PDA

View Full Version : College Baseball rankings update

MetEdDawg
02-18-2019, 09:42 AM
Baseball America keeps us at #9

D1 baseball keeps us at #14

A few more will update as the day goes on, but obviously the consensus is that unless you lose a bad series like Louisville there won't be much early moving in the polls.

The Federalist Engineer
02-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Baseball America keeps us at #9

D1 baseball keeps us at #14

A few more will update as the day goes on, but obviously the consensus is that unless you lose a bad series like Louisville there won't be much early moving in the polls.

The cats at D1 and RPI people will be watching our TExas Tech and East Carolina show downs - our early SEC schedule is also huge

Our March schedule is very hard, very interesting

Todd4State
02-18-2019, 09:22 PM
I think we could move up if we have a good showing this week.

shannondawg
02-19-2019, 10:21 AM
Why is there so much difference in the two rankings, the football polls are at most only one maybe two spots different, same as basketball?

Todd, which do think is most accurate, and not just because we are ranked higher in one or the other?

Captain Falcon
02-19-2019, 11:52 AM
I typically think of D1 as the most reliable ranking since they basically fired thd

AROB44
02-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Baseball rankings this early seem, to me at least, pretty meaningless.

Tbonewannabe
02-19-2019, 12:06 PM
Baseball rankings this early seem, to me at least, pretty meaningless.

Same as any other early season rankings. You basically look at where you finished the year before and what you have returning. Hopefully the gritty, never say die attitude we had in our run to #3 last year is the same this year. We return a lot of production from that team with Stovall and Pilk being the biggest losses. LA didn't have a great year at the plate but he came up pretty big in clutch situations while playing good defense. So I think Westburg will be an improvement at SS.

Small was the best starter last year so moving him to Friday should be an improvement but then we replace his Saturday starts with a 1st round talent. Keegan James is good enough to be a Sat starter so we have a great set up as long as everyone stays healthy.

AusTexDawg
02-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Fitt and Kendall at D1 have mentioned in the past that, early in the season, their rankings still have a lot of the preseason predictions reflected in the poll. That’s why’s Louisville is still up there despite a losing weekend. By mid season, they have adjusted the poll to account for what teams actually show on the field. Unless some teams ahead of us start to have bad losses, it’s unlikely we’ll move into the D1 top 10 before SEC play starts.