PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Dawgs

BuckyIsAB****
02-18-2019, 10:09 AM
Admittedly I havent played an inning of baseball since I was 13 and I have never coached it in any fashion AND I know it was Ygstown St BUT

The thing I like most about this team is we are talented but this team has been through the ringer. Some of them won the SEC title in 16 most of them went to Omaha and the run we had last year but at the same time most of them went thru what we did at the beginning of last season. They have seen the ups and downs and played for each other thru all of it. They are tough and never quit. They are unselfish and the prime example of that is Mangum. He's seen others leave early but he decided to stay not just once but twice. This team added young talent to an already mature bunch. Those freshmen last year are one of the best groups in the country and have already been thru what some 5 year players dont go thru in their entire careers.

I am so excited and proud of this group of kids

louisvilledawg
02-18-2019, 10:44 AM
Absolutely. Our true sophomores could be the best class to come through Starkville in a long time if they keep it up. They make up 4 of our starting 9 and are only going to get better as we progress in the season.

StarkVegasSteve
02-18-2019, 11:12 AM
I think we're truly beginning to see why LSU and Mainieri threw such a b**** fit when Cann stole Tanner Allen from them.

Tbonewannabe
02-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Admittedly I havent played an inning of baseball since I was 13 and I have never coached it in any fashion AND I know it was Ygstown St BUT

The thing I like most about this team is we are talented but this team has been through the ringer. Some of them won the SEC title in 16 most of them went to Omaha and the run we had last year but at the same time most of them went thru what we did at the beginning of last season. They have seen the ups and downs and played for each other thru all of it. They are tough and never quit. They are unselfish and the prime example of that is Mangum. He's seen others leave early but he decided to stay not just once but twice. This team added young talent to an already mature bunch. Those freshmen last year are one of the best groups in the country and have already been thru what some 5 year players dont go thru in their entire careers.

Mangum might be my favorite bulldog ever. He is definitely up there with Dak.

maroonmania
02-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Mangum might be my favorite bulldog ever. He is definitely up there with Dak.

Mangum and Ginn are my guys. Mangum for the pride he has in our program and Ginn for wanting to wear the M over S enough to turn down 2.4 million dollars. Love those guys.

msbulldog
02-18-2019, 07:01 PM

I am too, Bucky! Hail State!!! Go Dawgs!!!!

Saltydog
02-18-2019, 07:54 PM
it. This is the first year in a while we could say that. Our 1-6 is outstanding. Yes, I included Foscue in that because regardless of his stats this weekend, he's going to hit. He hit a ton of balls hard this weekend but hit'em right at folks. We played solid D this weekend too and I was glad to see because I was very concerned about that coming into the year, mostly at 2nd and SS. In any event, this weekend should give us a lot better gauge on what we really have.