PDA

View Full Version : It is increasingly clear that the rest of the conference has raised their coaching

Drugdog
10-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Talent while we are stagnant. Also I would say many teams below us or on par with us have raised their game as well.. Missouri , Baylor, Tennessee , Bears, etc. We HAVE fall behind again and it's getting worse. There has to be some kind of change in the Stafff, OC or DC, Line, coaches.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That would be MSU Football.

And while I'm at it Fire Bracky, and the commercials as well.

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 09:49 AM
we've been to 3 bowl games in a row. OM, Ark, Auburn, Vandy, Tenn., & Mizzu haven't.

I think it's bad decision making to get rid of your reliable car because the guy across the street has a shiney new one.

BogeyGolfer
10-20-2013, 09:54 AM
You are making judgements based on other schools success... Let's see how we finish the year And then make justified judgements... Fans of CFB are fickle but again that's a part of it. If we beat Ark and Ole Miss and win a bowl game this is a moot point... However I agree that we need to start playing the game ( recruiting) in a more concerted manner...

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2013, 09:54 AM
we've been to 3 bowl games in a row. OM, Ark, Auburn, Vandy, Tenn., & Mizzu haven't.

I think it's bad decision making to get rid of your reliable car because the guy across the street has a shiney new one.

Yep, this is correct. However, I understand Drug Dawg..., its time to start winning. I think we are much better than what we have played thus far, but its time to show it, and while I passionately disagree with the cancers that want everyone fired, it is time for Mullen to get us playing better more passionate football, and winning games.

Winning game solves everything. No more moral victories and its time to play better football. Starts with dominating Kentucky on Thursday night.

bluelightstar
10-20-2013, 09:55 AM

Think in this case I prefer the devil I don't know to the devil I do. Beating 4 non-conference teams, Kentucky, and whoever happens to be historically bad is not fun anymore. Getting completely dismantled by everyone decent sucks.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2013, 09:55 AM

but what do you do when your reliable car starts acting up, and sputtering the way we have since last November. Do you replace some major parts like the engine (OC),and some other parts like the transmission (OL coach) or is it more cost effective for the future to invest in a newer car that seems to have a proven track record (Hud). Just throwing out some analogies out for discussion

BHildreth3
10-20-2013, 09:59 AM
It's real simple. If we lose to UK, get destroyed by A&M (an do nothing offensively) and we lose to SC, and we get beat by an awful Arkansas team and then lose the Egg Bowl - then we fire Mullen. Until then all of this talk is just a waste of time.

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I don't see State firing Mullen even if we lose out. I don't think we will lose out but the point is .... Yes all This fire Mullen talk is ridiculous for many reasons ...the biggest being Stricklin isn't going to do it regardless.

Will James
10-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Think in this case I prefer the devil I don't know to the devil I do. Beating 4 non-conference teams, Kentucky, and whoever happens to be historically bad is not fun anymore. Getting completely dismantled by everyone decent sucks.

My feelings in a nutshell. Especially the dismantled part.

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 11:07 AM
but what do you do when your reliable car starts acting up, and sputtering the way we have since last November. Do you replace some major parts like the engine (OC),and some other parts like the transmission (OL coach) or is it more cost effective for the future to invest in a newer car that seems to have a proven track record (Hud). Just throwing out some analogies out for discussion

it stalled. it didn't break down. if it breaks down after Thanksgiving, you trade it in.

TrapGame
10-20-2013, 11:21 AM
It's real simple. If we lose to UK, get destroyed by A&M (an do nothing offensively) and we lose to SC, and we get beat by an awful Arkansas team and then lose the Egg Bowl - then we fire Mullen. Until then all of this talk is just a waste of time.

If we shit the bed here on out outside of a UK win then five years is plenty to size up what your head coach can accomplish.

I don't see State firing Mullen even if we lose out. I don't think we will lose out but the point is .... Yes all This fire Mullen talk is ridiculous for many reasons ...the biggest being Stricklin isn't going to do it regardless.

Then Stricklin better get ready for a stadium half filled at most games next year. People aren't shelling out that kind of money to settle for mediocrity. Mullen fininshing 5-7 will be a serious blow to morale to both fans and players.

Drugdog
10-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Bluelightstar has it. Tired of beating the dregs of football and and getting beat by anyone that has a pulse. On the car analogy we need a tune up.

Fire Bracky and get rid of commercials.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't think they are any better. I think the SEC as a whole is down. SC is now a very winnable game for us and I also think until A&M gets better on defense they are going to be a a shoot out every game.

DownwardDawg
10-20-2013, 06:14 PM

If he loses out he would be fired the morning after the egg bowl. If not, the money flow would stop, the stadium would be empty for the usm game, and all momentum would be lost.
Of course, he won't lose out so it's a moot point.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2013, 06:23 PM
If he loses out he would be fired the morning after the egg bowl. If not, the money flow would stop, the stadium would be empty for the usm game, and all momentum would be lost.
Of course, he won't lose out so it's a moot point.

No doubt. In fact, he would lose the fan base if we lose to Kentucky IMO.

Coach34
10-20-2013, 06:47 PM
We will be Kentucky 14+

bluelightstar
10-20-2013, 06:56 PM
I saw plenty by the fact that Dan Mullen and Hugh Freeze both took hyped unbeaten teams to Tuscaloosa where Nick Saban taught them they had a long way to go. Dan Mullen's team fell completely apart and hasn't recovered 11 games later. Hugh Freeze's team lost to Alabama and then went toe-to-toe with Auburn on the Plains, nearly beat JFF at home, and then upset LSU. Says plenty.

slickdawg
10-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Freeze's team got SHUT OUT by Alabama, we went toe to toe at Auburn on the plains, haven't played JFF yet, and played 3 strong quarters against LSU. So of the points you've made, I'll give you the 4th quarter of the LSU game. Tyler Russell getting hurt gave Dak the chance he needed, and he's proving himself just fine. I'll let the season play out.

bluelightstar
10-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Freeze's team got SHUT OUT by Alabama, we went toe to toe at Auburn on the plains, haven't played JFF yet, and played 3 strong quarters against LSU. So of the points you've made, I'll give you the 4th quarter of the LSU game. Tyler Russell getting hurt gave Dak the chance he needed, and he's proving himself just fine. I'll let the season play out.

My point is Freeze was faced with the scenario Mullen was faced with last year. Results have certainly differed.

slickdawg
10-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Freeze is one game over .500 in the regular season in 1.5 seasons. So was Mullen. Before I say Freeze is the next Nick Saban, I'll let him get a few years under his belt. Well, unless the Lord calls him home.**

Jack Lambert
10-20-2013, 07:46 PM
I saw plenty by the fact that Dan Mullen and Hugh Freeze both took hyped unbeaten teams to Tuscaloosa where Nick Saban taught them they had a long way to go. Dan Mullen's team fell completely apart and hasn't recovered 11 games later. Hugh Freeze's team lost to Alabama and then went toe-to-toe with Auburn on the Plains, nearly beat JFF at home, and then upset LSU. Says plenty.

Ole Miss has always played LSU hard and it is always close and they have beaten them a bunch since the last time we beat them. Giving that fact and i really don't think LSU was very focus on offense and their QB made more mistakes last night then he has the entire season they lost. I am not surprise one bit.

Radddawg
10-20-2013, 09:30 PM
SC is now a very winnable game for us and I also think until A&M gets better on defense they are going to be a a shoot out every game.

Please pass the cocaine***