PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Little Brother Meltdown Edition

Coach34
10-20-2013, 11:09 AM
1. Florida is 4-3. Boom's offense is The Suck. 155 yards yesterday. Even Crooms is laughing at you Boom. Nick Saban is winning titles because he learned from years of stifling Jimbo Fisher on offense at LSU- and figured out he better get an offense that can score. It can't be defense all the time. Florida, with Florida talent, is last in the SEC in offense. This guy was the hottest coaching prospect in college football just a few years ago, he may be the biggest flop before it's over.

2. Georgia is also 4-3. Injuries have decimated this team. I said earlier this week if the white TB played- Georgia was going to lose. You can't play with your 4th string TB and 3rd string WR's and win the in the SEC today- no matter who you are. Georgia fans will bitch, but Richt isnt going anywhere.

3. Mizzou has all but won the East. SC is the only team that has a chance now- and they have to win in Missouri plus hope someone else can knock them off. This program was used to winning when it came to the SEC- and after an injury-plagued 1st season- they have rebounded. Just think if they would have fired Pinkel after last season like the fans wanted????

4. Texas A&M's D is every bit as bad as I thought it was. Giving up almost 500 ypg- and 60 more yards more than the next closest team. If they didnt have the best 2 offensive players in the SEC in Manziel and Evans- they would be a 5-7 win team. Evans may be the best WR the SEC has ever seen though. I'm not sure we can get enough stops to beat them- but we will put some points up vs them. They still have to travel to LSU and Mizzou- so they still have problems ahead.

5. LSU wtf???? I realize OM was the 4th game of a tough stretch, but damn. Why get so impatient in the 1st half? Why keep calling the post route Cameron? That stupidity in the 1st half cost you a big ballgame and a chance at the SEC title.

6. As I said in the preseason- once the losses starting mounting for UPig- that excitement of Bielema would start to fade. Their SEC schedule was brutal this year- and we are seeing the excitement get crushed out of them. We are also seeing that Beautiful Bobby really didnt recruit that well the last couple of years. 52-7 and 52-0 takes alot of your team and people start pointing fingers. They have an off week to get ready for Auburn at home- will be interesting to see how they respond.

7. Big win for Vandy and Franklin. Too bad it doesnt count as a signature under the "Mullen rules"- Georgia is only 4-3 this year.

8. Good win for Butch Jones and Tennessee. Knocking out Conner Shaw could be a bonus for teams playing them from here on out. Tennessee has at least 5 draft picks starting for them- and Jones is figuring out how to use them. They are getting better on defense and finally getting enough offense to make it worthwhile.

9. Good job by the Malzahn regime. They have gotten better each week and are really coming on. They are doing a great job of mixing veteran talent with the youngsters.

10. I am embarrassed by the way our fans acted on the board last night. Little Brother Syndrome ran rampant through this place. Great job by Freezus and crew pulling off the upset. They find a way damn near every year to play LSU well- regardless of records. That's one thing they have done at times that we havent in the last 40 years- play way above their head against highly ranked opponents from time to time. That's a real credit to them.
They are our rival and it's good to keep tabs on what they do. It's alot of fun to give jabs to them over things. Hell, I get some of their fans so damn mad, they have literally made calls to a former employer about me. But what you wont see out of me is any type of knee jerk over-reaction to something they do. They are still Ole Miss. They are the West team that has never been to Atlanta. You have to go back 25 years for them to have a lead over us in the rivalry (13-12). Neither school is ever going to dominate in-state recruiting for more than a year or two- no matter what the records are. Freaking out because OM upsets LSU is ludacris. You always want to outperform your rival, but damn people, some of you seem suicidal.

I'm not ecstatic about losing the game to Auburn we should have won. But when I look at us this year, I see a team that is improving. I see that Mullen saw the cluster**** our offense was vs Ok State, and he said screw it- I'm going back to coaching what I know best. And since we made the offensive changes after Ok State, we have greatly improved on offense. What am I looking for the last 6 games? A team that continues to get better on offense, and wins games vs Kentucky, UPig, and Ole Miss. I'm concerned about our Secondary- but I expect them to get coached up and start performing better. Love has had time now to get better, Redmond is in full-time, Cox needs to figure out wtf is going on, Whitley needs to get better or get gone....we'll see down the stretch. What we need to do is get fired up for Thursday and beat Kentucky's ass. Then we have a couple of extra days to get ready for SC- so we should be ready to play and perform well on that trip. I'm excited about the next 2 weeks for our team. You should be too.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Outstanding post.

TrapGame
10-20-2013, 11:27 AM
I can get on board with this. Good one.

Pollodawg
10-20-2013, 11:27 AM
The season isn't over. We'll still beat the hell out of UK, and I expect us to break the hillbilly curse this season as well. Arky is terrible. The EB will be a fight still. Mullen will be doing all he can to grab some mo back from the bears. Just hope it's enough.

CJDAWG85
10-20-2013, 11:30 AM
+1

Bring the noise Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear@Work
10-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Good post, Coach. Thanks for putting things in perspective for the fanbase. I used to be in the anti-OM camp but have realized that there is no way one of us will run away from the other more than a year or two. I do, however, believe either one/both of us have the ability to compete for the division title with the right scheme and personnel in place. So there's really no need to be divisive.

We can start building this program to great things if the anti-OM people would start supporting their university more and quit worrying about big brother up the road. Do you think Auburn is sitting at home watching every Alabama game and crying because they can't mimic everything Alabama does? Hell no they aren't. They're doing things their own way and getting results. We can/should/will do the same.

BeastMan
10-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Mizzou is in great shape but they in no way have it wrapped up. They close their SEC schedule w/at Ole miss and A&M at home. They could easily lose both. Beating USC is almost a must win to go to Atlanta

Coach34
10-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Mizzou is in great shape but they in no way have it wrapped up. They close their SEC schedule w/at Ole miss and A&M at home. They could easily lose both. Beating USC is almost a must win to go to Atlanta

Georgia still has to play Fla and at Auburn
Florida still has Georgia, Vandy, and at SC

and these two lose the tiebreaker vs Mizzou

SC and Tenn are the only ones with a chance now- and SC goes to Mizzou this week for their 3rd straight road game, and also plays us and Fla
Tenn still has Bama and Auburn plus goes to Mizzou

Gonna be hard for Mizzou to **** this up

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2013, 12:58 PM
State fans here and there keeping writing that aTms defense is terrible.

Well, we better damn well put some points up over there then.

Arkansas ....I am with ya on that one. They are falling apart. We finally get a win there. To bad there only be a few hundred State fans there to see it.

Drugdog
10-20-2013, 01:06 PM
C34, I would have liked to hear a pregame speech. Nice. You nailed it.

Fire Bracky and the commercials.

Bamboo
10-20-2013, 01:25 PM
The only problem I have is our fans little man syndrome. Freaking out over a rebneck win over a bad lsu team has no impact on how I view our season.
The only thing they do better than us is the whole "fakeit till you make it" attitude that their whole fanbase subscribes to. They are proof positive that if you tell a lie consistent enough you can get others to believe it. As one of the historical sec football cellar dwellars they had to be creative to change the perception of their program. Recruits and even the media ignore the facts when so many people say the exact same thing.
im not suggesting that we take it to that extreme, but it would certainly help if we as a fanbase could learn to act and post in a more optimistic and positive manner.
Pretend that everything we post is read by our rivals, our recruits and the media.

Btw...im concerned with the way we seem to be finishing games, but now that our team is over that nasty flu that they had the past month, our awesome conditiining program should allow us to be the strong finishing team we have always been**. (Too much?)

BeastMan
10-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Georgia still has to play Fla and at Auburn
Florida still has Georgia, Vandy, and at SC

and these two lose the tiebreaker vs Mizzou

SC and Tenn are the only ones with a chance now- and SC goes to Mizzou this week for their 3rd straight road game, and also plays us and Fla
Tenn still has Bama and Auburn plus goes to Mizzou

Gonna be hard for Mizzou to **** this up

No doubt they have the major leg up but with the freshman QB they could easily lose 2-3 SEC games. USCe is their only competition at this point and that is only if they beat Mizzou and win out (besides Clemson).