PDA

View Full Version : Jim boeheim run over a man last night

msstate7
02-21-2019, 10:13 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/jim-boeheim-hits-kills-man-on-interstate-roadside-report-says/16w0v7e7y7c2q1fpzymow731yj

mstatefan91
02-21-2019, 10:24 AM
Damn, that's incredibly sad and unfortunate. Looks like an accident.. wow

sleepy dawg
02-21-2019, 10:59 AM
How incredibly sad.

DownwardDawg
02-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Very scary. I crashed into the cement wall/median south of Nashville very early Sunday morning. Me, wife, and son standing in the rain calling 911 scared to death this same thing was gonna happen. It’s a bad feeling.
I hate it for Jim too. You know he’s sick about it.

ScoobaDawg
02-21-2019, 02:23 PM
Incredible sad...

Commercecomet24
02-21-2019, 02:24 PM
Just awful. Very sad for all involved.

MetEdDawg
02-21-2019, 03:26 PM
I can't imagine. Car was in the middle of the road and he moved to get out of the way. Hit the guy as he was trying to avoid hitting the car. Just terrible.

Hot Rock
02-21-2019, 04:22 PM
" speeds appropriate for the highway" What does that even mean?

Why didn't he slow down? Did he not see him in time to slow down or did he not give a crap about others enough to slow down? I have no idea and certainly cannot tell without a thorough investigation and may not even "if" they do one.

Everyone should always slow down when you see either a disabled vehicle in the road or the police have someone pulled over. Just use caution, it could save someone's life. You may not know that you just saved a life. That's the thing about the preventing of accidents, they don't happen so you may not know you did anything worth while but if everyone slowed down there would be fewer incidents.

Dawg61
02-21-2019, 08:26 PM

Why didn't he slow down? Did he not see him in time to slow down or did he not give a crap about others enough to slow down? I have no idea and certainly cannot tell without a thorough investigation and may not even "if" they do one.

Everyone should always slow down when you see either a disabled vehicle in the road or the police have someone pulled over. Just use caution, it could save someone's life. You may not know that you just saved a life. That's the thing about the preventing of accidents, they don't happen so you may not know you did anything worth while but if everyone slowed down there would be fewer incidents.

Lot of speculation in this post. He obviously didn't see the not moving vehicle till the last second or else he would of slowed down. Obviously. I think we can assume Boehiem doesn't drive around like John Wick.

thedawginme
02-21-2019, 09:42 PM
Lot of speculation in this post. He obviously didn't see the not moving vehicle till the last second or else he would of slowed down. Obviously. I think we can assume Boehiem doesn't drive around like John Wick.

Agree. Why do people blabber on, assuming things that result in bad rumors, when they don't know **** about the situation?

Hot Rock
02-21-2019, 09:47 PM
You have more speculation than me. I said that i didn't know and yet you assume he wasn't at fault because the article said, "a speed appropriate for the highway". That just begins to tell the story of what happened.

I placed no blame, I just took the opportunity to preach about a pet peeve of mine about people slowing down. Sure, that's the safety-co in me coming out which created a boring post that few if any read.

You could call me on assuming that Jimbo wouldn't get properly investigated in Syracuse, NY but that's not much of a stretch. A lot of accidents don't get investigated at all much less thoroughly.

Dawg61
02-21-2019, 10:13 PM
You have more speculation than me. I said that i didn't know and yet you assume he wasn't at fault because the article said, "a speed appropriate for the highway". That just begins to tell the story of what happened.

I placed no blame, I just took the opportunity to preach about a pet peeve of mine about people slowing down. Sure, that's the safety-co in me coming out which created a boring post that few if any read.

You could call me on assuming that Jimbo wouldn't get properly investigated in Syracuse, NY but that's not much of a stretch. A lot of accidents don't get investigated at all much less thoroughly.

He wasn't speeding therefore there's zero blame to be laid on him. You're assuming he had time to see warning signs of a potential danger ahead but I read it to assume he was pretty much the first one on the scene and didn't have any warning signs showing he needed to slow down and proceed with caution. I'm just not a big fan of throwing extra blame at someone that obviously just went through a unfortunate traumatic event they had no control over and will have to deal with the reminders of it for the rest of their life. I do agree with you though that people in general need to slow the 17 down on the highways.

thedawginme
02-21-2019, 10:51 PM

Just because you put a "?" mark after your 1st three sentences doesn't make them any less accusatory.

thedawginme
02-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Just because you put a "?" mark after your 1st three sentences doesn't make them any less accusatory.

But you're right, people need to slow the F down. I used to speed back in the day. Now the wife calls me a "grandpa driver". Doesn't bother me.

Hot Rock
02-22-2019, 12:36 AM
People don't understand how much danger you are in out there and just don't slow down. My cuz was killed awhile back trying to help someone by someone. You may have known him, he is in Mississippi State's Hall of Fame. He stopped to help people and got ran over for his troubles. Look him up, Stan Black if you like. So, I am a little sensitive to people that drive without regard to others. Speed limits don't mean shit if someone is out there in the road. Did Jim have time to slow down? I don't know. How many times i have to say that. i just took this as an opportunity to rant a minute that I thought few would even read.

I never assumed Jim was in the wrong at all but not speeding does not absolve him of wrong doing. I can run over someone going 10 in a 55 and go to jail if proved I did it with malice or while being negligent.

The article insinuated he was not at fault by saying he was traveling at a "speed appropriate". That don't mean shit if he didn't slow down when he saw the vehicle disabled in time to slow down. He killed someone. Get it, he may not have had time to slow or even saw them but this letting him off simply because he wasn't speeding is bullshit.

Slow you freaking ass down around pedestrians is all I am saying. Save a life, it could be someone you care about.

Dawg61
02-22-2019, 12:47 AM
People don't understand how much danger you are in out there and just don't slow down. My cuz was killed awhile back trying to help someone by someone. You may have known him, he is in Mississippi State's Hall of Fame. He stopped to help people and got ran over for his troubles. Look him up, Stan Black if you like. So, I am a little sensitive to people that drive without regard to others. Speed limits don't mean shit if someone is out there in the road. Did Jim have time to slow down? I don't know. How many times i have to say that. i just took this as an opportunity to rant a minute that I thought few would even read.

I never assumed Jim was in the wrong at all but not speeding does not absolve him of wrong doing. I can run over someone going 10 in a 55 and go to jail if proved I did it with malice or while being negligent.

The article insinuated he was not at fault by saying he was traveling at a "speed appropriate". That don't mean shit if he didn't slow down when he saw the vehicle disabled in time to slow down. He killed someone. Get it, he may not have had time to slow or even saw them but this letting him off simply because he wasn't speeding is bullshit.

Slow you freaking ass down around pedestrians is all I am saying. Save a life, it could be someone you care about.

Agree with you bro. Sorry for your loss.

msbulldog
02-22-2019, 07:36 AM
I knew Stan and Barbara too. Hurt me when that happened.

Tbonewannabe
02-22-2019, 08:45 AM

That seems to happen every month or so in Atlanta. It is extremely dangerous to try and change a tire on the side of the road. I wouldn't even try it without having a cop or one of the State Farm trucks behind the vehicle with all of the lights. Too many people now don't pay very close attention to their surroundings and that doesn't even include if they are texting. Even talking on the phone causes you to not pay as close attention to the road.

People talk about multitasking but the human brain isn't built to put 100% effort into multiple things at once.

Commercecomet24
02-22-2019, 09:40 AM
That seems to happen every month or so in Atlanta. It is extremely dangerous to try and change a tire on the side of the road. I wouldn't even try it without having a cop or one of the State Farm trucks behind the vehicle with all of the lights. Too many people now don't pay very close attention to their surroundings and that doesn't even include if they are texting. Even talking on the phone causes you to not pay as close attention to the road.

People talk about multitasking but the human brain isn't built to put 100% effort into multiple things at once.

Amen to that. Well said. I travel a lot and I see people texting and talking and weaving all over the road. Scary!

BB30
02-22-2019, 10:00 AM

Yep, If I am on a HWY or a very traveled road I won't be changing a tire. I will call HWY patrol, after all they aren't there just to write tickets. Very unfortunate event, sad when things like this happen.

Tbonewannabe
02-23-2019, 10:18 AM
Yep, If I am on a HWY or a very traveled road I won't be changing a tire. I will call HWY patrol, after all they aren't there just to write tickets. Very unfortunate event, sad when things like this happen.

I actually called highway patrol a couple of months ago when I saw a woman looking at her tire on the side of I20. At least having the blue lights makes people pay attention and slow down.

DownwardDawg
02-23-2019, 10:31 AM
I actually called highway patrol a couple of months ago when I saw a woman looking at her tire on the side of I20. At least having the blue lights makes people pay attention and slow down.

I'm telling y'all, standing there in the dark and pouring rain up against a cement wall while on the phone with 911 was almost as scary as the wreck itself. I was praying to see the ambulance so we would at least have some protection. You feel so vulnerable and there is NO place to go.

gravedigger
02-23-2019, 11:05 AM

Anyone remember the name of those little people who live under bridges or caves?

DownwardDawg
02-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Anyone remember the name of those little people who live under bridges or caves?

Haha