PDA

View Full Version : D1 Sports in Jackson....new arm of the Network?

I seen it dawg
02-19-2019, 07:16 PM
Is the network getting going with Shay Hodge, Mike Espy and the newly hired CJ Johnson at D1 Sports using them to help get some players who train there taken care of.....curious timing with the recent decommit from us...hmmmm

Ari Gold
02-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Hello NCAA... Welcome back

BuckyIsAB****
02-19-2019, 07:19 PM
Is the network getting going with Shay Hodge, Mike Espy and the newly hired CJ Johnson at D1 Sports using them to help get some players who train there taken care of.....curious timing with the recent decommit from us...hmmmm

That has been there for a while and doesnt have much to do with E Jai. Will Rogers goes there a lot too FWIW. Im not telling you those OM guys are going to help us bc they aint but its not a network deal.

They do a good job training the kids or the kids wouldnt want to go

Political Hack
02-19-2019, 07:22 PM
It's coming... Part Deux***

I hope the trainers involved know and understand the risk they'd be taking, but considering who those three are and their experience with their own recruitment, I doubt they're concerned about blowback.

I seen it dawg
02-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Yeah not every kid but don't put it past them to hep some of their own or some they want to have as their own there....i didn't make the thread out of thin air...

Behrdawg
02-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Some of those guys work out at my gym and I've been hearing some low ramblings about "bringing in the talent" and getting them prepped for college. Now that's a pretty broad statement but given OMs history...I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-19-2019, 09:21 PM
You know Michael Oher is part owner....by a former Bulldog is the other part unless he sold out because of all the OM influence..*.....wait wasn't there just a thread about this? Fletcher Cox is probably the most notable guy who has trained there.

Todd4State
02-19-2019, 10:40 PM
That has been there for a while and doesnt have much to do with E Jai. Will Rogers goes there a lot too FWIW. Im not telling you those OM guys are going to help us bc they aint but its not a network deal.

They do a good job training the kids or the kids wouldnt want to go

Why our fans continue to give Ole Miss the benefit of the doubt despite their continual cheating is beyond me. Of course they are not going to just hand out bags of cash and backpacks at the door and make it very obvious- especially while they are on repeat violator status. But having that kind of access to mentor kids doesn't make it hard for them to make cheating happen and make it less suspicious. They certainly aren't helping MSU even though I'm sure they try to come of as being "for the players". Of course in their opinion every great player should go to Ole Miss I'm sure.

I'd be 100x more surprised if they are not cheating than if they are.

Todd4State
02-19-2019, 10:41 PM
It's coming... Part Deux***

I hope the trainers involved know and understand the risk they'd be taking, but considering who those three are and their experience with their own recruitment, I doubt they're concerned about blowback.

Exactly. Cheating is part of Ole Miss's culture. And as we know- "Old times are not forgotten."

I think the real question is what does MSU do about it? I want their ass out of my hometown personally.

confucius say
02-19-2019, 10:48 PM
Exactly. Cheating is part of Ole Miss's culture. And as we know- "Old times are not forgotten."

I think the real question is what does MSU do about it? I want their ass out of my hometown personally.

Send them to Paul Lacoste's boot camp?**

Todd4State
02-19-2019, 10:53 PM
Send them to Paul Lacoste's boot camp?**

There is the Baptist Healthplex. They have everything in place for football training themselves.

confucius say
02-19-2019, 10:57 PM
There is the Baptist Healthplex. They have everything in place for football training themselves.

An aside, How does MC not win a title, or even get to one, with all that talent and huge facilities like D1 and Baptist, not to mention all the money and resources on campus? Germantown too for that matter. They're never very good.

Todd4State
02-19-2019, 11:24 PM
An aside, How does MC not win a title, or even get to one, with all that talent and huge facilities like D1 and Baptist, not to mention all the money and resources on campus? Germantown too for that matter. They're never very good.

I think the thing about MC is they usually lose when they run into whatever 6A team has a ton of legit D-I prospects whether it's Starkville or this year Horn Lake and their training and resources gets "leveled out" so to speak. I don't think MC has had a Dandy Dozen guy since Tobias Singleton. When MC won it in 1999 they had five Dandy Dozen guys on the team plus a lot of other good players as well. Germantown could be really good with the right coaching and talent. Also- Gluckstadt isn't as big as Madison.

PassInterference
02-20-2019, 02:49 AM
I was wondering when someone would post this. Player from my high school working out there is being treated nicely be Ole Miss interests.

Cooterpoot
02-20-2019, 05:20 AM
Why our fans continue to give Ole Miss the benefit of the doubt despite their continual cheating is beyond me. Of course they are not going to just hand out bags of cash and backpacks at the door and make it very obvious- especially while they are on repeat violator status. But having that kind of access to mentor kids doesn't make it hard for them to make cheating happen and make it less suspicious. They certainly aren't helping MSU even though I'm sure they try to come of as being "for the players". Of course in their opinion every great player should go to Ole Miss I'm sure.

I'd be 100x more surprised if they are not cheating than if they are.

Our fans are obsessed with things they can?t even prove. They?d rather have someone or something to blame.

MaroonBelle
02-20-2019, 06:35 AM

Boobie D. has been doing some training in Jackson. If there was a way to help set him up, invest in him, in opposition to d1...

Maroonthirteen
02-20-2019, 06:49 AM

Because of genetics. Germantown players can’t run and jump and aren’t as strong as West Point players. There is not a D1 in West Point.

Maroonthirteen
02-20-2019, 06:54 AM
Boobie D. has been doing some training in Jackson. If there was a way to help set him up, invest in him, in opposition to d1...

.... and that’s the answer. State people just need to step up and get involved.

As for D1 inMadison, we can call them cheaters blah blah blah. But that is helluva way to get in with the up coming talent and get to know them and deliver the sales pitch for OM. I’m sure Joe Slow from Germantown will have to pay full price for training at D1. I’m sure Dandy dozen from wherever will get his D1 fees paid. But.... it is the environment of big time recruiting. Get in the game or get left out.

confucius say
02-20-2019, 09:15 AM
.... and that’s the answer. State people just need to step up and get involved.

As for D1 inMadison, we can call them cheaters blah blah blah. But that is helluva way to get in with the up coming talent and get to know them and deliver the sales pitch for OM. I’m sure Joe Slow from Germantown will have to pay full price for training at D1. I’m sure Dandy dozen from wherever will get his D1 fees paid. But.... it is the environment of big time recruiting. Get in the game or get left out.

Or get a commit to wear a wire. That's what I'd do personally if it were me

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-20-2019, 09:33 AM
.... and that?s the answer. State people just need to step up and get involved.

As for D1 inMadison, we can call them cheaters blah blah blah. But that is helluva way to get in with the up coming talent and get to know them and deliver the sales pitch for OM. I?m sure Joe Slow from Germantown will have to pay full price for training at D1. I?m sure Dandy dozen from wherever will get his D1 fees paid. But.... it is the environment of big time recruiting. Get in the game or get left out.

Not true. You have no clue so it is best just not to imply anything if you don't know.

Maroonthirteen
02-20-2019, 09:58 AM
What’s not true?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-20-2019, 02:55 PM
What?s not true?

I?m sure Joe Slow from Germantown will have to pay full price for training at D1. I?m sure Dandy dozen from wherever will get his D1 fees paid. NM

Maroonthirteen
02-20-2019, 03:08 PM
Thanks

I’ll be honest. No I don’t have first hand knowledge of D1 in Madison. Therefore i was not saying the people or staff at D1 would participate in that. I’m speaking in general. I was referring more to a third party paying.

Ari Gold
02-20-2019, 03:15 PM
Here’s the bottoms line ..
ISID wouldn’t just throw this shit out there without some really good intel.
Y’all believe what ya want , but don’t be shocked if this gets more legs and pub going forward..
I mean come on look at the 3 guys names he mentioned .. I’m sure these 3 are real straight shooters.

Todd4State
02-20-2019, 08:28 PM
Here’s the bottoms line ..
ISID wouldn’t just throw this shit out there without some really good intel.
Y’all believe what ya want , but don’t be shocked if this gets more legs and pub going forward..
I mean come on look at the 3 guys names he mentioned .. I’m sure these 3 are real straight shooters.

As soon as that facility and the Healthplex in Madison were built I figured that this was inevitable. I believe D1 is based out of Nashville and David Morris a former Ole Miss QB- aka the walk-on guy that we beat in 1998 after Romaro Miller got hurt- is heavily involved up there.

I'm just not sure what the solution is here for us though.

Ari Gold
02-21-2019, 09:28 AM
As soon as that facility and the Healthplex in Madison were built I figured that this was inevitable. I believe D1 is based out of Nashville and David Morris a former Ole Miss QB- aka the walk-on guy that we beat in 1998 after Romaro Miller got hurt- is heavily involved up there.

I'm just not sure what the solution is here for us though.

David Morris is on the coast and his business is QB Country.. Don’t think he has anything to do with D1.. also have heard that Morris runs a very very good training program For QBs.

Again the issue here is the rumor of OM boosters funneling money thru these guys in Madison and I’m sure other places to influence players.. this isn’t ISID just throwing shit on the wall to stick.. his intel is strong.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-21-2019, 09:35 AM
Again the issue here is the rumor of OM boosters funneling money thru these guys in Madison and I?m sure other places to influence players.. this isn?t ISID just throwing shit on the wall to stick.. his intel is strong.

hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha!!!!! No it's not

Tbonewannabe
02-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Well, we know for a fact that CJ Johnson knows exactly how the Network works. Flipmas yay. If anyone followed his twitter at the time, it showed how he got a used Land Rover to drive until he got a brand new Chevy Silverado loaded when he enrolled at UM.

I seen it dawg
02-21-2019, 03:46 PM

Ok. We are right more than yanci and his boys who get paid as employment to do it but that's not saying much. I feel good where I sit. And expect nothing less from you.

ShotgunDawg
02-21-2019, 04:03 PM
Whether it's currently true or not, isn't really the point to me. The point is that it certainly could and likely will develop into a place used to push players Ole Miss even if it isn't already.

By posting this, ISID it illuminating a potential problem and ensuring that it's kept an eye on enough so it doesn't get out of control. Preemptive action is often better.

If D1 doesn't want this type of scrutiny, then they can easily go hire some ex-MSU players to balance things out.

Ari Gold
02-21-2019, 04:23 PM

The read more post less... try that.

I seen it dawg
02-21-2019, 10:08 PM
Whether it's currently true or not, isn't really the point to me. The point is that it certainly could and likely will develop into a place used to push players Ole Miss even if it isn't already.

By posting this, ISID it illuminating a potential problem and ensuring that it's kept an eye on enough so it doesn't get out of control. Preemptive action is often better.

If D1 doesn't want this type of scrutiny, then they can easily go hire some ex-MSU players to balance things out.

It shouldn't be hard. State people should run with it.