PDA

View Full Version : Oregon/Oregon State WBK on ESPN2

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Pretty good tight game. The Beavs are ahead at the moment by 5.

Notre Dame beat NC State by 23, and at one time in the second half they were tied.

Dawg2003
02-18-2019, 09:33 PM
I'm watching this one too. Hoping OSU can pull it out.

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 10:15 PM
I'm watching this one too. Hoping OSU can pull it out.

Me too but they only have a 2 point lead now.

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 10:21 PM
It's a really good game. Going to the 4th and a fun one to watch. OSU up by 2.

shannondawg
02-18-2019, 10:41 PM
o stat up by 5 with 90 seconds left.

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 10:48 PM
Didn't Ionescu walk just then?

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 10:55 PM
OSU wins 67-62

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 10:56 PM
The announcers think that Oregon will still be a 1-seed. Not sure why. Of course, we lost to an unranked team, but they just lost too.

Kingbarkus
02-18-2019, 10:57 PM
OSU wins 67-62that OSU point guard won the game. Horrible call on the Oregon three.

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 10:59 PM
that OSU point guard won the game. Horrible call on the Oregon three.

They also made ALL of their free throws.

shannondawg
02-18-2019, 11:01 PM
If anyone told me that I would be watching this game a couple of years ago...............Or even there was a thread on this message board............

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 11:19 PM
If anyone told me that I would be watching this game a couple of years ago...............Or even there was a thread on this message board............

Yep, total truth. I didn't even watch our own women up until 4 or 5 years ago, let alone a game on the west coast. Vic has made the game interesting.

Dawg2003
02-18-2019, 11:23 PM

Me too. I'm deep into it now. It's like a whole new world I never knew existed.

MedDawg
02-19-2019, 08:21 AM
The announcers think that Oregon will still be a 1-seed. Not sure why. Of course, we lost to an unranked team, but they just lost too.

Notre Dame lost 2/7 and Louisville just lost, too. But Mississippi State is the only team to move down after a loss.

Dawg2003
02-19-2019, 08:42 AM
Notre Dame lost 2/7 and Louisville just lost, too. But Mississippi State is the only team to move down after a loss.

It's because of who we lost to and our SOS. Our best wins are Marquette and South Carolina. The other teams have better resumes as far as wins go.

MedDawg
02-19-2019, 08:54 AM
It's because of who we lost to and our SOS. Our best wins are Marquette and South Carolina. The other teams have better resumes as far as wins go.

Not a big difference anyway between a 1 seed and a 2 seed this year. Usually a 1 seed would get location priority, but as of last week 3 of the 4 locations were home games or close to home games for #2 seeds--Albany for UConn, Chicago for Notre Dame, and Greensboro for NC State. So even if we had beaten Missouri and won out, we would be sent to Albany or Chicago as a 1, and the #2 would still have a home game. Now we'll get sent to Albany or Chicago as a #2 and play the same team that we would have played anyway.

Just keep winning and everything will take care of itself. Win out and we win the overall SEC championship again. It would be nice to win the SEC Tournament, too. Both require winning at South Carolina and near South Carolina.

MedDawg
02-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Not a big difference anyway between a 1 seed and a 2 seed this year. Usually a 1 seed would get location priority, but as of last week 3 of the 4 locations were home games or close to home games for #2 seeds--Albany for UConn, Chicago for Notre Dame, and Greensboro for NC State. So even if we had beaten Missouri and won out, we would be sent to Albany or Chicago as a 1, and the #2 would still have a home game. Now we'll get sent to Albany or Chicago as a #2 and play the same team that we would have played anyway.

Just keep winning and everything will take care of itself. Win out and we win the overall SEC championship again. It would be nice to win the SEC Tournament, too. Both require winning at South Carolina and near South Carolina.

With the matchups that just now came out, I see now the NCAA is doing it right--the #1's Oregon and UConn will have close to home sites and the #2's are sent elsewhere--Notre Dame is sent to Albany instead of 'hosting' in Chicago and NC State is sent to Portland instead of 'hosting' in Greensboro.

State is a #2 in Greeensboro opposite Baylor. So a tough opponent but at least not in Albany vs UConn or in Portland vs Oregon.