PDA

View Full Version : What if.......

Bucky Dog
10-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Say we never scheduled Ok State and played say La Tech at home and won 31-13, for shits and giggles, would all of you fire Dan, we suck people, still be bitching about us being 4-2 instead of 3-3, assuming that all other games played out exactly the same way?

AROB44
10-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes they would.....it's not about W's, it's about how you look in winning (or losing). This is one of the reasons that no coach will last very long....no matter who he is.

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 09:42 AM
if we wouldn't have scheduled Okie State, Tyker would've played against auburn and we would've converted a 3rd down in the 2nd half and we wouldn't have lost that game either.

We'd be 5-1 and 1-1 in the SEC with a win over a team that just beat A&M.

cheewgumm
10-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Damn hack... Now there's a stretch.

Fact is we wouldn't be any better, we'd just think we were better because we would have beaten la tech.

TrapGame
10-20-2013, 09:56 AM
I was hoping the OSU game would expose weaknesses right off the bat that could be fixed immediately so they wouldn't rear up in games with AU and LSU. I now see that the same problems from OSU are still present. Little has been changed.

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 09:57 AM
you don't think our 5th year Sr wouldn't have been able to convert a single first down, down the stretch?

I also think he would've scored more than 20 against that porous defense. He scored more than that against five of the eight SEC teams we played last year. And Auburn is giving up 32+ PPG against other SEC teams this year. We could've easily won that game with Tyler, even if he were to play just one drive in the 2nd half.

msstate7
10-20-2013, 10:00 AM
you don't think our 5th year Sr wouldn't have been able to convert a single first down, down the stretch?

I also think he would've scored more than 20 against that porous defense. He scored more than that against five of the eight SEC teams we played last year. And Auburn is giving up 32+ PPG against other SEC teams this year. We could've easily won that game with Tyler, even if he were to play just one drive in the 2nd half.

Have you seen auburns pass rush this year? I think TR would've been good on a drive or two against them, but they would've teed off on him if he played the whole game

Political Hack
10-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Have you seen auburns pass rush this year? I think TR would've been good on a drive or two against them, but they would've teed off on him if he played the whole game

I've been pretty clear I think they need to rotate.