Duckdog
02-19-2019, 07:23 PM
Giving the tigers all they can handle right now

I seen it dawg
02-19-2019, 07:25 PM
LSU has a lot of work to do before April

MetEdDawg
02-19-2019, 07:29 PM
SE LA has had a good program for a while. They swept us at home a decade ago when I was in college and took a mid week last year from us. That's a good program and we get to play them again mid week this year.

But LSU definitely has work to do. They aren't the number 1 team right now.

ShotgunDawg
02-19-2019, 08:01 PM
LSU wins another 1 run game.

They've now won 3 close games in their 1st 4.

They just aren't that good but keep winning.

Skydawg1
02-19-2019, 08:07 PM
LSU wins another 1 run game.

They've now won 3 close games in their 1st 4.

They just aren't that good but keep winning.Watch, they'll do that shit all year.

ShotgunDawg
02-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Watch, they'll do that shit all year.

They do it most years.

I'll give LSU this, they've created a culture of winning in that baseball program. Kids play above their talent at that school & then regress back to their actual talent in pro ball.

Maridian Dawg
02-19-2019, 08:12 PM
Needless to say that 3rd SEC weekend for us will be epic.

Skydawg1
02-19-2019, 08:41 PM
They do it most years.

I'll give LSU this, they've created a culture of winning in that baseball program. Kids play above their talent at that school & then regress back to their actual talent in pro ball.
Winning culture for sure. But still only one title since Bertman left. I know they made the finals 2 years ago, but PM gotta be feeling a little heat.

I seen it dawg
02-19-2019, 08:57 PM
PM grinds on his guys hard. He's a **********. Most guys wouldn't play for him except it's LSU so they go anyway and put up with his shit.

MetEdDawg
02-19-2019, 10:45 PM
In semi related news, #5 Florida went down 6-1 to South Florida tonight.

Choctaw Dawg
02-19-2019, 10:48 PM
Winning culture for sure. But still only one title since Bertman left. I know they made the finals 2 years ago, but PM gotta be feeling a little heat.
delete

confucius say
02-19-2019, 10:50 PM
delete

Did skip hand out roids directly or did someone else distribute them?

TStationDawg
02-19-2019, 11:07 PM
They do it most years.

Alex Bregman begs to differ; So Does Aaron Nola.

Randolph Dupree
02-19-2019, 11:45 PM
Anyone know who pitched for SLU? Got a cousin pitching for them. Sorry to ask...traveling

Skydawg1
02-19-2019, 11:47 PM
Box score says Trey Shaffer pitched 6.0 innings, Jared Biddy 2.0.

Todd4State
02-20-2019, 12:54 AM
They do it most years.

Yep. They have a culture where playing for LSU is better than going pro straight out of high school or leaving after your junior year in a lot of cases as well.

We need to find a way to replicate that instead of taking the huge draft losses. Getting JT Ginn and maybe even Eric Cerentola is a good start if we can develop them into first round picks.

Duckdog
02-20-2019, 09:45 AM
Yep. They have a culture where playing for LSU is better than going pro straight out of high school or leaving after your junior year in a lot of cases as well.

We need to find a way to replicate that instead of taking the huge draft losses. Getting JT Ginn and maybe even Eric Cerentola is a good start if we can develop them into first round picks.
Its called they are getting payed straight up cash

ShotgunDawg
02-20-2019, 09:52 AM
Alex Bregman begs to differ; So Does Aaron Nola.

Way to cherry pick the two best players at that school in the past decade

ShotgunDawg
02-20-2019, 09:56 AM

LSU has one massive advantage over us in baseball & it's that they are located in a major metropolitan area & that allows them to play in front of a packed stadium most nights.

MSU baseball is more nostalgic than LSU but LSU is more intense. It's the difference between Fenway Park & Wrigley Field. LSU is more about winning & the game on the field while MSU is more about the overall experience, grilling, LFL, etc.

If MSU is going to catch LSU, one step forward we need to make if getting people in the grandstand behind home plate & creating a more intense atmosphere. One where where winning is more important & expected than the nostalgic atmosphere

I think our LFL fans are as intense as there is in the country but because they are in the outfield, it doesn't really translate to the intensity of where the game is decided, between the hitter & pitcher. The LFL is simply too far away to effect that matchup & to come across as intense on TV

Just my opinion

MedDawg
02-20-2019, 11:28 AM
LSU has one massive advantage over us in baseball & it's that they are located in a major metropolitan area & that allows them to play in front of a packed stadium most nights.

MSU baseball is more nostalgic than LSU but LSU is more intense. It's the difference between Fenway Park & Wrigley Field. LSU is more about winning & the game on the field while MSU is more about the overall experience, grilling, LFL, etc.

If MSU is going to catch LSU, one step forward we need to make if getting people in the grandstand behind home plate & creating a more intense atmosphere. One where where winning is more important & expected than the nostalgic atmosphere

I think our LFL fans are as intense as there is in the country but because they are in the outfield, it doesn't really translate to the intensity of where the game is decided, between the hitter & pitcher. The LFL is simply too far away to effect that matchup & to come across as intense on TV

Just my opinion

Paid attendance--LSU has as many no-shows as anyone else. See pic below.

I once postulated that we could significantly improve our average attendance by limiting capacity. I wasn't serious, because I like having record crowds for the big games. Since we have unlimited capacity we have a lot of fans who still only buy walk-up tickets. If we capped our attendance at 12,000 or even 13,000 and sold no more tickets, we'd sell 10-11,000 season tickets and have an average attendance over 11,000 per game like LSU.

If we built 3,000 more chairbacks and limited overall capacity to 13,000 we'd sell 12,000 season tickets and have the #1 average attendance in the country. But no more record crowds.

From last night's LSU game:
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/0/HZ/HZVVXNBCYXBLYUN.20190220033204.JPG

I seen it dawg
02-20-2019, 01:20 PM

Just my opinion

Does that make LSU program better than ours?

Randolph Dupree
02-20-2019, 03:56 PM

Just my opinion

Their advantage is that they have, virtually, an entire state that is all in for LSU regardless of sport. That and lottery money for schollerships. We, on the other hand, are really split not only between MSU, and UM but throw in USM, LSU, Bama and in some cases Auburn. I work with people that went to La Tech, ULALA etc and they are huge LSU fans. Hell, my sister grew up in MS, went to ULM and pulls for LSU. We don't have that cult following in MS. Now, we might can build a reputation for developing baseball talent as alternative to MiLB, but that would be our shot.

was21
02-20-2019, 04:08 PM
voodoo

Todd4State
02-20-2019, 09:41 PM

Just my opinion

I agree with you that filling up the grandstand as much as possible is imperative. It's silly to have berms full of fans and empty seats in the grandstands. MSU needs to figure something out.

RocketDawg
02-20-2019, 09:59 PM
I agree with you that filling up the grandstand as much as possible is imperative. It's silly to have berms full of fans and empty seats in the grandstands. MSU needs to figure something out.

I'm not sure how you'd logically pull that off though. By the time you can afford a top-tier seat, most are too old to be intense and even too old to go to many of the games. In fact, most almost certainly live somewhere other than Starkville, so basically they're just buying a placeholder for the really good conference games. Money talks.

It's not like that so much in football since virtually all games are on the weekend, and there are only 6 or 7 home games so most will go to each game.

Todd4State
02-21-2019, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure how you'd logically pull that off though. By the time you can afford a top-tier seat, most are too old to be intense and even too old to go to many of the games. In fact, most almost certainly live somewhere other than Starkville, so basically they're just buying a placeholder for the really good conference games. Money talks.

It's not like that so much in football since virtually all games are on the weekend, and there are only 6 or 7 home games so most will go to each game.

I would tell people that have season tickets that if they aren't in their seat by the first inning- all bets are off. It becomes first come first served at that point. Wouldn't be popular with the season ticket holders- but it would be the best for MSU.

ShotgunDawg
02-21-2019, 07:54 AM
Does that make LSU program better than ours?

Yes. It is better. By how much is debatable.

Their winning culture drives the train while our coaching changes have really eliminated a culture identity from our program.

We can catch them though. PM and the pitching coach have been there for a decade and have built a sustainable program. We really don't have a program yet

MedDawg
02-21-2019, 09:25 AM
I would tell people that have season tickets that if they aren't in their seat by the first inning- all bets are off. It becomes first come first served at that point. Wouldn't be popular with the season ticket holders- but it would be the best for MSU.

I agree with letting GA ticket holders sitting in the grandstand after the first inning, but they should readily move if the seatholder shows up at any time.

I'm in and out of my seat throughout the game (we have Triple Crown club passes) and I don't have a problem with someone sitting in my seat while I'm out, but they better move when I show up. I might choose seats close by and let them sit in my seats but if I have to move from those then I want my original seats.

Just be nice and polite about moving without mean comments or rolling eyes and we will all be fine.

Mid-4th or later to let GA ticketholders move into the grandstand is way too late. They should make it after the 1st inning. I understand that the incentive to buy season tickets is lessened if you allow moves early, but we are SOLD OUT of chairbacks, so that would only apply if we were to expand. Allow grandstand moves after the 1st inning now, and if we expand, announce we are moving it back to the 4th inning. Then those GA ticketholders used to moving in after 1 may buy season tickets.