PDA

View Full Version : Latest Bracketology

MetEdDawg
02-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Has us as a 7 seed playing TCU. Matches us up with UNC the 2 seed in the next round. This was updated on Monday.

Got a real chance to move up over the next 3 games if we can win all 3. Maybe find a way to beat auburn on the road and then beat TAMU. Go 5-1 over the last stretch and we could be on the 5 line looking very good going into the NCAA Tournament.

BiochemDawg
02-20-2019, 09:26 AM
I think 5-1 is our most likely finish. Auburn won't be easy on the road, but we're clearly the better team imo. I'd put my money on being a 5 seed come tourney time.

sleepy dawg
02-20-2019, 09:33 AM
I think 5-1 is our most likely finish. Auburn won't be easy on the road, but we're clearly the better team imo. I'd put my money on being a 5 seed come tourney time.

I think we'll lose 2 or 3. 2 will probably keep us about the same and 3 might even drop us.

chef dixon
02-20-2019, 09:58 AM
Tennessee is there for the beating now. They are not the same team as early in the season.

msstate7
02-20-2019, 09:59 AM
With nick's status unknown, predicting a finish is pretty much based on pure guessing.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Win tonight & we'll head to Auburn on a 5 game winning streak.

Jack Lambert
02-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Tennessee is there for the beating now. They are not the same team as early in the season.

They are loaded with 3* with experience. They are also coached very well however the more experience the more talented teams become the more exposed Tenn is going to be when they play those teams. KY proved that. KY would have lost to Tenn two months ago.

Ari Gold
02-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Really big game tonight.
Can’t go there and lay an egg.
UGA lot better than their record.

drunkernhelldawg
02-20-2019, 02:35 PM
I think we'll lose 2 or 3. 2 will probably keep us about the same and 3 might even drop us.

I agree that we're in danger of not getting in. If that happens, then what?

msstate7
02-20-2019, 02:35 PM
I agree that we're in danger of not getting in. If that happens, then what?

We aren't in danger of missing the tourney.

drunkernhelldawg
02-20-2019, 02:39 PM

Glad to hear that. True even if we lose three more?

msstate7
02-20-2019, 02:41 PM
Glad to hear that. True even if we lose three more?
3 more sec losses would give us a 9-9 sec record; we're safe there. Now if we finish 8-10, I'll be concerned

MetEdDawg
02-20-2019, 02:43 PM

This. Freaking Florida is on the 12 line right now. Florida. The same Florida that is 14-11 and is terrible. Only chance we have of missing the tournament is if we go 2-4 or worse over the next 6 AND go one and done in the SEC tournament.

Not sure why people think we are a borderline tournament team. We are very safely in right now. Very safely.

Homedawg
02-20-2019, 03:34 PM
This. Freaking Florida is on the 12 line right now. Florida. The same Florida that is 14-11 and is terrible. Only chance we have of missing the tournament is if we go 2-4 or worse over the next 6 AND go one and done in the SEC tournament.

Not sure why people think we are a borderline tournament team. We are very safely in right now. Very safely.

Florida gave us all we wanted and more at the Hump, so if they are terrible, then we are just better than terrible????

MetEdDawg
02-20-2019, 03:55 PM
Florida gave us all we wanted and more at the Hump, so if they are terrible, then we are just better than terrible????

Great job. Using one single game as your basis for us being terrible. Sounds like an MSU fan of ive ever heard one. They only lost by 4 to Michigan State. So is your assumption also that Michigan State is also just above terrible too? They are projected to be a 2 seed in case you were wondering.

Florida is not a good basketball team. Yes we played them close. So what. Kentucky is now a Top 5 team and we only lost to them by 4. Does that make us just below elite?

Pendulum goes both ways. Don't be dumb on this topic. Be objective. I'm guessing you think we are on the verge of being out of the tournament too?

Homedawg
02-20-2019, 08:15 PM
Great job. Using one single game as your basis for us being terrible. Sounds like an MSU fan of ive ever heard one. They only lost by 4 to Michigan State. So is your assumption also that Michigan State is also just above terrible too? They are projected to be a 2 seed in case you were wondering.

Florida is not a good basketball team. Yes we played them close. So what. Kentucky is now a Top 5 team and we only lost to them by 4. Does that make us just below elite?

Pendulum goes both ways. Don't be dumb on this topic. Be objective. I'm guessing you think we are on the verge of being out of the tournament too?

Great job? You said they were terrible. And they had a tougher schedule than we did. They aren't terrible. Dumb post. That's all. terrible fla beating LSU at present. Hmm terrible.

ETA amazing how such a terrible team can play a team like much state to 4, us on the road close etc etc.

MetEdDawg
02-20-2019, 09:08 PM
Great job? You said they were terrible. And they had a tougher schedule than we did. They aren't terrible. Dumb post. That's all. terrible fla beating LSU at present. Hmm terrible.

ETA amazing how such a terrible team can play a team like much state to 4, us on the road close etc etc.

They'll prove me wrong beating LSU in Baton Rouge. But we were a 1 seed NIT team last year and a lot of folks thought we were terrible. Before tonight Florida was about 2 spots away from that.

So let's not get carried away and say they are great. This would be a great win for them. But they were a bubble team tonight. They are a decent basketball team playing better of late. But they aren't better than we are that's for sure.

Homedawg
02-20-2019, 09:37 PM
Just suck it up and say it. They aren't terrible. That's all I said. I didn't say they were great. You said they are terrible. Well you are a dumb ass

MetEdDawg
02-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Just suck it up and say it. They aren't terrible. That's all I said. I didn't say they were great. You said they are terrible. Well you are a dumb ass

Good talk. I'll admit it. They aren't terrible. They are good. But not as good as us.

But I'll say this. On the bracketology that came out February 14, only 6 days ago, they were projected out of the tournament field. They have done a lot over the past few games to change minds of people because they were not a good basketball team 3 weeks ago.