PDA

View Full Version : Buckle up, Buttercup. Severe weather Saturday.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 06:33 AM
https://www.weather.gov/images/jan/graphicast/small3.png?2655490458b98a38c4b4ee3deb543bf6

SaintDawg
02-21-2019, 07:50 AM
So your sayin' no baseball, huh? 😉

Seriously though... thanks for the Wx info. I always pay attention to what you weather guys put up on the board.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 09:01 AM
First chase of 2019 and it's going to be a fun one. Storms could be moving upwards of 60+mph so a real challenge to stay ahead of.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Hey Stark,

Serious question- How did you get into chasing ? Seems like a dangerous thing to just go out and try. Did you have someone teach you, or did you just research it, and go for it ?

Liverpooldawg
02-21-2019, 10:11 AM
First chase of 2019 and it's going to be a fun one. Storms could be moving upwards of 60+mph so a real challenge to stay ahead of.

Fun? I have no problem with storm chasing but I do get a bit upset at seeing the word "fun" used in conjunction with it. There is nothing fun about it to those in the path of a storm who aren't there by choice.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 10:19 AM
Fun? I have no problem with storm chasing but I do get a bit upset at seeing the word "fun" used in conjunction with it. There is nothing fun about it to those in the path of a storm who aren't there by choice.

By fun in this instance, I meant very challenging due to the speed of the storms. It's going to be very hard staying ahead of them moving that fast and if they change direction you have very little time to get out of the way.

Now, in full disclosure, I do love chasing and seeing storms. I can't lie about that. I love seeing severe weather. Now, it breaks my heart seeing homes destroyed and people hurt and killed. I wish every storm I saw was over open farmland. But since they're not that's why I go. Research has shown majority of tornado warnings are ignored unless they're is concrete evidence it's on the ground. So If I can get a picture or live stream of it happening, my hope is people in the path will take cover and survive.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-21-2019, 10:21 AM
I know baseball is probably washed out but we have a home basketball game at 5pm. How is this severe weather going to affect traveling to & from the game?

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Hey Stark,

Serious question- How did you get into chasing ? Seems like a dangerous thing to just go out and try. Did you have someone teach you, or did you just research it, and go for it ?

When I was a kid I was terrified of storms. I mean phobia level fear. But since I was that scared I decided I wanted to learn more about tornadoes so I started reading and watching everything I could find. Slowly, that fear turned into interest and fascination. Then I saw the NWS was offering a spotter class close to home so I went to it. After that I decided I wanted to try seeing one. My first "chase" I didn't even have radar. I saw where the storms were and headed that direction and kept calling my wife at home who was watching tv and telling me their progress. I slowly kept expanding my knowledge and getting better equipped and kept going out and fine tuning my skills. To date, I've seen 11 tornadoes with the biggest being the EF-4 that hit Louisville. Also saw the one that hit Holly Springs back when it was in Marks. In fact, if you google Marks, MS, tornado my shot it was one of the first images. It was picked up by a lot of local and regional news outlets.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 10:27 AM
I know baseball is probably washed out but we have a home basketball game at 5pm. How is this severe weather going to affect traveling to & from the game?

5:00pm could be in the middle of it for this area. Timing still being fine tuned. The worst should stay to the NW of the golden triangle as it looks now, but anyone traveling in north and central MS Saturday afternoon needs to stay weather aware.

DeputyDawg94
02-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Well good, I?ll be working in one of those enhanced risk counties Saturday. Can?t wait!
ETA: forgot these ***************

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 11:17 AM
If current trends hold, I'm looking at setting up somewhere WSW of Memphis and seeing what happens.

Liverpooldawg
02-21-2019, 11:30 AM
By fun in this instance, I meant very challenging due to the speed of the storms. It's going to be very hard staying ahead of them moving that fast and if they change direction you have very little time to get out of the way.

Now, in full disclosure, I do love chasing and seeing storms. I can't lie about that. I love seeing severe weather. Now, it breaks my heart seeing homes destroyed and people hurt and killed. I wish every storm I saw was over open farmland. But since they're not that's why I go. Research has shown majority of tornado warnings are ignored unless they're is concrete evidence it's on the ground. So If I can get a picture or live stream of it happening, my hope is people in the path will take cover and survive.

I had to deal with a very bad one in a place I love with people I love living there. Nobody close to me died but people I had known since I was a kid did. It's just not fun to me.

Duckdog
02-21-2019, 11:50 AM
When I was a kid I was terrified of storms. I mean phobia level fear. But since I was that scared I decided I wanted to learn more about tornadoes so I started reading and watching everything I could find. Slowly, that fear turned into interest and fascination. Then I saw the NWS was offering a spotter class close to home so I went to it. After that I decided I wanted to try seeing one. My first "chase" I didn't even have radar. I saw where the storms were and headed that direction and kept calling my wife at home who was watching tv and telling me their progress. I slowly kept expanding my knowledge and getting better equipped and kept going out and fine tuning my skills. To date, I've seen 11 tornadoes with the biggest being the EF-4 that hit Louisville. Also saw the one that hit Holly Springs back when it was in Marks. In fact, if you google Marks, MS, tornado my shot it was one of the first images. It was picked up by a lot of local and regional news outlets. It's a definite rush

I seen it dawg
02-21-2019, 12:44 PM

Don't start bleeding. You know fun was meant innocently.

I seen it dawg
02-21-2019, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the weather info. Cancelling Starkville this wkd due to storms. That said we probably find somehow to play all 3 games. Lol

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 12:52 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSYO7f7Cm-Jfiwaak1jDGeB4nCzLuFMRrF6p6219Ocoq_s4oa_3

You know what he was referring to.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 01:01 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSYO7f7Cm-Jfiwaak1jDGeB4nCzLuFMRrF6p6219Ocoq_s4oa_3

It's ok. I understand his position. Believe me, not the first time I've heard it. His was probably the most polite, though. I get it. People die and have lives ruined by something I get an andrenalin ridh off of. It's something a lot of chasers struggle with justifying. Take that Marks tornado I mentioned earlier. When I first saw it I was jumping up and down in the middle of highway 278 like I had lost my mind. 20 minutes later I start to hear reports it had killed a boy and my excitement went away. The way we look at it is tornadoes are going to happen. They're going to happen whether I'm on my couch or in my truck trying to see them. Me chasing doesn't affect whether they stay weak and stay over open land or become a monster and tear through a town. What my chasing can effect is whether or not people take shelter. When the warning says severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado people get mad their tv show was interrupted. When it says a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado is heading for you they take cover much more often. Believe me, I've seen what these things can do several times. It's why I carry a first aid kit and rescue supplies in my truck. I'll kill a chase and render aid in a heartbeat if I come across a damage scene with injuries.

Liverpooldawg
02-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Don't start bleeding. You know fun was meant innocently.

It just means something else to some of us. If you had ever been through it you would understand. As I said, I have no problem with storm chasing. I just like to remind them what it's really about sometime. I unfortunately got to meet a few of the stars of that field. They do needed work.

Liverpooldawg
02-21-2019, 01:17 PM

Yes, I do. I REALLY do. You probabaly don't know what I'm referring to, if not you are blessed.

Liverpooldawg
02-21-2019, 01:20 PM
It's ok. I understand his position. Believe me, not the first time I've heard it. His was probably the most polite, though. I get it. People die and have lives ruined by something I get an andrenalin ridh off of. It's something a lot of chasers struggle with justifying. Take that Marks tornado I mentioned earlier. When I first saw it I was jumping up and down in the middle of highway 278 like I had lost my mind. 20 minutes later I start to hear reports it had killed a boy and my excitement went away. The way we look at it is tornadoes are going to happen. They're going to happen whether I'm on my couch or in my truck trying to see them. Me chasing doesn't affect whether they stay weak and stay over open land or become a monster and tear through a town. What my chasing can effect is whether or not people take shelter. When the warning says severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado people get mad their tv show was interrupted. When it says a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado is heading for you they take cover much more often. Believe me, I've seen what these things can do several times. It's why I carry a first aid kit and rescue supplies in my truck. I'll kill a chase and render aid in a heartbeat if I come across a damage scene with injuries.

Thanks, as I said I have no problem with chasers at all. It's needed. I just feel compelled to remind people sometimes that it's not all fun with these storms. When you see what I saw in a place you love you will never ever be the same.

Commercecomet24
02-21-2019, 01:21 PM

Storm chasers are a huge reason we have the early warning systems that we have in place now. Years ago there was almost no warning for people to take cover and protect themselves. I appreciate the job storm chasers do. It's dangerous but because of y'all countless lives have been saved.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 01:34 PM
Storm chasers are a huge reason we have the early warning systems that we have in place now. Years ago there was almost no warning for people to take cover and protect themselves. I appreciate the job storm chasers do. It's dangerous but because of y'all countless lives have been saved.

Except for Jonas Miller. He's a night crawler. He's in it for the money and not the science. He doesn't have any instinct. And he doesn't have Dorothy.

(Sorry. I've watched Twister more times than I'm comfortable admitting.)

ScoobaDawg
02-21-2019, 02:49 PM

Oh I have no problem admitting I watch it almost weekly during the spring to fall season when it's on all the time.. and monthly any other time.
It spurred me to google and learn a lot about weather, especially the fake stuff in the movie. mix that with having a wonderful weatherman in James Spann near, who didn't just forcast the weather....he explained it. I was hooked.
I still get more "active" in the Spring to Fall months due to the increased storms... damn winter storms just break my heart now and I can't follow them as much.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 02:55 PM
Oh I have no problem admitting I watch it almost weekly during the spring to fall season when it's on all the time.. and monthly any other time.
It spurred me to google and learn a lot about weather, especially the fake stuff in the movie. mix that with having a wonderful weatherman in James Spann near, who didn't just forcast the weather....he explained it. I was hooked.
I still get more "active" in the Spring to Fall months due to the increased storms... damn winter storms just break my heart now and I can't follow them as much.

Spann is one of the best. If you've never seen them, search for OnSpann on YouTube.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-21-2019, 03:29 PM
stark....where can we follow you to get updates and current happenings?

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Yes, I do. I REALLY do. You probabaly don't know what I'm referring to, if not you are blessed.

So you just used his post to bring up your own storm tragedy? Got it.

Sorry for any storm disaster you may have endured and for any loss of property or loss of life you may have witnessed.

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 03:40 PM
StarkVegas, can u link the picture you took? Cool stuff man

fader2103
02-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Except for Jonas Miller. He's a night crawler. He's in it for the money and not the science. He doesn't have any instinct. And he doesn't have Dorothy.

Sharknado is a much more adaptation of how storms can go from small to severe******

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 04:52 PM
StarkVegas, can u link the picture you took? Cool stuff man

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/djournal.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/fd/1fd44304-5c11-51b8-8d42-cac8ae4b677e/58fa78fc748a5.image.jpg?resize=800%2C600

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 04:54 PM
stark....where can we follow you to get updates and current happenings?

My twitter is @nmscasStan. If I live stream it'll be there and I'll post some updates on forecasts there, too.

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 04:56 PM
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/djournal.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/fd/1fd44304-5c11-51b8-8d42-cac8ae4b677e/58fa78fc748a5.image.jpg?resize=800%2C600

That is badass. Thanks

Do you have a camera made for that, or is that a typical camera?

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 05:01 PM
That is badass. Thanks

Do you have a camera made for that, or is that a typical camera?

To be honest, I took that with my phone. I grabbed my camera and for whatever reason it wouldn't focus so I grabbed my phone. Ever since I've used my phone as my primary camera. Makes it easier to send pics in to NWS and our media affiliate if it's already on my phone.

Mercdawg
02-21-2019, 05:18 PM
My twitter is @nmscasStan. If I live stream it'll be there and I'll post some updates on forecasts there, too.I just gave you a follow on twitter. Never can get enough good info when severe storms are about. Thanks!

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 05:19 PM
I just gave you a follow on twitter. Never can get enough good info when severe storms are about. Thanks!

Appreciate it. I try to not overhype events and call them like I see them.

Percho
02-21-2019, 05:33 PM
Hey Stark,

The key word is chase. If you are doing it right, you will be behind it.

I should have added. In my humble and chicken opinion.

Percho
02-21-2019, 05:41 PM
When I was a kid I was terrified of storms. I mean phobia level fear. But since I was that scared I decided I wanted to learn more about tornadoes so I started reading and watching everything I could find. Slowly, that fear turned into interest and fascination. Then I saw the NWS was offering a spotter class close to home so I went to it. After that I decided I wanted to try seeing one. My first "chase" I didn't even have radar. I saw where the storms were and headed that direction and kept calling my wife at home who was watching tv and telling me their progress. I slowly kept expanding my knowledge and getting better equipped and kept going out and fine tuning my skills. To date, I've seen 11 tornadoes with the biggest being the EF-4 that hit Louisville. Also saw the one that hit Holly Springs back when it was in Marks. In fact, if you google Marks, MS, tornado my shot it was one of the first images. It was picked up by a lot of local and regional news outlets.

I was at home in Southaven on my computer following you and a couple of others, following the storm. Where it crossed 22 is still a shambles.

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 05:53 PM
To be honest, I took that with my phone. I grabbed my camera and for whatever reason it wouldn't focus so I grabbed my phone. Ever since I've used my phone as my primary camera. Makes it easier to send pics in to NWS and our media affiliate if it's already on my phone.

That's awesome

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-21-2019, 06:01 PM
Appreciate it. I try to not overhype events and call them like I see them.

Same here, just followed. One of my friends was a broadcast meteorology major when we were at State and I've been fascinated with weather/storms ever since.

Liverpooldawg
02-21-2019, 06:49 PM
So you just used his post to bring up your own storm tragedy? Got it.

Sorry for any storm disaster you may have endured and for any loss of property or loss of life you may have witnessed.

Stark understands, and I have no problem with him chasing. I get you don't like me, but I have presented better targets than this. If you want to continue to be a....... never mind........by all means continue.

RocketDawg
02-21-2019, 07:12 PM

Which tornado is this? Is it the Louisville one? For some reason, I thought that one was an EF-5.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 07:23 PM
Which tornado is this? Is it the Louisville one? For some reason, I thought that one was an EF-5.
This is the one that hit Holly Springs two days before Christmas a few years ago. It ended up being an EF-4 but was only a 2 when this was taken. Louisville was a high end EF-4 that missed being a 5 by the smallest of margins.

Noxdog
02-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Stark understands, and I have no problem with him chasing. I get you don't like me, but I have presented better targets than this. If you want to continue to be a....... never mind........by all means continue.

I know you mean well but unless you had to deal with the real effects of a tornado, I would not grill Liver so hard. If I'm not mistaken, he is from Hamilton, yea that Hamilton that spawned the T Town Big one and destroyed that little community. I have good friends who have relatives that lost almost everything in the Louisville monster. I see his point and absolutely hate these weather events. Nothing personal but if your directly effected, it hit's home.

Stark, thanks for chasing and making us all aware. It's invaluable and that goes to all chasers.

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 10:57 PM
I know you mean well but unless you had to deal with the real effects of a tornado, I would not grill Liver so hard. If I'm not mistaken, he is from Hamilton, yea that Hamilton that spawned the T Town Big one and destroyed that little community. I have good friends who have relatives that lost almost everything in the Louisville monster. I see his point and absolutely hate these weather events. Nothing personal but if your directly effected, it hit's home.

Stark, thanks for chasing and making us all aware. It's invaluable and that goes to all chasers.

Not grilling him at all. I feel bad for him for anything he had to deal with. I'm serious.

I was just saying he didn't have to call out StarkVegas for using the word "fun", when he admitted he knew SV was referring to his passion of storm chasing. That's all.

In no way shape or form am I speaking negatively about Liver's situation with the storm. I'm actually very sympathetic bc my extended family has had two horrible storm incidents, it sucks....so I get it, and I hate it for him. I was only referring to the way he brought it up. Just want to make that clear.

And Liver, please know I don't hate you. I'm sorry for whatever you dealt with. I was speaking to the way it was brought up, not the context of the situation. Hopefully that is very clear to anyone wondering.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Speaking of the Louisville tornado...many of you may remember the daycare owner that died protecting some of the kids in her care. I found some paperwork from her center in my backyard in Starkville along with other bits of debris such as insulation and bits of plywood. There was debris from that storm dropped all over Starkville, but finding that in my yard really hit home. I was chasing that storm and it was unreal to witness.

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 11:00 PM
Speaking of the Louisville tornado...many of you may remember the daycare owner that died protecting some of the kids in her care. I found some paperwork from her center in my backyard in Starkville along with other bits of debris such as insulation and bits of plywood. There was debris from that storm dropped all over Starkville, but finding that in my yard really hit home. I was chasing that storm and it was unreal to witness.

That is sad, and crazy..... How far was your yard from that daycare? Mileage-wise?

Noxdog
02-21-2019, 11:06 PM
Not grilling him at all. I feel bad for him for anything he had to deal with. I'm serious.

I was just saying he didn't have to call out StarkVegas for using the word "fun", when he admitted he knew SV was referring to his passion of storm chasing. That's all.

In no way shape or form am I speaking negatively about Liver's situation with the storm. I'm actually very sympathetic bc my extended family has had two horrible storm incidents, it sucks....so I get it, and I hate it for him. I was only referring to the way he brought it up. Just want to make that clear.

And Liver, please know I don't hate you. I'm sorry for whatever you dealt with. I was speaking to the way it was brought up, not the context of the situation. Hopefully that is very clear to anyone wondering

and understand. We good bro.

Noxdog
02-21-2019, 11:09 PM
Depending on where stark lives. 20-40 miles away. look up the louisville one, could have been so much worse.

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 11:14 PM
That is sad, and crazy..... How far was your yard from that daycare? Mileage-wise?

I live just west of the city limits so around 27 miles as the crow flies. I was never able to confirm it, but there was a rumor that a wooden door landed on campus.

CadaverDawg
02-21-2019, 11:21 PM
I live just west of the city limits so around 27 miles as the crow flies. I was never able to confirm it, but there was a rumor that a wooden door landed on campus.

That is insane. Be safe out there this weekend. Share some pics and keep us updated on your chase if you can

starkvegasdawg
02-21-2019, 11:51 PM
That is insane. Be safe out there this weekend. Share some pics and keep us updated on your chase if you can
Will do. I'm hoping to be able to live stream it if things get interesting. That'll depend on how good a signal cspire gives me, though. And this is also assuming the storm develops as expected and we get the discrete cells that have the tornado threat. SPC updates again around 1:00am so every chaser within 500 miles is waiting on that.

iPat09
02-22-2019, 12:06 AM

Not a rumor. It's true. Landed over in front of the Wise Center. I know the person who found it and I saw pictures of him with it.

starkvegasdawg
02-22-2019, 02:10 AM
Latest update has confined the enhanced risk area to primarily NW MS. Still saying significant tornadoes possible with any discrete supercells that develop.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2probotlk_0700_any.gif?1550819269222

99jc
02-22-2019, 05:52 AM
Not a rumor. It's true. Landed over in front of the Wise Center. I know the person who found it and I saw pictures of him with it.

what's the URL to your live feed? I used to storm chase 17 that now to old balls to small. Mississippi is one of the most dangerous areas to storm chase as you well know. I quit chasing when my car got tossed many years ago. I personally was in the Tuscaloosa tornado that's the last one I have been in. that was number 21 and hope its my last. be safe.

starkvegasdawg
02-22-2019, 07:12 AM
what's the URL to your live feed? I used to storm chase 17 that now to old balls to small. Mississippi is one of the most dangerous areas to storm chase as you well know. I quit chasing when my car got tossed many years ago. I personally was in the Tuscaloosa tornado that's the last one I have been in. that was number 21 and hope its my last. be safe.

It'll be over my twitter address @nmscasStan. So far I haven't been tossed. Last April I was in Alabama chasing which is where cell signals go to die and we had lost service so no radar and ended up driving dead center through a rain wrapped tornado. With the rain and at night we never knew it was there until we were in it. Fortunately, just an EF-1 so no big deal.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/nmscasstan

ScoobaDawg
02-22-2019, 11:32 AM
If you really wanna keep up with Stark.. turn mobile notifications on for him on twitter for tomorrow.

ScoobaDawg
02-22-2019, 11:37 AM
A thing of concern is sooo much rain this week before any windy storms of any kind come through... makes trees able to be blown over much easier.

starkvegasdawg
02-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Latest wording from the SPC:

A strong mid-level jet rotating through base of the
shortwave trough, coupled with the strengthening 50+ kt low-level
jet, will promote very favorable wind profiles for severe storms.
Large 0-2 km hodographs and 50+ kt effective bulk shear will support
supercells with low-level mesocyclones and bowing structures capable
of tornadoes and damaging wind, with peak period from afternoon into
early evening.

I seen it dawg
02-22-2019, 01:12 PM
Latest wording from the SPC:

A strong mid-level jet rotating through base of the
shortwave trough, coupled with the strengthening 50+ kt low-level
jet, will promote very favorable wind profiles for severe storms.
Large 0-2 km hodographs and 50+ kt effective bulk shear will support
supercells with low-level mesocyclones and bowing structures capable
of tornadoes and damaging wind, with peak period from afternoon into
early evening.

What did you call me??

RocketDawg
02-22-2019, 01:23 PM
What did you call me??

Stormy.

starkvegasdawg
02-22-2019, 04:42 PM
I've had a chance to quickly glance at the latest model info and based on that the main threat area may have shifted slightly south. Good news if you live in north TN. Bad news if you live in north and west central MS. Two midrange models both showing the tornado threat rapidly ramping up around 11:00am tomorrow over the MS delta and then becoming primarily a straight line wind event as the storms approach the I-55 corridor. Both models were following forecast trends of showing a chsnce for strong tornadoes in the delta region. This will only increase with any sunshine that area gets in the morning. Another issue is all that with all the rain we've received, any high winds, regardless of source, pose a higher chance of blowing down trees. Non-storm winds over the delta are forecast to be in the 20-40mph range so that could pose a threat in and of itself.

Bottom line, if you live in north MS (particularly in the delta) have a way to get warnings tomorrow and take them seriously. Storm speed tomorrow could very easily be 50-70mph so they'll be covering a lot of ground quickly. This is NOT looking to be a 2011 or 2014 level outbreak by any means but if things go as forecast there will be some tornadoes and high winds in the area somewhere.

I plan on being somewhere in the delta tomorrow morning. Once things get cooking I won't be doing much posting on here but do plan on live streaming the chase as much as cell service allows and post on twitter as I can.

I seen it dawg
02-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update

ScoobaDawg
02-22-2019, 05:52 PM
I've had a chance to quickly glance at the latest model info and based on that the main threat area may have shifted slightly south. Good news if you live in north TN. Bad news if you live in north and west central MS. Two midrange models both showing the tornado threat rapidly ramping up around 11:00am tomorrow over the MS delta and then becoming primarily a straight line wind event as the storms approach the I-55 corridor. Both models were following forecast trends of showing a chsnce for strong tornadoes in the delta region. This will only increase with any sunshine that area gets in the morning. Another issue is all that with all the rain we've received, any high winds, regardless of source, pose a higher chance of blowing down trees. Non-storm winds over the delta are forecast to be in the 20-40mph range so that could pose a threat in and of itself.

Bottom line, if you live in north MS (particularly in the delta) have a way to get warnings tomorrow and take them seriously. Storm speed tomorrow could very easily be 50-70mph so they'll be covering a lot of ground quickly. This is NOT looking to be a 2011 or 2014 level outbreak by any means but if things go as forecast there will be some tornadoes and high winds in the area somewhere.

I plan on being somewhere in the delta tomorrow morning. Once things get cooking I won't be doing much posting on here but do plan on live streaming the chase as much as cell service allows and post on twitter as I can.

Be smart out there tomorrow.

BeastMan
02-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the updates man. Keep them coming. Not to pile on Liver because he?s a good poster but nobody gives Jim Cantore hell for chasing hurricanes and I?m sure he loves it but doesn?t love the damage they cause. Nuance

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2019, 12:53 AM
Hey Stark and other chasers........keep us informed. Thank you for what you do. I would appreciate it if you could keep the word "fun" out of it though. I get it, I've always been interested in the weather. Back in my day the closest program was in Oklahoma. That wouldn't deter me now after all of these years, then......it would have been like going to the dark side of the moon. It was the only reason I didn't do it. That's a good thing. I have, proven through the years, a really good science brain. My math brain absolutely and totally sucks. Back then meteorology was pure science, and all wrapped up in math. If MSU had had the program we have now back then, I would probably be an old grey haired geezer on TV somewhere to this day.

As for speculation on where I'm from, it's wrong. It's worse. I won't comment beyond that.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2019, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the updates man. Keep them coming. Not to pile on Liver because he?s a good poster but nobody gives Jim Cantore hell for chasing hurricanes and I?m sure he loves it but doesn?t love the damage they cause. Nuance

Actually some people DO give hurricane chasers hell. After Katrina a friend of mine and his wife somehow wound up with Anderson Cooper accompanying them back to their home, the only thing left was a slab, for the first time. Cooper has NO idea how close he came to getting punched out on camera that day.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2019, 01:02 AM

I've never heard him describe it as fun.

CadaverDawg
02-23-2019, 01:11 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/igR5863TALcSk/giphy.gif

BeastMan
02-23-2019, 11:39 AM

Ya I’m sure Jim has chased storms for 30 years because he hates it, has no passion, finds it not fun, and feels no duty to serving the public. Your stance is obtuse. It’s like saying a firefighter can’t have fun at his job because people have died in house fires. It’s like saying a cop can’t have fun because the city he serves has violent crime. I understand your pov but think big picture, nuance, and context.