PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Wednesday night baseball scores to note

MetEdDawg
02-20-2019, 09:24 PM
#5 Florida goes down again to North Florida, this time 7-1. North Florida beat them last night too.

#11 East Carolina, a future mid week opponent, lost to Campbell 7-6

#1 Vandy in a fight with Evansville up only 4-2

Texas A&M up 1-0 on Prairie View in the 6th

Tough win by our guys tonight. Got to try and hold serve mid week and we did that.

TNDawg35
02-20-2019, 09:27 PM
Good teams find a way to win. No matter how. That’s what we did and need to keep on doing...

ShotgunDawg
02-20-2019, 09:29 PM
FWIW, Campbell threw a 98 mph potential 1st rounder tonight.

Todd4State
02-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Big week for us continues. We survived UAB. I think if we win the series against USM the experts will take note. If not- we have a tournament the next week with Texas Tech and Sam Houston State to make some noise.

wasabaka
02-20-2019, 10:25 PM
Really gritty win by our boys tonight. The bats weren?t working, but we found a way to eke out enough runs to win thanks to Jake. That guy has been, is, and will continue to be clutch for us. Glad he is a Bulldog!

sleepy dawg
02-21-2019, 09:14 AM
Big week for us continues. We survived UAB. I think if we win the series against USM the experts will take note. If not- we have a tournament the next week with Texas Tech and Sam Houston State to make some noise.

I hope we get in all 3 games. USM is really good. It's rare we get to play a 3 game series against a team this good before SEC play starts. I'll be very happy with 2 out of 3. If we play any games against them like we did last night, we'll get mauled.

Todd4State
02-21-2019, 09:34 AM
I hope we get in all 3 games. USM is really good. It's rare we get to play a 3 game series against a team this good before SEC play starts. I'll be very happy with 2 out of 3. If we play any games against them like we did last night, we'll get mauled.

Meh. We play people like them every year OOC on the weekend early. We played pretty well considering that we were facing a SEC caliber pitcher who was a former 12th round pick who wanted to shut us down. Last night was a good test because that's what we will be facing in the SEC.

I think our team will be very motivated and ready to play this weekend because of how the series went last year. And USM players talking a little smack too.

louisvilledawg
02-21-2019, 09:40 AM
#5 Florida goes down again to North Florida, this time 7-1. North Florida beat them last night too.

#11 East Carolina, a future mid week opponent, lost to Campbell 7-6

#1 Vandy in a fight with Evansville up only 4-2

Texas A&M up 1-0 on Prairie View in the 6th

Tough win by our guys tonight. Got to try and hold serve mid week and we did that.

South Florida beat them Tuesday night FWIW. Still awesome to see Florida lose!

sleepy dawg
02-21-2019, 11:21 AM
Meh. We play people like them every year OOC on the weekend early. We played pretty well considering that we were facing a SEC caliber pitcher who was a former 12th round pick who wanted to shut us down. Last night was a good test because that's what we will be facing in the SEC.

I think our team will be very motivated and ready to play this weekend because of how the series went last year. And USM players talking a little smack too.

You don't think they'll be motivated too? Motivation helps some, but really it's a lack of motivation that hurts. Neither team will have that this weekend. We'll get their best effort and they have some really dangerous hitters at the top of their lineup.

basedog
02-21-2019, 01:29 PM
I will take good pitching over good hitting all day and twice on Sunday, just me. NC in 1989 at out regional is a good reminder as that was our best hitting lineup from top to bottom.

Todd4State
02-21-2019, 01:29 PM
You don't think they'll be motivated too? Motivation helps some, but really it's a lack of motivation that hurts. Neither team will have that this weekend. We'll get their best effort and they have some really dangerous hitters at the top of their lineup.

I think we'll be motivated more.

Hambone
02-21-2019, 03:26 PM
We’ll be lucky to get two of these games in