PDA

View Full Version : Question.. Is SECN+ still free?...

maroonmania
02-21-2019, 10:16 PM
With a cable provider that is? Tonight I was trying to watch the women's game but my ESPN app kept saying I was only partially authorized to watch the game although when I tried to do other SECN games it played. I notice now they have an ESPN+ that you have to pay for and didn't know if the SECN+ fell under that and maybe that is why I couldn't pull up the game.

RocketDawg
02-21-2019, 10:28 PM
Yes, it's like it's always been as far as I can tell. I didn't have any trouble with it tonight except it hung up one time for about 15 seconds. ESPN+ is about $5/month I think, but I've not seen anything they have that's worth paying extra for.

Dawg61
02-21-2019, 10:46 PM
With a cable provider that is? Tonight I was trying to watch the women's game but my ESPN app kept saying I was only partially authorized to watch the game although when I tried to do other SECN games it played. I notice now they have an ESPN+ that you have to pay for and didn't know if the SECN+ fell under that and maybe that is why I couldn't pull up the game.

Nothing's changed except the WatchESPN app has become glitchy as 17. You have to go to schedule & replays and click on it that way. If you click on it through the initial home screen it'll redirect you and say you don't have the correct account to watch this to try to get you to sign up to ESPN+. It's false advertising basically or a way to trick you into upgrading your account. ESPN is pulling some shady shit here with this. They also will intentionally not display the game you want till after a couple minutes to again try to trick you into signing up for ESPN+.

maroonmania
02-21-2019, 11:03 PM
Yea, something going on with my ESPN account. On all my devices when I try to live stream an ESPN program it says I need to reauthenticate even though I'm logged in with both my provider and with ESPN. First time I've had this issue that I can remember. Nothing specific to SECN+ as it turns out.

RocketDawg
02-21-2019, 11:07 PM
Yea, something going on with my ESPN account. On all my devices when I try to live stream an ESPN program it says I need to reauthenticate even though I'm logged in with both my provider and with ESPN. First time I've had this issue that I can remember. Nothing specific to SECN+ as it turns out.

I should mention that I use Roku on my television. I've only had to sign in again once since the basketball season started. I'm not sure how it is on iPads or phones or whatever.

Dawg61
02-21-2019, 11:29 PM

Hit the "schedule & replays" tab on the top and your problem will go away

yjnkdawg
02-21-2019, 11:48 PM
Nothing's changed except the WatchESPN app has become glitchy as 17. You have to go to schedule & replays and click on it that way. If you click on it through the initial home screen it'll redirect you and say you don't have the correct account to watch this to try to get you to sign up to ESPN+. It's false advertising basically or a way to trick you into upgrading your account. ESPN is pulling some shady shit here with this. They also will intentionally not display the game you want till after a couple minutes to again try to trick you into signing up for ESPN+.

I hadn't experienced these problems. I use ROKU and have AT&T Uverse. I did have a problem, a while back when it said I was not authorized to view, and AT&T said they couldn't determine if it was an ESPN or an AT&T issue (it was an AT&T issue). Since then WatchESPN has worked fine, and I can click on a game off the home screen, and no redirects, etc.