PDA

View Full Version : If we do end up 6-6

curmudgeon
10-20-2013, 12:51 PM
We will likely be the 12th SEC bowl-eligible team. The SEC has 10 tie-ins.

If two SEC teams make BCS games, then there will likely be at least one spot for an extra SEC team. But if only one SEC team makes the BCS, we'll probably be home at 6-6. The only SEC team that I think we could be more attractive then is Vandy, and they could end up 7-5 if they beat Tennessee.

I hate bowls. I think the top 16 should just play it off, and any conference champion in the top 25 should take a spot in said playoff.

Updated:

Right now, there are five bowl slots that are being projected not to fill in.

Heart of Dallas (Big 12 #8)
Little Caesar's- Detroit (Big 10 #8)
Poinsettia (Army)
Idaho Potato (MWC #6)
Beef O'Brady's- St. Petersburg (AAC #6)

Army isn't going to qualify, so the Poinsettia spot is open.
The AAC sixth place team is currently 2-4 (SMU and South Florida). That spot is likely open.
The Big 12 #8 teams are 2-4 (0-3), Kansas and Kansas State, that spot is likely open.

Indiana and Illinois are 3-4 and 3-3, respectably. They have tough schedules, but one of them might be able to get to the Big 10 #8 slot, unless the Big 10 gets two in the BCS.
The MWC #6 team is 3-4 (Colorado State). They have a shot.

So at least 3, possibly 5 spots. Could be tight.

Quaoarsking
10-20-2013, 01:14 PM
I think it will be fine. There's always a scramble at the end for which 6-6 MAC and Sun Belt teams will get the last few open slots, and we'd be ahead of all of them. If we're 6-6, we'll get some bowl somewhere.

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 01:16 PM
the Belk Bowl will take our extra if needed. SEC contract with them kicks in soon and they'll want to make us happy.

chef dixon
10-20-2013, 01:44 PM
If we were to go to a bowl that doesn't typically take an SEC school I'd be all for it. Spice things up instead of the usual low end SEC bowls.

MarketingBully01
10-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Vandy going 7-5? They won't beat Tennessee and it is still possible they go 5-7.

HailState39110
10-20-2013, 01:56 PM
and took a spot from one of the big boys from the East (Florida or Georgia) . I would venture to say the loser of the Florida/Georgia game will be in the Music City or Liberty .Missouri has obviously put themselves in a good position. Even with Ole Miss winning it really didn't help them that Georgia, Florida, and USC all lost yesterday and I think all 3 of those teams would still be ahead of OM in the bowl selection process. I had Tennessee at 5-7 until they won yesterday so the victory over SC probably at least puts them at 6-6. If the bowls selected today, I would venture it would look something like this:

Nat'l Champ - Alabama v. Oregon
Sugar - LSU v. Florida State
Cap One - Missouri v. Nebraska
Cotton - Texas A&M v. Oklahoma State
Outback - South Carolina v. Wisconsin
ChickFilA -Auburn v. Miami (Fl)
Gator - Florida v. Michigan State
Music City - Georgia v. Maryland
Liberty - Ole Miss v. Marshall
Independence - Tennessee v. Georgia Tech
BBVA - Vanderbilt v. Central Florida

Fiesta - Baylor v. Fresno State
Orange- Clemson v Louisville
Rose- Ohio State v. Stanford

*Miss St, Arkansas , Kentucky at home*

curmudgeon
10-20-2013, 02:15 PM
and took a spot from one of the big boys from the East (Florida or Georgia) . I would venture to say the loser of the Florida/Georgia game will be in the Music City or Liberty .Missouri has obviously put themselves in a good position. Even with Ole Miss winning it really didn't help them that Georgia, Florida, and USC all lost yesterday and I think all 3 of those teams would still be ahead of OM in the bowl selection process. I had Tennessee at 5-7 until they won yesterday so the victory over SC probably at least puts them at 6-6. If the bowls selected today, I would venture it would look something like this:

Nat'l Champ - Alabama v. Oregon
Sugar - LSU v. Florida State
Cap One - Missouri v. Nebraska
Cotton - Texas A&M v. Oklahoma State
Outback - South Carolina v. Wisconsin
ChickFilA -Auburn v. Miami (Fl)
Gator - Florida v. Michigan State
Music City - Georgia v. Maryland
Liberty - Ole Miss v. Marshall
Independence - Tennessee v. Georgia Tech
BBVA - Vanderbilt v. Central Florida

Fiesta - Baylor v. Fresno State
Orange- Clemson v Louisville
Rose- Ohio State v. Stanford

*Miss St, Arkansas , Kentucky at home*

Hard to imagine Central Florida dropping to the BBVA. I think they end up in the Sugar Bowl. The AAC champ has an auto bid to the BCS.

HIGHDOG
10-20-2013, 02:35 PM
if we go 6/6, the liberty would love to have us...jiho...tom

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 02:35 PM
and LSU already has two losses and if Bama is going to the NCG, I assume that's a predicted loss as well. A 3-loss LSU isn't going to the Sugar Bowl.

Quaoarsking
10-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Hard to imagine Central Florida dropping to the BBVA. I think they end up in the Sugar Bowl. The AAC champ has an auto bid to the BCS.

Right. Unless UCF loses twice in the AAC (unlikely), they're headed to a BCS bowl.

MarketingBully01
10-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Doubt it, Vandy still has a lot of losable games left. If we are 6-6, we will go to a bowl. Vandy proved nothing to me beating a hapless Georgia team. Heck it's possible Georgia finishes 5-7. That is how bad their injuries hurt them. They already had no defense. Add them losing all of their weapons and they are a marginal team at best.