Dispatch
02-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Then the whole argument about not having GA seating is moot. All grandstand seating is sold out as season tickets and there is currently zero incentive for anyone to put their unused tickets on the exchange. Please excuse me for putting forth an idea instead of just bitching about not having a seat because someone didn't buy a season ticket.

I appreciated your idea. I think Alabama does something similar with their student section. It's pretty stupid to put down someone's idea on a message board as most everything said falls of deaf ears anyway. Until the administration puts some value on actually having fans at the stadium then it's not going to change. I think they are missing a market for getting more people to DNF, but based on their lack of action over this continuing issue, I guess they view baseball attendance as something that never sells out with all the GA tickets and you can find a seat after the 5th inning in one of their sold but unused grandstand seats so it's all fine and dandy. I bet the players would like to have a packed grandstand in the first few innings though.

MStateDawg
02-25-2019, 02:56 PM
but the Rooftop Club is a bit disappointing. It's basically a glorified porch.

Is there a restroom up there? Can you access the roof via an elevator or must you take the stairs? Are you bound by the same policies as someone who enters the stadium: clear bags, small coolers, etc?

MedDawg
02-25-2019, 03:44 PM

The first thing they need to do is allow GA ticketholders into the grandstand after the first inning, with the understanding that you WILL move without question if the season ticketholder shows up. For Sunday's game, there were a couple guys in our grandstand seats. We didn't make them move, we just sat in empty seats one row back. If chairbacks were not sold out, this would take away an incentive to buy season tickets. But we ARE sold out. So until we expand, allow them in early. When we expand, take away early moves to the grandstand until we sell those out.

If you allow GA ticketholders to move to the grandstand after 1 inning, most GA fans will be happy except for the few biggest games when there are no open grandstand seats.

Unused ticket program: I think in the 2000's there was a program for one year where you could turn in football tickets you weren't going to use and get priority points, and the athletic department would resell them. As I remember it, it was successful, but required too much manpower by the athletic department or cost them too much money, so they scrapped it. Plus no one was giving back tickets to the big games, only the MTSU games, and those weren't in demand for reselling.

The program would be really easy to do now, as you can give tickets back and sell them all electronically. For baseball, it would help get more fans to the non-conference games. We would still run into the problem of too many non-conf games tickets to resell and not enough SEC Saturday tickets given up for reselling, but at least it wouldn't take a lot of manpower from the athletic department.

MedDawg
02-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Is there a restroom up there?

Peeing off the rooftop lounge is the best part of going up there.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Peeing off the rooftop lounge is the best part of going up there.

I wondered why that rain was so warm...

Matty Dispatch
02-25-2019, 04:20 PM
Unused ticket program: I think in the 2000's there was a program for one year where you could turn in football tickets you weren't going to use and get priority points, and the athletic department would resell them. As I remember it, it was successful, but required too much manpower by the athletic department or cost them too much money, so they scrapped it. Plus no one was giving back tickets to the big games, only the MTSU games, and those weren't in demand for reselling.

The program would be really easy to do now, as you can give tickets back and sell them all electronically. For baseball, it would help get more fans to the non-conference games. We would still run into the problem of too many non-conf games tickets to resell and not enough SEC Saturday tickets given up for reselling, but at least it wouldn't take a lot of manpower from the athletic department.

If they could just integrate the ticket sales with a notification sent to season ticket holders letting the system know if they'll be at the game or not, then if the ticket sells they'll get a refund of that money (minus 10-15% handling fee). If not, they pay for the ticket as it was going to be anyway. That way the athletic department doesn't lose any money. The ticket could even be sold with a markup from the price the season ticket holder purchased it for to account for the handling fee (which would be the cost of creating this computerized system).

Have the grandstands ever really been full? Like 95% full. I sat there for Game 1 of the 2016 Super Regional, and I'd say the grandstands were 75-80% full on a Friday night. I think if you figured out a way to offer grandstand tickets for sale, even at $5 above GA price, they'd sell over the GA tickets 3 out of every 4 fans. At least in this new stadium with no bleachers - which as bad as they were it was a place to sit.

The bottom line is there are ways to get fans in those seats but the admin doesn't seem very motivated to figure it out. Maybe they will after they see how the new stadium does. Hopefully. Right now it kind of sucks if you live out of state, therefore don't have season tickets, don't know anyone in the LFL and want to catch a series.

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 04:45 PM
If I'm not mistaken- I think midweeks games anyone can sit anywhere that is open.

Todd4State
02-25-2019, 04:48 PM
If they could just integrate the ticket sales with a notification sent to season ticket holders letting the system know if they'll be at the game or not, then if the ticket sells they'll get a refund of that money (minus 10-15% handling fee). If not, they pay for the ticket as it was going to be anyway. That way the athletic department doesn't lose any money. The ticket could even be sold with a markup from the price the season ticket holder purchased it for to account for the handling fee (which would be the cost of creating this computerized system).

Have the grandstands ever really been full? Like 95% full. I sat there for Game 1 of the 2016 Super Regional, and I'd say the grandstands were 75-80% full on a Friday night. I think if you figured out a way to offer grandstand tickets for sale, even at $5 above GA price, they'd sell over the GA tickets 3 out of every 4 fans. At least in this new stadium with no bleachers - which as bad as they were it was a place to sit.

The bottom line is there are ways to get fans in those seats but the admin doesn't seem very motivated to figure it out. Maybe they will after they see how the new stadium does. Hopefully. Right now it kind of sucks if you live out of state, therefore don't have season tickets, don't know anyone in the LFL and want to catch a series.

I'm hoping that it's a matter of just them figuring things out. It really shouldn't be difficult to implement with today's technology. At any rate I can't imagine why anyone at MSU in the Bryan Building would think that an empty grandstand would be a good thing.

You're right- I feel like everyone upgraded with the new stadium except the people in the bleachers. They got put on the grass unless they want to stand the entire game.

Homedawg
02-25-2019, 05:05 PM
as for yesterday, I know several people with grandstand seats that moved from them to the outfield because the temp was 15 degrees different in them vs the sun. I'm sure they weren't alone. Lots of people standing in the sun. Felt good there.

RocketDawg
02-25-2019, 07:57 PM
Was able to catch the game Sunday and man this place is beautiful. You can really tell that no expense was spared. I've been to AA & AAA minor league parks and ours is right up there with the best of them. Was able to scoop up some nice chair backs and also caught a few innings in the LFL, and it doesn't seem to have really lost any of its charm besides the structures.

The only negative I have is the lack of GA seating. In fact, I don't believe there is any. There were several rails to stand on to watch that I saw, but outside of that I only saw the berms that you could sit on. I feel like that might deter a lot of our fans that used to sit in the bleachers, because those would be packed many weekends. Just curious to hear other thoughts on what they thought about The New Dude.

They're building a new AA stadium here but it will be about half the capacity of the Dude. It'll have some amenities ... like a water park behind center field fence and a Margaritaville hotel just behind that (neither of those is not being paid for by the stadium folks, but are being built because of it), but I don't think it'll come close to the atmosphere of Dudy Noble.

HoopsDawg
02-25-2019, 08:03 PM
as for yesterday, I know several people with grandstand seats that moved from them to the outfield because the temp was 15 degrees different in them vs the sun. I'm sure they weren't alone. Lots of people standing in the sun. Felt good there.

What inning do the ushers stop checking tickets for the grandstand?

Maridian Dawg
02-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Is there a restroom up there? Can you access the roof via an elevator or must you take the stairs? Are you bound by the same policies as someone who enters the stadium: clear bags, small coolers, etc?

There are restrooms, and you can take the 4 flights of stairs or ride the elevator. And since the Left Field Lofts aren't physically connected to the stadium, you must exit the stadium to go to the Loft building. When you reenter Dudy Noble, you have to show your Double Play pass and a ticket, because a Double Play Pass doesn't get you into the game. And they do follow the clear bag policy.

Maridian Dawg
02-25-2019, 08:27 PM

As long as you act like you're supposed to be there and don't even look at the usher when you go into the section, you should be fine.

mstatefan91
02-25-2019, 08:58 PM
As long as you act like you're supposed to be there and don't even look at the usher when you go into the section, you should be fine.

Depends on the usher

Homedawg
02-25-2019, 10:17 PM

Depends on the game and the usher.

Dawgcap
02-25-2019, 10:35 PM
I can’t wait. Gonna stand in right field with a few friends and my daughter and her friends tomorrow. I look forward to seeing the changes from last year and am excited to be a mid week fan in right field.

MedDawg
02-26-2019, 08:42 AM
I can?t wait. Gonna stand in right field with a few friends and my daughter and her friends tomorrow. I look forward to seeing the changes from last year and am excited to be a mid week fan in right field.

Even though it was partially finished last year it just doesn't compare to the stadium now. The two finished decks and the lofts just add to your whole field of vision to form an incredible sight. You turn your head and it's incredible in every direction.

DawgFromOxford
02-26-2019, 09:41 AM
I was told general admission can sit in the chair backs during midweek games, provided you move if someone has a ticket to the seat you sat in. I noticed the upper deck chair back ushers were much more relaxed when it came to checking tickets than the lower deck, so maybe try there (can't promise this will work).

smootness
02-26-2019, 09:52 AM
I was told general admission can sit in the chair backs during midweek games, provided you move if someone has a ticket to the seat you sat in. I noticed the upper deck chair back ushers were much more relaxed when it came to checking tickets than the lower deck, so maybe try there (can't promise this will work).

Why not also allow that on the weekend?

mstatefan91
02-26-2019, 10:25 AM
Why not also allow that on the weekend?

Because it makes too much sense...

Really, it's because they don't want a bunch of upset season ticket holders.. I ran into this problem at a women's game recently. They've made the student section smaller and sold off part of it to new season ticket holders. I was unaware and I wound up sitting in multiple season ticket holder seats. The first ladies were nice. The last old man was a dick..

MStateDawg
02-26-2019, 11:02 AM
I noticed the upper deck chair back ushers were much more relaxed when it came to checking tickets than the lower deck.

I noticed this in my upper level section as well. I got to Sunday's game between the top and bottom of the 1st and there were already 4 people in my seats. There were random people coming and going through my section both Saturday & Sunday and I don't think I was asked for a stub by an usher all weekend long.

As a season ticketholder, I have no problem with this as long as the people move when you ask them to (and I've never had that be an issue).