PDA

View Full Version : Pitching

I seen it dawg
02-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Thru 2 wkds we are starting to see some roles take shape.

Small, Ginn, James of course wkd rotation.

Liebelt and Brandon Smith are the righties and Eagan and Barlow are the lefties who come out first.
Gordon is apparently our closer.
Plumlee is Long guy and midweek starter.
Colby White has flashed and could be a huge piece for us.
Cerantola and Price are wildcards for different reasons. Price health and Cerantola is electric but a wild horse.
Self just isn't healthy it looks like. A shame bc he could really help us.
Breaux, Elkins, Spring, Brock and Macleod (health) we haven't seen really. And may not. Really would have been nice to have Breaux to be right and have that one more LH.

That makes 9 guys plus Self and Price whose health is in question. Curious how many wkd guys we carry.

CadaverDawg
02-24-2019, 06:52 PM
What is up with Breaux? Injuries? Kid was highly touted

TNDawg35
02-24-2019, 06:53 PM
I wouldn’t mind seeing Colby White or Cerentola start a mid wk to see what happens.

I seen it dawg
02-24-2019, 07:03 PM
I like Whites power arm out of the pen and just want a Cerantola to get work. He's electric and if he can figure it out by May he will be a huge weapon.

I just don't think Breaux has been or ever will be right after getting hurt, it's unfortunate bc he was really talented.

Coursesuper
02-24-2019, 08:06 PM
I wouldn’t mind seeing Colby White or Cerentola start a mid wk to see what happens.

He was a closer in juco and he comes in and throws gas. He’s not a starter.

ShotgunDawg
02-24-2019, 08:19 PM

Colby White is a Major League 7th inning guy. Don't dare start him and take away what makes him special.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2019, 08:27 PM

Colby is a reliever. He is really just a one pitch pitcher. Off speed stuff is just average, but his fastball electric. He likes the relief role especially closing.

Choctaw Dawg
02-24-2019, 08:31 PM
What yall thinking for the week? Cerantola Tuesday and Plumlee Wednesday? Other way around?

I seen it dawg
02-24-2019, 08:56 PM
I'd flip it bc Plumlee is the long guy and would be ready more easily going on Tue.

CadaverDawg
02-24-2019, 08:57 PM
I'd flip it bc Plumlee is the long guy and would be ready more easily going on Tue.

Yep. I agree

MetEdDawg
02-24-2019, 08:59 PM
What yall thinking for the week? Cerantola Tuesday and Plumlee Wednesday? Other way around?

This is what I would want but we probably do have to flip it. With us playing Sam Houston, Texas Tech, and Nebraska this weekend we need Plumlee ready to go Sunday.

If this were our week before our Maine series I would be fine with Plumlee Wednesday and Cerantola Tuesday.

The Federalist Engineer
02-24-2019, 08:59 PM
What is up with Breaux? Injuries? Kid was highly touted

He and Parker Ford were the highest rated Recruits of the cursed 2015 pitching class.

His summer and fall ball stats were brutal. I don't think anybody knows anything.

Choctaw Dawg
02-24-2019, 09:11 PM
He and Parker Ford were the highest rated Recruits of the cursed 2015 pitching class.

His summer and fall ball stats were brutal. I don't think anybody knows anything.

Rehab has probably been rough to him, sucks cause he was a really good lefty as a freshman.

I seen it dawg
02-24-2019, 09:13 PM
He just can't seem to regain his pre injury form.

Homedawg
02-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Did breuax make the final roster? I haven't seen him but, to be honest I haven't looked hard for him either.

I seen it dawg
02-24-2019, 09:16 PM
He is on the online version

Homedawg
02-24-2019, 09:44 PM
He is on the online version

Yeah. I see 36 so one is gone. Need to look next pre-game and can figure it out.

Todd4State
02-24-2019, 10:23 PM
I want to see Cerentola in the rotation by the end of the year if he is ready. I could see him being this year's Zac Houston if all goes well. With our pen as deep as it is I'd start him midweek and just develop him hopefully into a dangerous starting pitcher by the end of the year.

Todd4State
02-24-2019, 10:24 PM
This is what I would want but we probably do have to flip it. With us playing Sam Houston, Texas Tech, and Nebraska this weekend we need Plumlee ready to go Sunday.

If this were our week before our Maine series I would be fine with Plumlee Wednesday and Cerantola Tuesday.

If it were me, I'd go Cerentola on Tuesday and Tyler Spring on Weds. Just keep Plumlee in the pen.

MetEdDawg
02-24-2019, 10:33 PM
If it were me, I'd go Cerentola on Tuesday and Tyler Spring on Weds. Just keep Plumlee in the pen.

I would like to throw a little bit more experienced arm at SE LA. That's a solid ball club. But if I knew Plumlee would be the difference against Sam Houston or Texas Tech and it cost me a loss to SE LA I'll take that all day and twice on Sundays.

Todd4State
02-24-2019, 10:56 PM
I would like to throw a little bit more experienced arm at SE LA. That's a solid ball club. But if I knew Plumlee would be the difference against Sam Houston or Texas Tech and it cost me a loss to SE LA I'll take that all day and twice on Sundays.

Coming into today SELU had only won one game. They also lost their pitching coach to Tulane. They may be having a down year.

MetEdDawg
02-24-2019, 11:25 PM
Coming into today SELU had only won one game. They also lost their pitching coach to Tulane. They may be having a down year.

Well their 1st 4 games were 3 against La Tech, who I think wins CUSA this year, and LSU, which they lost 6-5. So I gave them a bit of a pass. The loss to Stony Brook yesterday was not good though.

Todd4State
02-24-2019, 11:40 PM
Well their 1st 4 games were 3 against La Tech, who I think wins CUSA this year, and LSU, which they lost 6-5. So I gave them a bit of a pass. The loss to Stony Brook yesterday was not good though.

We'll see. They do beat us more than they should- but they also see to have the uncanny ability to play us at the right time. Like I remember playing them in Hammond after we had like 4-5 guys fer banged up or something like that. They may best us again but I feel OK rolling the dice against them because I think Spring is a good pitcher too and we have a deep pen plus we have two starters on Friday and Saturday who typically go deep into games.