PDA

View Full Version : Weather guys

BuckyIsAB****
02-18-2019, 07:40 PM
What are the odds that we play baseball on wed or this weekend? And is there any threat for tornadoes in central MS with any of this coming?

Cooterpoot
02-18-2019, 08:03 PM
Zero chance we play before Sat. Sat. might be tough too but we’ll see. Damn rain!

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2019, 08:11 PM
I don't see it happening. Forecast is for 3-7" of rain with locally higher amounts. Next dry day looks to be Sunday. Also...Saturday may be our first severe weather event of the season. Still a little early to nail down specifics such as location and threats, but right now MS north and west of a Natchez to Tupelo line looking like the main area with damaging winds and tornadoes looking possible. Should have a much better handle on it by Wednesday or so when the mid range models start picking it up.

MetEdDawg
02-18-2019, 08:18 PM
Right now I would say the best chance we have of playing baseball is Sunday and even that's a crap shoot. There's just going to be so much rain over the next 5 days the OF is going to be sloppy. Very little to no sun over the next 96 hours to try and do any good to the field to dry it out if we wanted to play.

But Sunday looks wet too. Best case scenario is we get 2 in Sunday in my opinion. That's best case scenario.

Todd4State
02-18-2019, 09:20 PM
I wonder if we could do a Sunday DH followed by a game on Monday?

RocketDawg
02-18-2019, 09:24 PM
Right now I would say the best chance we have of playing baseball is Sunday and even that's a crap shoot. There's just going to be so much rain over the next 5 days the OF is going to be sloppy. Very little to no sun over the next 96 hours to try and do any good to the field to dry it out if we wanted to play.

But Sunday looks wet too. Best case scenario is we get 2 in Sunday in my opinion. That's best case scenario.

Will those games be rescheduled or just wiped? 3 are against Southern Miss ... would be nice to sweep a series from them after what happened last year.

It's too early for severe weather, but winters the past few years have been strange. And this is about the wettest one I ever remember. February may be record warm.

CadaverDawg
02-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Knew we should've built a dome. Cheapskates. ***

MetEdDawg
02-18-2019, 11:26 PM
Will those games be rescheduled or just wiped? 3 are against Southern Miss ... would be nice to sweep a series from them after what happened last year.

It's too early for severe weather, but winters the past few years have been strange. And this is about the wettest one I ever remember. February may be record warm.

Usually in baseball you don't make them up unless they are conference games that mean something or one where you play on a Tuesday night that gets rained out and you can mutually agree to play Wednesday.

But considering it's Southern Miss, if we have to cancel two or more games due to rain, I could see us trying to schedule a Tuesday night game with them later in the year. It's mutually beneficial for both teams for RPI and SOS purposes so I could see that happening.

preachermatt83
02-19-2019, 12:13 AM
I know this may be a dumb question but what if anything has played into us having such an unusually we winter/early spring. It's not gone more than two days of sunshine in forever. Also is there any end in sight? Do you guys expect it to be get dry and stay dry or will it be an unusually wet spring as well?? I know there may not be a definitive answer but hoping for maybe a couple of opinions.

RocketDawg
02-19-2019, 08:34 AM
I know this may be a dumb question but what if anything has played into us having such an unusually we winter/early spring. It's not gone more than two days of sunshine in forever. Also is there any end in sight? Do you guys expect it to be get dry and stay dry or will it be an unusually wet spring as well?? I know there may not be a definitive answer but hoping for maybe a couple of opinions.

Before the heavy rains start here, my deck is covered in sleet this morning. The temp needs to go up just a little before the heavier precip gets here or we'll have a rush hour mess.

MedDawg
02-19-2019, 09:00 AM
What are the odds that we play baseball on wed or this weekend? And is there any threat for tornadoes in central MS with any of this coming?

We need to play four games on Sunday.**

starkvegasdawg
02-19-2019, 09:11 AM

We're in an El Ni?o pattern which shifts the storm pattern from the Pacific into the South which results in a warmer and wetter winter typically.

shoeless joe
02-19-2019, 10:46 AM
We're in an El Ni?o pattern which shifts the storm pattern from the Pacific into the South which results in a warmer and wetter winter typically.

Well tell Chris Farley to get the hell outta here cuz I’ve been sick of the rain and my yard looks like a swamp

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2019, 10:54 AM

As long as we make USM travel up to sit in the rain, that is a small victory of sorts.

StarkVegasSteve
02-19-2019, 12:00 PM
As long as we make USM travel up to sit in the rain, that is a small victory of sorts.

Absolutely agree with this. After the way their administration and fans handled the 17 regional just make their players sit at the park the entire time. Hell, they'll probably enjoy it. It's better than that s***hole they play in.

BuckyIsAB****
02-19-2019, 07:11 PM
It better quit raining before March 15

Todd4State
02-20-2019, 12:56 AM

I have a feeling that we're going to find a way to play at least two of those games if not all three.

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2019, 06:53 AM
Severe weather starting to look more likely for north and central MS Saturday including the chance for tornadoes - some of which could be strong. It's getting that time of year here. We all know the drill.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2019, 11:17 AM
I'm having to make the decision to load up Thur afternoon and head over for the wkd or not...it's not looking promising for getting any baseball in...

State82
02-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Zero chance we play before Sat. Sat. might be tough too but we’ll see. Damn rain!

0%? Interesting

HoopsDawg
02-20-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm having to make the decision to load up Thur afternoon and head over for the wkd or not...it's not looking promising for getting any baseball in...

playing a double header on Sunday.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Already announced? I'd have to leave Sunday am